Jets Sign WR Arukwe To Practice Squad, Release WR Pollard

JetNation

Interesting. I like Pollard, but thought he was hurt. Arukwe was with them earlier, but cut. He was a track guy that only played one year at Troy and had like 12 catches. I think 4 came against Arkansas. Guy can flat fly. Supposedly ran a 4.19. If Lal is actually able to develop WRs this is some nice clay to shape. Guy has to be raw as hell.

Look at the scouts on the right giggling.

4.19 40??? Is he the fastest man alive or a Porsche?

I read that the wind was at his back and the times recorded were 4.19 - 4.25. I think the reason the guys are laughing is because one of them says something like "we can say he's got 4.5 speed". He signed with the Cards early and was cut and picked up by the Jets and then cut a few weeks later. He was one of the additions when they had all the injuries and then let loose in the first round of cuts at the end of August. He is a legit track and field guy. Perfect guy for practice squad, raw but tons of upside. Here is his track profile. Times are probably more legit since they should be using electronic timers.

http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=1808953

Could you imagine the life of these practice squad bubble type players who get cut, signed, cut, activated, waived... over and over again.

Anyone know what kind of coin this guys pull in? Like, what is a typical practice squad salary?

The minimum is $5.7k / week (there is no max). So while I have no doubt dealing with those circumstances have to suck, I'm sure they'll manage to live through it all pulling in that kind of coin to practice a game.

Could you imagine the life of these practice squad bubble type players who get cut, signed, cut, activated, waived... over and over again.

Anyone know what kind of coin this guys pull in? Like, what is a typical practice squad salary?

First you need to decipher Tanny's color code chart.

The minimum is $5.7k / week (there is no max). So while I have no doubt dealing with those circumstances have to suck, I'm sure they'll manage to live through it all pulling in that kind of coin to practice a game.

No sh*t? Never mind, I feel no sorrow for these dudes anymore. lol

Ha, exactly. Here's an interesting article on the matter actually: http://www.nfl.com/n...-practice-squad

Jets are paying Hayden Smith $6,875 / week.

Wow. Thanks for this article.

I will never feel sorry for these dudes again. Homey for the Vikings making 6 figures playing practice squad Football for 17 weeks? Jeez.

Archived