Rex scoffs at the notion the locker room isn't fixable

Pac

You have a point about time to cool off, I for one have not cooled off because this ****en guy does not shut up!....I supported Rex and I supported Sanchez. Both have this season to fix it or they should both get the **** outta here.....

I don't think Rex sought out that interview.. what's he supposed to do when a guy walks up and puts a mic in his face?

I don't think Rex sought out that interview.. what's he supposed to do when a guy walks up and puts a mic in his face?

Don't you know? He's supposed to say one of the following:

"No comment. I'm changing my persona and Coach Mangini is even giving me charisma lessons this offseason."

"I'm a failure who is in over his head and should be fired."

"I don't really think we're going to win anything because the team sucks. Don't tell anyone please."

It's all a bunch of nothing. I'm sure there are a couple of players who don't care for it, but there are dozens of players who really don't care for Coughlin (even this supposedly kinder, gentler version). I think the majority of the players like Rex just fine the way he is. Now if he was, under that exterior, an X's and O's boob like Herm then I don't think that would be the case. Well, he's not an X's boob in any case.

A bad QB is damn hard to overcome even for a good, experienced HC. I think Rex is fine here even with all his blustering, to the extent that he doesn't stick with Sanchez over a backup no matter how badly he's playing.

Forget about "motivating" him to play better. That's a bunch of silliness. To hear testimony of Jets from Rex down to Mangold, Sanchez doesn't have a motivation problem where he's not working as hard as he should. He should have competition (a serious grown-up's idea of competition) because his play has not earned him a no-competition job.

Now if that happens and this competition is close then I'm sure Sanchez will get the benefit of the doubt, and that's understandable. Of course if it's that close I'd question the seriousness of who they brought in, but I digress. If he's struggling and the team is rekindling the vibes of disharmony, and Rex sticks with him anyway (if he truly has the power to make that move) then he would have to go.

Personally I think he talked up Sanchez so much because it's his style (as he's done it with others like Gholston) and because there really wasn't another option on the roster anyway.

Ok and I agree....

I also see your point...I guess you can say I have not cooled down.......once the super bowl is over and done with then I will cool down.....

Again, I guess I'll the contrarian here and say that the Jets' locker room isn't as much of a mess as people are saying. Yes, it can use some veteran leadership. LT said that, but shouldn't he have been the veteran leader? Anyway, I think what we saw at the very end of the season was frustration over a season that didn't go as planned; an ultra-conservative offensive philosophy that didn't take advantage of the team's best weapons; a QB that didn't progress as much as we were hoping for, and injuries. I think also that much of the players' resentment against Sanchez stemmed from the fact that Sanchez believed in Brian Schottenheimer's ssytem, adn they did not. As far as the locker room grudges go, I still believe Bill Parcells' philosophy: "winning solves everything." The team is made up of 52 players, and not all of them are going to personally like each other. That's okay. Once they start winning, all of those problems go away.

Also, the Jets were 8-8 last year as we all know. They weren't 7-9, 6-10 or 5-11. So this yearm, they're starting off with a .500 record platform. That's not a bad starting off point, as we won't be starting from from scratch. A better OL and the addition of another MLB (and a CB wouldn't be that bad either to replace the terribly inconsistent Antoinio Cromartie) should bring some more wins and will most likely solve all of that. Also, to echo what everyone here has said, they need to get rid of Holmes. You do those things and start winning, and the Jets will be one big, happy family once again.

Again, I guess I'll the contrarian here and say that the Jets' locker room isn't as much of a mess as people are saying. Yes, it can use some veteran leadership. LT said that, but shouldn't he have been the veteran leader? Anyway, I think what we saw at the very end of the season was frustration over a season that didn't go as planned; an ultra-conservative offensive philosophy that didn't take advantage of the team's best weapons; a QB that didn't progress as much as we were hoping for, and injuries. I think also that much of the players' resentment against Sanchez stemmed from the fact that Sanchez believed in Brian Schottenheimer's ssytem, adn they did not. As far as the locker room grudges go, I still believe Bill Parcells' philosophy: "winning solves everything." The team is made up of 52 players, and not all of them are going to personally like each other. That's okay. Once they start winning, all of those problems go away.

I think LT was talking more about young leadership. Who amongst Revis, D'Brick, Mangold (who is definitely stepping it up this offseason), Harris...the guys who are both veterans and still young...do you consider a leader? The leaders in the locker room are guys like Pouha, Moore, and LT...elder statesmen...

That said, I think this team is an easy fix...grab a RT, grab a safety or two, grab a couple WRs, someone to scare Sanchez, probably a TE, and probably a LB talent or two. Oh, and maybe some coach involved with the QB...That's not too hard.

Archived