Jets Make Roster Moves; Leonhard Disappointed With Fans

JetNation

helmet.gif

Over the past couple of days the New York Jets have made several roster moves and they are as follows:

Safety Emanuel Cook waived- This was a surprising move by Gang Green as Emanuel was a solid special teams contributor and was the team’s third string safety.  There are a variety of stories being circulated about the reasoning behind the move, but at the end of the day the result is the same.   The Baltimore Ravens claimed Cook off of waivers and I wish him nothing but the best of luck.

Sign LB Ricky Sapp to practice squad- The Jets announced that they have re-signed linebacker Ricky Sapp to the practice squad.  Coming out of Clemson Sapp was known for his pass rushing skills, so maybe with some refinement Ricky can make an impact.

Release LB Eddie Jones from practice squad- Jones was on the active roster earlier this year against the Patriots and I would not be surprised to see the Jets re-sign him down the line.

Add S Tracy Wilson to the active roster- The Jets signed Wilson to the practice squad on 10/12/11 and is more than likely being brought up to replace Emanuel Cook.

Jim Leonhard disappointed with Jets fans- One of the biggest stories on Tuesday was Jim Leonhard’s interview on WFAN where he discussed the fans booing quarterback Mark Sanchez during pre-game introductions on Sunday.  Leonhard offered:

“I think we have a great crowd. I think probably for one of the first times, I was kind of disappointed. Our starting quarterback gets booed in introductions…. That’s frustrating when … As players, you kind of turn to each other and say, ‘You know what? I guess we’re in this one today by ourselves. We can’t rely on the crowd to give us that energy because it’s already started off on a bad note.’”

I am really glad that Jim Leonhard offered these comments because as a Jets fan I think it is embarrassing that Sanchez was booed during intros.  It is more than obvious that the YOUNG quarterback is struggling, but he is one of many Jets players that have had issues this season.

Sanchez is still learning the ropes of the NFL just like several of the other young signal callers in the league (Flacco, Freeman, Ryan etc).  Mark’s struggles are all part of the maturation process for a quarterback in the NFL.  To give him a hard time before a game in his own stadium is ridiculous.

di</img>

di</img>MFG9jZnlLMI

View the full article

I agree with Leonhard booing players at the beginning of a game before a ball is even snapped is ridiculous its like throwing in the towel before the game even starts.

i disagree it seems like the coaching staff and teammates never wanna trash him. I think someone has to do it and hold him accountable.

i disagree it seems like the coaching staff and teammates never wanna trash him. I think someone has to do it and hold him accountable.

Its very rare you see players trashing teammates its even more rare you see coaches or organizations do it. The only time you really know how an organization feels or a coach feels is when said player is traded or cut.

Its very rare you see players trashing teammates its even more rare you see coaches or organizations do it. The only time you really know how an organization feels or a coach feels is when said player is traded or cut.

sanchez cant do anything wrong in the coaches eyes. I wonder if mcelroy was alive would rex still absolutely refuse to bench sanchez

sanchez cant do anything wrong in the coaches eyes. I wonder if mcelroy was alive would rex still absolutely refuse to bench sanchez

None of us truly know what the coaches think about Mark Sanchez and I dont think they would take it to the extent of "cant do anything wrong" he does plenty wrong but I feel it can be corrected and its not getting corrected. The big question is is it that Mark simply does not have what it takes or are the coahes doing a piss poor job. IMO by seeing the potential in Sanchez especially his perfomances in the playoffs and in toguth 4th quarter situations I blame the coaches. I could be wrong but thats what Im going with until we get a new staff in here.

I don't know if there's anything more pathetic than when players bitch about fans. Especially with how this team has played this year. The only reason I haven't booed every second of this year's squad is because I'm too busy destroying my liver with grain alcohol so I can manage to get through these abortions that they call gameplans.

None of us truly know what the coaches think about Mark Sanchez and I dont think they would take it to the extent of "cant do anything wrong" he does plenty wrong but I feel it can be corrected and its not getting corrected. The big question is is it that Mark simply does not have what it takes or are the coahes doing a piss poor job. IMO by seeing the potential in Sanchez especially his perfomances in the playoffs and in toguth 4th quarter situations I blame the coaches. I could be wrong but thats what Im going with until we get a new staff in here.

yea i feel you. Im not exactly sure who to blame either since sometimes sanchez misses open recievers and sometimes the play calling sucksssss. I guess i was raised old fashioned though, in my town sports young rec league if you are sucking you will be told you suck, and if you are not doing a good job you will be replaced by someone who will.

You act like he is an unpaid intern. Sanchez is a highly paid NFL QB -- if he started playing like one he would be less likely to be booed by the fans who pay $$$ to watch his inept play.

Also if he was a backup promoted due to injury, or some low draft pick with low expectations, no one would be booing him either.

I agree with Leonhard booing players at the beginning of a game before a ball is even snapped is ridiculous its like throwing in the towel before the game even starts.

If the fans booing makes him wanna throw in the towel, then he needs to get a new job making LESS money.

Archived