Holmes as a player/coach?

DMaynard

Going into this game, the Dolphin's DLine has never recorded a sack.

I don't know who specifically got the the one or two they got last night.

Regardless, OLine played well... Competition was poo.

True about the competition, but that never prevented the Jets from playing down to that level before. Let's hope this is a confidence builder. Don't forget, Mangold missed two and a half games. maybe now they will jell.

Going into this game, the Dolphin's DLine has never recorded a sack.

I don't know who specifically got the the one or two they got last night.

Regardless, OLine played well... Competition was poo.

This. There's nothing to criticize the OL about, but this isn't exactly time to start praising them either given the Dolphins had 6 sacks in their first 4 games (3 by Wake)... hardly a great challenge. And they still got 2 sacks, which is nothing horrible, but better than their average.

Oh I think the Oline had a huge confidence rush, yeah the other guys sucked, and sucked alot, but they are all still NFL players and they couldnt getting anything on mark. I think i saw one time they got a hand on his ankle, but this was a vast improvement on our side of the ball. Usually Mark is running for his life and has about .02 seconds to throw. Tonight he had about 2 sec a snap if not more and our receivers were able to get open.

Everyone was talking about how holmes and burress(who admittedly is still rusty) were not getting open etc. Well tonight they did and all it took was a chance for them to run more than 10 feet.

I think the line will have trouble still but not nearly as bad as it was before this game.

All in all I say this is just what we needed. I cant wait till sunday...

Just kidding, but Tone should receive a game ball for calling out the o-line. Then they play their best game of the year. Rex tries too hard to make all of his players love him. Sometimes you just have to kick some a$$es.

Which is why I was fine with...its not like its something the OL didnt know. To me, it only made them want to play better and prove everyone wrong.

Wayne Hunter was outstanding last night. So glad he remember how to play Football. Aside from one false start, he was great. He man handled their best pass rusher.

Archived