Six Lessons Jets Can Learn From Super Bowl

flgreen

One more FACT:

Yes, i did watch the Jet/ Dolphin game. The Dolphins executed a 21 play, 94 yard drive, that took 12 minutes off of the clock. This drive was BEFORE Sanchez started throwing passes to 300 pound linemen, so your argument that the Jet defense was on the field for a long time due to interceptions is 100% inaccurate. Long drive took place, THEN two interceptions which resulted in two field goals.

Such a powerful defense allowed a 21 play TD drive to a 6-10 team further proves my point. 5th ranked or 27th ranked does not matter. FINISH- that is what wins championships. The Giants did, and the Jets did not.

And your comment about the Giants not having injuries makes you appear to be clueless. Either you are 15 or a delusional homer.

Alright you're going astray here. The Jets gave up six points for the first three quarters of the game.

Tell me what injuries did the Giants have during the Championship game and the Super Bowl? List them and I'll shut up forever.

One more FACT:

Yes, i did watch the Jet/ Dolphin game. The Dolphins executed a 21 play, 94 yard drive, that took 12 minutes off of the clock. This drive was BEFORE Sanchez started throwing passes to 300 pound linemen, so your argument that the Jet defense was on the field for a long time due to interceptions is 100% inaccurate. Long drive took place, THEN two interceptions which resulted in two field goals.

Such a powerful defense allowed a 21 play TD drive to a 6-10 team further proves my point. 5th ranked or 27th ranked does not matter. FINISH- that is what wins championships. The Giants did, and the Jets did not.

And your comment about the Giants not having injuries

makes you appear to be clueless. Either you are 15 or a delusional homer.

One drive that accounted for 45 percent of the Dolphins total offense for the game is your idea of our defense being ripped to shreds huh?

Tom Brady completed SIXTEEN passes IN A ROW against your defense. You were HORRIBLE.

Overall, the Jets D was better than the Giants D this year and that has been the case since Rex arrived. The main difference, however, is that the Giants' D has an uber important quality--the pass rush.

The Giants' D gets torched when they can't get to the QB. WRs are running free every play. Just watch the games. But the pressure put on the QB mitigates against that.

Overall, the Jets D was better than the Giants D this year and that has been the case since Rex arrived. The main difference, however, is that the Giants' D has an uber important quality--the pass rush.

The Giants' D gets torched when they can't get to the QB. WRs are running free every play. Just watch the games. But the pressure put on the QB mitigates against that.

At least there's one Giants fan in this thread that has some sense of reality.

Alright you're going astray here. The Jets gave up six points for the first three quarters of the game.

Tell me what injuries did the Giants have during the Championship game and the Super Bowl? List them and I'll shut up forever.

Giants lost BOTH Tight Ends in the Super Bowl- ACL injuries.

Trent differ won a super bowl, I guess he was elite, I swear analysts and reporters are so fn stupid

Of course, the Ravens had the kind of D that year that made other teams pee in their pants. But the rules no longer give Ds that much leeway. I wonder if a Trent Dilfer type could lead a team to the SB now?

At least there's one Giants fan in this thread that has some sense of reality.

Thank you. :D

I really have no clue why some of my fellow Giant fans are claiming that Big Blue's 2011 D was better than Gang Green's. By every metric, the Jets D was better.

Jets D was 2nd in Def. DVOA, Giants were 20th. Jets D was 3rd in Weighted Def. DVOA, Giants were 22nd.

Jets D was 5th in Total Defense and 20th in Scoring Defense, while Giants were 27th in Total Defense and 25th in Scoring Defense

Jets were 5th in Passing Defense and 13th in Rush Defense while the Giants were 29th in Passing Defense and 19th in Rush Defense.

Why are you guys having this silly argument?

Archived