Joe McKnight For KORer

SoFlaJets

Please, no more Cro back there-we need him more for defensive purposes and JM can do the job. I'd also really like to start seeing him get some carries since Shonn Greene is NOT who we thought he was

Cro should not be returning kicks on weekends where is supposed to be dropping the ball. But on weekends where he can return a kick for 46 yards like he did against the JETS he should be returning kicks.

Seriously speaking, I think the JETS have tried Kerley and McKnight there in spots. If he was not injured i expected his role as KR to be reduced as the season went on. But now that he is injured i think we see a combo of Kerley and McKnight on the field.

Please, no more Cro back there-we need him more for defensive purposes and JM can do the job. I'd also really like to start seeing him get some carries since Shonn Greene is NOT who we thought he was

I just watched the game again...

To be fair, at one point in the first half, Greene had 9 carries for 51 yards, but 15 for 59 total.

His last 6 carries:

2 yards off RG (last carry of the first half)

1 yard off RG (came with 6:49 left in the third quarter...it took that long to get another carry)

1 yard off RG

3 yards pitch off LT

0 yards off RG

1 yard up the gut

Pretty much all the same play with not much room. When they were pitching out in the first half and going to the outside, they were getting yardage. Then Schotty outsmarted himself by going up the middle pretty much the rest of the game. The only good run in the 2nd half was a 20 yard run by LT off of a draw. Basically, the Raiders defense adjusted, we did not.

Never really liked the idea of a starting Corner who just gave a solid contrac to returning kicks. Especailly since McKnight has shown to be more than adequate. But I think Westy gets who he wants, no questions asked.

I think the thing with McKnight is they want to see how coachable he is after seriously pissing them off starting in the pre-season last year. They're going to make him earn his stripes on special teams before they let him see time at RB, which (I forget but think it was either Ryan or Westhoff) basically said after his blocked punt. Since one thing has nothing to do with the other, this is the only conclusion I can draw. If it was about running well in practice or improving blocking, then he still wouldn't see time at RB because he blocked a kick or took a kickoff 50 yards.

Archived