No Huddle: Discussion of DPOY

Ghost

Warren Sapp when with Allen from Minny.

Deion Sanders went with Ware.

Suprisingly, Willie McGinest was the only one to mention Darrelle.

It's unbelievable. WTF does he have to do to get mentioned in this conversation? Cowboys and Minny are probably going to miss the playoffs, and they still get this amount of respect. **** that.

Really I don't care if he ever wins it. If he doesn't win then he'll just stay hungry and have a chip on his shoulder.

If he does win it then it's just going to come up in any kind of contract talks or even worse it could go to his head.

Warren Sapp when with Allen from Minny.

Deion Sanders went with Ware.

Suprisingly, Willie McGinest was the only one to mention Darrelle.

It's unbelievable. WTF does he have to do to get mentioned in this conversation? Cowboys and Minny are probably going to miss the playoffs, and they still get this amount of respect. **** that.

I understand where your coming from. But who really cares? If Revis can lead this Jets defense to an NFL Championship, not only would Revis go down as the greatest Jet in franchise history, but he'll go down as the greatest NFL coverage corner of All-Time.

The NFL defensive player of the league award may never come to Revis, especially if they refused to see what Revis did back in 2009 while not only shutting down, but completely eliminating WR's such as Andre Johnson, Randy Moss (2x), Marques Colston, Terrell Owens (2x), Steve Smith, Roddy White, Reggie Wayne and Chad Johnson (2X). It's all about the "sexy numbers". This award isn't about the greatest defensive player in the game today. Revis has 4 INT's, untill he records 10+ INT's, he may not get it. But who cares.

If the critics ever wanna question the greatness of Darrelle Revis, just have them look at what he did against Calvin Johnson during the regular season and Peyton Manning/Reggie Wayne of the playoffs last season. Revis held Manning's favorite target in Reggie Wayne to only 1 reception for 1 yard and 0 TD's. That's why we advanced to the next round, because Revis was able to completely erase one side of the football field against one of the greatest QB's of all time. Calvin Johnson is the greatest WR I've seen since Randy Moss of his golden years with the Vikings, and Revis held Calvin to only 1 catch for 13 yards and 0 TD's last season.

I'll tell you what, I grew up being in awe of Deion Sanders, especially during his days with mostly the Falcons and Cowboys. He was explosive during kickoff and punt returns, other than Devin Hester of recent years, I've never seen anything like it. But as far as one on one, man to man coverage skill? Not even Sanders could compete with what Revis has done, and is currently doing. Believe it or not, but Sanders was mostly used in the same ways that Aso was used with the Raiders. Sanders would line up against lesser #2 WR's, while his head coach or DC would roll coverage over to the #1 WR's side. Not even Sanders would line up, each and every game, in man to man coverage with no safety help 85% of the time. This is something that only Revis has done. After Champ Bailey's golden years... NFL experts made it known how there is no longer a such thing as a shut down corner in today's NFL...

And then Revis was born.

FWIW Sanders only won DPOY once in his career and it was in his 6th season as a pro. Corners simply dont get the award often. Its also much harder for Revis than Sanders. Sanders was electric and a complete ballhawk. Prior to this season Revis averaged 13 yards per interception return and had 14% returned for scores. Sanders was at 25 yards and around 18% over the same time frame, plus Sanders was always given an early season pass since he was playing baseball some years.

This is the first year where Revis is going to have a Sanders like year in visible impact plays. Sanders year he won the award he averaged 50 yards per intercept, 0.43 picks a game, and 50% TDs. Revis is at 46, 0.5, and 25%. He pretty much needs 1 more TD to end up in the Sanders category. Revis is also going to compare to the year Ed Reed had when he won the award (40, 0.56, 11%) and Woodson (20, 0.56. 33%). So this is his best chance if he can maintain this pace.

QBKilla irks the hell out of me!!! He is constantly cutting people off and talking over people with his BIG voice. He won't even let coaches finish their train of thought. The show is so much better when he is not on that freakin' panel.

Really I don't care if he ever wins it. If he doesn't win then he'll just stay hungry and have a chip on his shoulder.

If he does win it then it's just going to come up in any kind of contract talks or even worse it could go to his head.

not to mention the inevitable holdout..

Archived