Press conference recap

Sperm Edwards

Let me see if I have this summed up correctly, even though yes I realize some of it is just for show:

1. Praised Brian Schottenheimer

2. Praised Mark Sanchez

3. Praised Santonio Holmes

4. Praised Vladimir Ducasse

5. Praised Patrick Turner

6. Praised Marcus Dixon

7. Praised Caleb Schlauderaff

8. Praised Austin Howard

9. Praised Josh Baker

10. Praised Kevin O'Connell

11. Praised Greg McElroy

12. Praised Mark Brunell

13. Praised Sione Pouha (for his leadership not for his play)

14. Praised Woody Johnson

Who did I miss?

On the plus side, reading between the lines I infer:

1. They will be bringing in another QB and it won't be on the Kevin O'Connell level. Brunell is gone (at least as a player).

2. Mark Sanchez is not the automatic starter for the entire season next year. They recognize his level of play is unacceptable.

3. They know perfectly well Wayne Hunter cannot start next year.

4. They will make an effort to re-sign Pouha. His age (he turns 33 next month) dictates he shouldn't be a bank-breaker.

5. There will absolutely be some coaching staff changes.

6. They BADLY want Schottenheimer to get a head coaching gig somewhere else.

7. Plaxico is gone unless he's agreed to re-sign for dirt cheap because they're bringing in or drafting a noteworthy WR/prospect to be the starter opposite Holmes.

8. They see giving Holmes all that guaranteed money was a huge mistake but are stuck with him.

Let me see if I have this summed up correctly, even though yes I realize some of it is just for show:

2. Praised Mark Sanchez

6. Praised Marcus Dixon

8. Praised Austin Howard

9. Praised Josh Baker

11. Praised Greg McElroy

12. Praised Mark Brunell

Who did I miss?

No praise for Mulligan? A$$holes!

2. Praised Mark Sanchez

6. Praised Marcus Dixon

8. Praised Austin Howard

9. Praised Josh Baker

11. Praised Greg McElroy

12. Praised Mark Brunell

Who did I miss?

And by this, they basically praised themselves for being such astute talent evaluators, and telling us that the answers are already within the organization.

This worries me. Is Woody about to get a tight pocket book, and we are truly left to believe that the fill in players already reside on the roster?

And by this, they basically praised themselves for being such astute talent evaluators, and telling us that the answers are already within the organization.

This worries me. Is Woody about to get a tight pocket book, and we are truly left to believe that the fill in players already reside on the roster?

I doubt it. For all the complaints about him (many of them, like PSLs, being valid), Woody has always flooded the franchise with money. Plus there are still some unsold PSLs. Duh.

I doubt it. For all the complaints about him (many of them, like PSLs, being valid), Woody has always flooded the franchise with money. Plus there are still some unsold PSLs. Duh.

Correct, for all the complaints, Woody has primarily spent. But, with the captive PSL audience, his incentive to spend would seemingly be less than in most recent years. First sign will be how quickly Pouha re-ups. That will be my litmus test.

I am not sure how the loans are structured and when principals come due.

Correct, for all the complaints, Woody has primarily spent. But, with the captive PSL audience, his incentive to spend would seemingly be less than in most recent years. First sign will be how quickly Pouha re-ups. That will be my litmus test.

I am not sure how the loans are structured and when principals come due.

He can always take out a 2nd mortgage, no?

He can always take out a 2nd mortgage, no?

Sure he can, but will he?

He obviously has new revenues with naming rights, so that should help.

This is pure conjecture on my part, and hopefully wrong. I just get nervous in year end press conferences when management says the "answers are within". I do not know what purpose that served, other than self aggrandizing.

1. Rex still does not get it

2. Rex still does not get it

3. Rex still does not get it

and so on.

Um, No. Actually you don't get it. Rex gets it perfectly. You don't badmouth people you work with. It's one of the cardinal rules of a workplace. It fosters resentment, and the environment sours.

The guy is on his first head coaching job, and each year he has gotten better from the mistakes he has made. The guy wants to win so badly, it drives him, and so he will get better.

Tannebaum said the Jints signing Victor Cruz, who played high school ball within an hour of Tanny's office and played at Tanny's alma mater, UMass, whom Rex Ryan had NO IDEA who he was last preseason, proves Mike Tannebaum has a fine eye for good talent like Vald Dukie-asse and various other free agents.

Archived