Back to work & the 6 day vacation

Lego My Lageman

Rich Cimini stopped being so positive, put down his Jet pom poms (LOL I kid)and critized the Jets and Rex this week because he gave the team such a long layoff. Do you feel he should have given them so much time off? I personally agree with the decision only for one reason. After this week @Buffalo @ 1 we have New England as the late game Sunday @Jetlife at 830 THEN at @Denver on Thursday 8:30.

Rex has been bad off the bye I believe so hopefully this time he did something different!

While I agree to an extent, if you look at those games I'm not sure if the bye had a tremendous impact. Against Jacksonville the Jets were leading late in the game and basically lost the game on one play when Rhodes got toasted by Marcedes Lewis on the Jags' last drive. I still have burned into my memory the imagine of Leonhard flipping out and screaming at Rhodes from across the field, and him being completely clueless, and right there I knew the game was going to be a loss before the ball was even snapped. So not exactly the bye-week hangover the media is currently making it out to be given the way the game played out.

The Packers game last year, well that was a complete disaster and quite possibly one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen, but the defense actually played fantastically, holding the Packers to 9 points despite the officials repeatedly handing the Packers the ball. The offense was a heaping pile of crap, but they also twice had completed passes on tackled players ruled as INTs, which only made matters worse. Besides, given how often the offense has sucked beyond belief over the past 6 years, I'm hardly going to blame that entirely on the bye. Now granted, I certainly do hope Ryan handled things a bit differently, but I also don't think those two games are enough to say anything about the Jets chances against Buffalo.

While I agree to an extent, if you look at those games I'm not sure if the bye had a tremendous impact. Against Jacksonville the Jets were leading late in the game and basically lost the game on one play when Rhodes got toasted by Marcedes Lewis on the Jags' last drive. I still have burned into my memory the imagine of Leonhard flipping out and screaming at Rhodes from across the field, and him being completely clueless, and right there I knew the game was going to be a loss before the ball was even snapped. So not exactly the bye-week hangover the media is currently making it out to be given the way the game played out.

The Packers game last year, well that was a complete disaster and quite possibly one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen, but the defense actually played fantastically, holding the Packers to 9 points despite the officials repeatedly handing the Packers the ball. The offense was a heaping pile of crap, but they also twice had completed passes on tackled players ruled as INTs, which only made matters worse. Besides, given how often the offense has sucked beyond belief over the past 6 years, I'm hardly going to blame that entirely on the bye. Now granted, I certainly do hope Ryan handled things a bit differently, but I also don't think those two games are enough to say anything about the Jets chances against Buffalo.

I didn't remember the specifics...good recap.

If you lose to the Super Bowl champs after the bye...it is probably excusable.

Archived