Sanchez coming up on 1050 ESPN w/ Michael Kay

Mogglez

Rex was still predicting Play offs for next year today on the Kay show.

After hearing rex and Mike today I have NO doubt Schotty is back unless he gets a HC.

According to them he is the best thing since t!ts

I swear it's that kind of stuff that is going to drive me away finally from the last sport that I actaully give a crap about. I see this team as going downhill and the ultimate firing of another overmatched Jets head coach. What's gonna be the final nail in it for me is having to suffer through watching the Patriots or the Giants in another Super Bowl-if that happens then I'm done-I swear to God-that will tear it for me. Between Rex's loudmouth proclamations and what I think is about to happen in the next month...smh with a face palm

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For someone who for the first time in his life is happy for the season to be over...you sure are dialed in to everything happening in Jets land. ;-)

Oh I wasn't listening bro-why bother-I knew it was coming up and I could have very easily clicked the link and caught the whole thing live. After yesterday's fiasco I saw no need to bother since Rex and Tannenbaum assured us all that everything is just hunky dory and that Sanchez will be the starter and Brian Schottenheimer (who works SO hard) WILL be back. I guess I just have more important things to be concerned with these days than ruining my Sundays watching the Jets anymore and had we MADE the playoffs it would have just been one more week of the same old crap that we've been seeing since well all year. That's why I was kind of glad the season ended-we would have had to watch the Jets get killed for the 3rd time by New England this year-almost too much to deal with

Well, the thing with Dilfer is that he never had the god given talent that other nfl qbs had, so the guy had to work as hard as possible. He didn't have the natural talent to overcome any shortcomings in fundamentals, so working on his technical skills was very important. Maybe Sanchez needs that kind of mentor, someone who is going to obsess over all the little technical things he needs to do. Maybe the guys on the Jets staff aren't equipped to get that granular. Obviously Moore is great at what he does, but did he need to dissect a player like Payton Manning the way a guy like Dilfer would have needed to be dissected?

Nice post JoeBaby. Amazing use of the word granular. wow.

Sanchez has turned into Eric Mangini when it comes to interviews-Tannenbaum has ALWAYS been like that and Rex has now taken to citing statistics every PC and interview to try and convince himself and I guess his under achieving players and coordinators that they are doing a bang up job...I have better sh*t to do than listen to that crap anymore

If you don't like boring interviews (ala Mangini), you don't like fun interviews (ala Rex), then the question is: what kind of interviews do you like? And why are you listening in the first place if you know you're just going to whine about it no matter what they do or say?

It's well worded, but I think that 6'5" 250 lb Trent Dilfer, 6th pick overall in the draft had as much God given ability as anybody and he sucked a$$ as a QB.

Agreed in that we're not talking about David Eckstein here. The guy had prototypical size, adequate arm strength, and the requisite knowledge to succeed. What limited him was inaccuracy and an apparent lack of on-field instincts.

Whatever work he put in did little to prevent him from being a sh*tty QB.

If you don't like boring interviews (ala Mangini), you don't like fun interviews (ala Rex), then the question is: what kind of interviews do you like? And why are you listening in the first place if you know you're just going to whine about it no matter what they do or say?

I don't want to speak for SoFla, but I think we would like the kind of interviews that go after we win the Division? Or we win a home playoff game? or when we win the AFCCG and then finally the interview when we win the SB........just saying

I don't want to speak for SoFla, but I think we would like the kind of interviews that go after we win the Division? Or we win a home playoff game? or when we win the AFCCG and then finally the interview when we win the SB........just saying

exactly-it just sounds foolish to hear Rex Ryan talking about how he's going to win a Super Bowl minutes after losing to Miami and completing the biggest meltdown in a generation. The only year that I think comes close is the 1986 season where we started out 10-1 and then lost the final 5 games and won 1 playoff game before the Cleveland playoff loss. OK, maybe even that wasn't the best example because we DID make the playoffs-maybe it was Mangini's last year when we lost 4 out of the last 5 games-but in both of those seasons we had a LOT of injuries.

As for Sanchez and his vanilla, PC interviews he did take a lot of the blame with his: "I can't be doing thats" (and he would do the same thing the next game) and/or "we gotta clean this or that up" (and nothing ever got cleaned up), "oh yea, the copout "we have to look at the tape to see what went wrong there" (is almost like a politician's answer) and then to the always reliable "Schotty is doing a great job and it's NOT his fault" (well, you'd have to be blind or in complete denial to agree with that one).

Look, I love this team and you guys can say what you want about the kind of fan I am or have become but no one can question my love and devotion as a Jets fan. I've been a member of the message board community since the late 90's and every post I make is about what I see and what I want to see and how that can best be achieved.

exactly-it just sounds foolish to hear Rex Ryan talking about how he's going to win a Super Bowl minutes after losing to Miami and completing the biggest meltdown in a generation.

Did you completely just mentally block out 2008? We were 8-3, coming off victories over the Patriots and the 10-0 titans. We ended up 9-7 that year and missed the playoffs. I'd say that was a bigger meltdown than this year since we got drummed all year by any team with a winning record this year. In 2008 we thought we were the best team in the AFC at one point.

Also, you'll save yourself a lot of anguish if you realize that press conferences and radio interviews from a coach or GM is basically a Jets PR jerk-off session. Why would they ever say anything negative in public? The closest you'll get is a positive spin on a negative situation.

Not saying it's impossible, but I have to think it's improbable that Cavanaugh hasn't dissected his mechanics and made plenty of efforts to correct them. Mark Sanchez is his only job.

I think Cavanaugh is terrible at his job and Sanchez's performance this year is proof of that.

They say "practice makes perfect" but from my own experience that is woefully inaccurate. Perfect practice makes perfect. If you are practicing the wrong things you will only get good at being bad. I think its pretty clear we have a QB that's been practicing the wrong things. Based on the fact that his play has evolved over his three years its pretty safe to say the kid is coachable - teach him the right things and he'll improve.

I think Cavanaugh is terrible at his job and Sanchez's performance this year is proof of that.

They say "practice makes perfect" but from my own experience that is woefully inaccurate. Perfect practice makes perfect. If you are practicing the wrong things you will only get good at being bad. I think its pretty clear we have a QB that's been practicing the wrong things. Based on the fact that his play has evolved over his three years its pretty safe to say the kid is coachable - teach him the right things and he'll improve.

That only works if he's capable of improving, if he's putting in true effort and not merely showing up, and that anything taught is getting absorbed.

Using your logic the only difference between Aaron Rodgers and Kellen Clemens was that Rodgers had better coaching.

That only works if he's capable of improving, if he's putting in true effort and not merely showing up, and that anything taught is getting absorbed.

Using your logic the only difference between Aaron Rodgers and Kellen Clemens was that Rodgers had better coaching.

Not really. There are thousands of variables. I don't think Clemens is as gifted physically or mentally as Aaron Rodgers.

Whether or not Sanchez will improve obviously remains to be seen. But, for the 1000th time, he ain't going nowhere so it makes sense to try a different QB coach and/or coordinator rather than continue doing what's clearly not currently working.

As long as Sanchez is the Jets QB, I'm going to root for him to get better because that will make my experience as a fan of this team more pleasurable. Bitching and moaning over something I have literally no control over is counterproductive and will shorten my life.

Read my response to Sperm.

You stated, unequivocally, that Sanchez's performance proved Cavanaugh was terrible at his job.

Maybe Cavanaugh does suck, but it's just as likely that Sanchez is beyond help from even the greatest QB coach on the planet (a title that would be nearly impossible to quantify by the way).

You stated, unequivocally, that Sanchez's performance proved Cavanaugh was terrible at his job.

Maybe Cavanaugh does suck, but it's just as likely that Sanchez is beyond help from even the greatest QB coach on the planet (a title that would be nearly impossible to quantify by the way).

Mike Holmgren was the greatest QB coach in history - Montana, Young, Favre - he even got Matt Hasselback to lead a team to a SB. Other Favre back ups who were tutored by Holmgren, if even for a short time include Mark Brunell (got the Jags to two AFC title games) and Kurt Warner.

Not really. There are thousands of variables. I don't think Clemens is as gifted physically or mentally as Aaron Rodgers.

Whether or not Sanchez will improve obviously remains to be seen. But, for the 1000th time, he ain't going nowhere so it makes sense to try a different QB coach and/or coordinator rather than continue doing what's clearly not currently working.

As long as Sanchez is the Jets QB, I'm going to root for him to get better because that will make my experience as a fan of this team more pleasurable. Bitching and moaning over something I have literally no control over is counterproductive and will shorten my life.

I don't know that he's less physically gifted than Sanchez though. He certainly has a stronger arm and had a hell of a lot less to work with here than Sanchez has and has had, and was given a lot less actual game-time to **** up. If he didn't break his leg and came out with Sanchez instead of coming out the same year as Leinart & Young & Cutler there may not have been much of a pre-draft difference between the two. And Clemens sucks.

You sure do a lot of bitching and moaning over it for someone who feels it's counterproductive. You do it the same amount as those you're critical of but just bitch and moan from the opposite point of view. Bitch.

I don't know that he's less physically gifted than Sanchez though. He certainly has a stronger arm and had a hell of a lot less to work with here than Sanchez has and has had, and was given a lot less actual game-time to **** up. If he didn't break his leg and came out with Sanchez instead of coming out the same year as Leinart & Young & Cutler there may not have been much of a pre-draft difference between the two. And Clemens sucks.

You sure do a lot of bitching and moaning over it for someone who feels it's counterproductive. You do it the same amount as those you're critical of but just bitch and moan from the opposite point of view. Bitch.

Nuh uh.

Agreed in that we're not talking about David Eckstein here. The guy had prototypical size, adequate arm strength, and the requisite knowledge to succeed. What limited him was inaccuracy and an apparent lack of on-field instincts.

Whatever work he put in did little to prevent him from being a sh*tty QB.

I don't have any recollection of Dilfer as a prospect. Did some homework, though, but I never got as far as all this. Take a wild guess why.

2008 and the year of Groh (2000) were worse.

I don't know JH-not only did this year's team fall apart record-wise but it also fell apart with in-fighting and people talking about each other unlike anything I think I'd ever seen from this team-and Jets Voice of Reason, I did mention the Favre collapse

Mike Holmgren was the greatest QB coach in history - Montana, Young, Favre - he even got Matt Hasselback to lead a team to a SB. Other Favre back ups who were tutored by Holmgren, if even for a short time include Mark Brunell (got the Jags to two AFC title games) and Kurt Warner.

Or perhaps, like Phil Jackson, Holmgren always got to work with elite talent.

I guess Brock Huard and Seneca Wallace were completely uncoachable?

I don't have any recollection of Dilfer as a prospect.

I remember him, despite putting up good completion percentages against the fearsome WAC defenses, having accuracy issues at the combine that allowed Shuler to leapfrog him as the top QB prospect heading into the draft.

The comment on instincts comes from him apparently knowing the game on film, but not being able to actually implement it on the field.

I remember him, despite putting up good completion percentages against the fearsome WAC defenses, having accuracy issues at the combine that allowed Shuler to leapfrog him as the top QB prospect heading into the draft.

The comment on instincts comes from him apparently knowing the game on film, but not being able to actually implement it on the field.

If you remembered he was a junior you wouldn't be wasting time with all these words.

exactly-it just sounds foolish to hear Rex Ryan talking about how he's going to win a Super Bowl minutes after losing to Miami and completing the biggest meltdown in a generation. The only year that I think comes close is the 1986 season where we started out 10-1 and then lost the final 5 games and won 1 playoff game before the Cleveland playoff loss. OK, maybe even that wasn't the best example because we DID make the playoffs-maybe it was Mangini's last year when we lost 4 out of the last 5 games-but in both of those seasons we had a LOT of injuries.

As for Sanchez and his vanilla, PC interviews he did take a lot of the blame with his: "I can't be doing thats" (and he would do the same thing the next game) and/or "we gotta clean this or that up" (and nothing ever got cleaned up), "oh yea, the copout "we have to look at the tape to see what went wrong there" (is almost like a politician's answer) and then to the always reliable "Schotty is doing a great job and it's NOT his fault" (well, you'd have to be blind or in complete denial to agree with that one).

Look, I love this team and you guys can say what you want about the kind of fan I am or have become but no one can question my love and devotion as a Jets fan. I've been a member of the message board community since the late 90's and every post I make is about what I see and what I want to see and how that can best be achieved.

Right on.....people don't really realize that our team this year should have been much better, not worse. Given that and having said that, our team, our players are what they are. The coaches and the FO should have known exactly what to expect after the very first game. Remember we were 2-0, the we played the Raiders, and blew a 17-7 lead. The adjustments on both sides of the ball were never made. The team was pushing Sanchez to do more and more to keep up with the likes of a now pass happy NFL that it forgot that Sanchez is not ready to do that with a water-downed OL...who's fault is that? Sanchez? No, the Oline? No...coaching and FO at fault? Yes!......Granted Sanchez sh*t the bed numerous times but that's because the kid was trying way to hard and thinking way to much and then got gun shy...I mean its painfully obvious, and we all should have saw the break in the offense when Holmes and a couple of others went to complain to Rex back in week 3, 4 or 5.

This all snowballed and got out of control, and if Rex would have done a better job of being a HC rather than a freakin cheerleader maybe our season would have been salvaged.

Am I saying lets fire Rex...NO....Am I saying lets trade or cut Sanchez...NO...but what I am saying is that the team needs to get back to what made it successful. Make your QB that you have NOW succeed by taking advantage of what he does best, and not push for him to throw 59 times.

We are Jets fans for life, we have seen alot and will probably see alot more. But Rex needs to coach and be a leader, not some cheerleader and needs to take his team to task.......ist not about Rex and its not about his ego, its about the team...our Jets....

Archived