Dolphins released Yeremiah Bell SS

Integrity28

Dolphins released SS Yeremiah Bell.

Bell was a Dolphins starter for the past six years. Though still an effective run-stopping "box" safety, Bell's cover skills have diminished at age 34. His release clears $4.3 million in salary off the books, and saves over $4 million under the cap. Bell may get a look in Atlanta from former defensive coordinator Mike Nolan, perhaps as competition for William Moore. The Dolphins could consider playing Richard Marshall at free safety and Reshad Jones at strong safety, although this is a position they'll almost certainly address in April's draft.

Obviously waited until we filled that role with Landry.

I'd still bring him in as depth. Bell + Landry keeps us from having to address SS in the draft until next year.

Eric Smith for a 6th round pick?

Sign Terrence Newman, or Otagwe at FS.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah.... Bwahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha....Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah.... BwahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaBwahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah.... Bwahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha.

What's so funny about that? I would totally be fine with the Jets giving another team their 6th round pick to take Smith off their hands.

Both smith and bell suck in coverage but can tackle and play in the box and smith is better at it and hits harder. I'll take smith over bell all day, he's better, younger and cheaper.

How about neither? It's kind of like debating which pile of sh*t smells worse, regardless of the answer, you'd rather not have to smell either one.

Archived