Bama Pro Day

bLguerriero1

he fits into a 34 defense in the same way as Jarrett Johnson or Bryan Thomas. He may not be able to cover like thomas, but he's probably a better pass rusher, and as hard as it seems, better at the POA.

Yep, a bit heavy footed but he can smash with the best of them. I don't see him getting too many sacks 1 on 1 off the edge but if you put him in a system like Rex's he'll get his on many a blitz package. Agree he'll be beastly at POA. But again, not meaning to just repeat myself but, he's just not going to scare anyone coming off the edge imo and he'll be a liability in coverage.

He's not my first choice at 16, nor my 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7th...but it's not like I'm gonna hate on the pick...just won't be convinced til I see it.

Not big on safety in the first but I would rather Barron than Upshaw at this point.

Yep, a bit heavy footed but he can smash with the best of them. I don't see him getting too many sacks 1 on 1 off the edge but if you put him in a system like Rex's he'll get his on many a blitz package. Agree he'll be beastly at POA. But again, not meaning to just repeat myself but, he's just not going to scare anyone coming off the edge imo and he'll be a liability in coverage.

He's not my first choice at 16, nor my 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7th...but it's not like I'm gonna hate on the pick...just won't be convinced til I see it.

Not big on safety in the first but I would rather Barron than Upshaw at this point.

i think he's a perennial 6-8+ sack guy potentially.

to me barron = upshaw. its a wash. altho barron is likely to see more time on the field as a rookie and in general. 3-down guy vs upshaw who may not be on the field for 3rd downs consistently.

I'm with this. The Jets have shown that they'll be stout enough regardless of who's at OLB. They need to take a shot on a few playmakers who will drop the QB or pick off passes, even if it's at the expense of a few rushing yards against.

Except for the part about Upshaw being a liability in coverage, this sounds like a really solid choice for Rex and the Jets. I believe thst stoutness at the POA is more important to Rex than pure pass rush ability. Setting the edge is so critical to the Jets defensive scheme.

Archived