James Harrison won't play

Lego My Lageman

I thought he tweeted he'll play?

Unless he has another account, he hasn't posted anything but 9/11 wishes this week.

7 Sep image_normal.jpgJames Harrison@jharrison9292

Didn't make practice today, looks like it will be a game time decision.

6 Sep image_normal.jpgJames Harrison@jharrison9292

I will be practicing tomorrow and have a better ideal if I'll be ready to go on Sunday night.

Report: Steelers LB James Harrison will not play Sunday

At noon Thursday, Steelers linebacker James Harrison said, "I'm great, I'm full go, I'm playing on Sunday. Run it." He added, "I've been known to lie," Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

And then Harrison did not run at all and did not step foot on the practice field. He missed his fourth consecutive practice sandwiched around a missed season opener.

Instead of full-go, Harrison looks like a no-go again Sunday when the Steelers play the New York Jets at Heinz Field. And it's possible the No. 1 defense from last season will face the No. 1 scoring offense after the first week of this season without two former NFL defensive players of the year.

The latest is that if he is unable to practice today then he won't play. Troy's status, according to my Pittsburg friend is also 50/50. They know they have divisional games (Baltimore) that wil probably weigh more on them than this game. The ravens played extremely well on the O and combine that with a spirited D, well, the Steelers need to get all their guys ready for those games. They don't want to start 0-2 but they wont endanger the rest of the season for Palomalu and Harrison by starting them when they are not fit to play.

Archived