Sanchez coming up on 1050 ESPN w/ Michael Kay

Mogglez

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear it's that kind of stuff that is going to drive me away finally from the last sport that I actaully give a crap about. I see this team as going downhill and the ultimate firing of another overmatched Jets head coach. What's gonna be the final nail in it for me is having to suffer through watching the Patriots or the Giants in another Super Bowl-if that happens then I'm done-I swear to God-that will tear it for me. Between Rex's loudmouth proclamations and what I think is about to happen in the next month...smh with a face palm

GO RANGERS

I think Cavanaugh is terrible at his job and Sanchez's performance this year is proof of that.

They say "practice makes perfect" but from my own experience that is woefully inaccurate. Perfect practice makes perfect. If you are practicing the wrong things you will only get good at being bad. I think its pretty clear we have a QB that's been practicing the wrong things. Based on the fact that his play has evolved over his three years its pretty safe to say the kid is coachable - teach him the right things and he'll improve.

Ah Geez, I’m going to hell for sure. I agree with both Shane and Klecko in the same week.

I’m so depressed

Agreed in that we're not talking about David Eckstein here. The guy had prototypical size, adequate arm strength, and the requisite knowledge to succeed. What limited him was inaccuracy and an apparent lack of on-field instincts.

Whatever work he put in did little to prevent him from being a sh*tty QB.

Any qb drafted into the nfl is going to have the general size and talent to be in the nfl in some capacity. But do you mean to tell me Dilfer had the same kind of natural talent that a Manning, Brady, Rogers, or Brees? I am sure they all work just as hard or harder than anybody, but at the end of the day there is a natural talent that seperates them. That was my point which was in reference to the Jets already having the right staff to get Sanchez on track, as Moore was great with Manning but Manning probably didn't need the technical mechanics help that Sanchez might to get over the hump.

Any qb drafted into the nfl is going to have the general size and talent to be in the nfl in some capacity. But do you mean to tell me Dilfer had the same kind of natural talent that a Manning, Brady, Rogers, or Brees? I am sure they all work just as hard or harder than anybody, but at the end of the day there is a natural talent that seperates them. That was my point which was in reference to the Jets already having the right staff to get Sanchez on track, as Moore was great with Manning but Manning probably didn't need the technical mechanics help that Sanchez might to get over the hump.

Manning is Manning, so take him out of the equation.

Brady was a 6th Rd pick who wasn't the starter until he was a junior at Michigan.

Rodgers didn't get a D1 scholarship offer out of High School

Brees is the shortest starting QB in the NFL.

Ignoring their relative success in the NFL, what makes those guys more of a natural talent than Trent Dilfer?

Manning is Manning, so take him out of the equation.

Brady was a 6th Rd pick who wasn't the starter until he was a junior at Michigan.

Rodgers didn't get a D1 scholarship offer out of High School

Brees is the shortest starting QB in the NFL.

Ignoring their relative success in the NFL, what makes those guys more of a natural talent than Trent Dilfer?

Taking Manning out of the equation goes against my point entirely, innate natural talent. Brady's draft order also has nothing to do with the natural ability he has shown, neither does Rodgers college scholership status. And Brees being the shortest QB proves my point, innate natural talent. In sports, just liek everything else in life, there are things that some people are just naturally better at. This is why no matter how hard he works, Curtis Painter will never be Payton Manning. So you ask what makes those guys more of a natural talent? How can that even be answered? I feel like sometimes people what to just argue everything or be contrarian to everyone else. Its like asking why one person has a higher iq, it's just the skills you are born being good at. I am not saying these guys don't work as hard, i am just saying they naturally start at a different baseline.

Taking Manning out of the equation goes against my point entirely, innate natural talent.

You're talking about a generational talent with an NFL pedrigree who was the #1 recruit in the country when coming out of high school. He's in a class of his own when it comes to "innate natural talent".

Brady's draft order also has nothing to do with the natural ability he has shown, neither does Rodgers college scholership status. And Brees being the shortest QB proves my point, innate natural talent. In sports, just liek everything else in life, there are things that some people are just naturally better at. This is why no matter how hard he works, Curtis Painter will never be Payton Manning.

None of those guys were as highly regarded by NFL scouts coming out of college as Dilfer. I don't see what point you're trying to make with Curtis Painter, as he was a 6th Rd pick and the 11th QB taken in that draft. Dilfer went 6th overall.

So you ask what makes those guys more of a natural talent? How can that even be answered?

You're the one who made the assertion... I was the one suggesting that it can't be answered.

it's just the skills you are born being good at. I am not saying these guys don't work as hard, i am just saying they naturally start at a different baseline.

You're making an argument based on career trajectories that have already been established. Of course Dilfer wasn't a good NFL QB, but my assertion stands that coming into the NFL, Dilfer had shown more than any of the guys you listed, save for Manning. I just don't see how their career paths prove that they had more natural ability.

You're talking about a generational talent with an NFL pedrigree who was the #1 recruit in the country when coming out of high school. He's in a class of his own when it comes to "innate natural talent".

None of those guys were as highly regarded by NFL scouts coming out of college as Dilfer. I don't see what point you're trying to make with Curtis Painter, as he was a 6th Rd pick and the 11th QB taken in that draft. Dilfer went 6th overall.

You're the one who made the assertion... I was the one suggesting that it can't be answered.

You're making an argument based on career trajectories that have already been established. Of course Dilfer wasn't a good NFL QB, but my assertion stands that coming into the NFL, Dilfer had shown more than any of the guys you listed, save for Manning. I just don't see how their career paths prove that they had more natural ability.

You just aren't grasping the point of my original post.

You just aren't grasping the point of my original post.

No, I think I'm grasping it fine, I just don't think that there's any validity to it.

You are assuming that Trent Dilfer had less God-given ability than the current crop of elite NFL QB's based on the fact that he had a career that was mediocre at best, no?

Unless you have some other evidence to support that assertion, I suppose we should also assume that Wayne Chrebet had more natural ability than Charles Rodgers since he had a markedly better NFL career.

Archived