Need Laptop Advice ASAP

The Gun Of Bavaria

Fellow computer types,

I'v been wanting to get a laptop for a while and have an opportunity to get one from a friend at work. He's asking $200 for it but before i pill the trigger i want to make sure I'm getting something halfway decent.

It's a DELL Latitude notebook with a Pentium III processor. It has 256MB RAM and a 18GB HD. I'm posting this from the computer right now so i know it has a high speed ethernet card. It also has a DVD player and a 15" monitor.

I'm not sure how old it is in age. It's in good shape though. what's y'all think?

Check out www.slickdeals.net, everyday they have new deals, stackable coupons and other online discount coupon codes in a limited quantity. I bought a dell inspiron 9300 fully loaded for 7 something that a friend had spent 2200 on 3 months before. Check it each day, when Dell needs to dump inventory they put some pretty sweet deals out there....

Site seems to be down now, my point though is for 4 or 5 hundred you can get a pretty nice laptop by checking here each day...

Fellow computer types,

I'v been wanting to get a laptop for a while and have an opportunity to get one from a friend at work. He's asking $200 for it but before i pill the trigger i want to make sure I'm getting something halfway decent.

It's a DELL Latitude notebook with a Pentium III processor. It has 256MB RAM and a 18GB HD. I'm posting this from the computer right now so i know it has a high speed ethernet card. It also has a DVD player and a 15" monitor.

I'm not sure how old it is in age. It's in good shape though. what's y'all think?

Whatcha gonna do with it? If your just using it for email and web, with some minor word processing, it'll do you just fine. New is nice, having spare cash after buying something is better. JMHO.

Yeah, I really want it for around the house. Web, email, word processing, small stuff like that. That's why part of me wants to pull the trigger on it. But when I look at some of the deals going around, I can get a new laptop with twice the RAM, HD, faster processor, and all the fixins for $200 more with a warranty.

Yeah, I really want it for around the house. Web, email, word processing, small stuff like that. That's why part of me wants to pull the trigger on it. But when I look at some of the deals going around, I can get a new laptop with twice the RAM, HD, faster processor, and all the fixins for $200 more with a warranty.

New is nice if you have the extra $200 to spend. The warranty is worth it, even if it's a peace of mind thing. Sounds like a no lose situation.

u know what may be the biggest negative? the battery is probably shot like in mine. i get about 10-15 minutes now. batteries are like 100 bucks.

i still think, if its for websurfing and word, its fine. i had a friggin windows 95,pentium 1 166 mhz 32 meg ram doing everything that everyone else was doing just a bit slower. others had 1200mghz etc128 megs

u know what may be the biggest negative? the battery is probably shot like in mine. i get about 10-15 minutes now. batteries are like 100 bucks.

i still think, if its for websurfing and word, its fine. i had a friggin windows 95,pentium 1 166 mhz 32 meg ram doing everything that everyone else was doing just a bit slower. others had 1200mghz etc128 megs

have u TOTALLY drained???? u need to that every once in awhile

Archived