Jets recently worked out Marcus McNeill

Jetfan13

The Jets have been working on solving their issues at right tackle.  Of course today they demoted Wayne Hunter and promoted Austin Howard as their starter.  But the Jets may not be done trying to resolve this weak spot.

Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com reports the team recently worked out former Chargers tackle Marcus McNeill who announced his retirement on August 9th.

Could be wrong though. Pretty sure that's what has been reported. Dude's back has been sh*tty since college, he easily had multiple probowl type talent.

Degenerative disorder. I think spinal stenosis. He was better than Brick his rookie year, if memory serves, but teams knew he was a short-timer in the league.

Degenerative disorder. I think spinal stenosis. He was better than Brick his rookie year, if memory serves, but teams knew he was a short-timer in the league.

We should be fair to Bit. He stands up for "his guys" well beyond reality, but he was saying this about McNeill before the daft and it's one of the reasons Brick is one of his guys. He (at least draftdaddy.com) also had a thing about Austin Howard being a small school sleeper. I'm not saying Howard is going to be anything good, but to mention an UDFA who has started games and is iin the league after 3 years is decent.

Archived