Did I miss.......and RB situation part 2.

Section 333

.............anybody talking about the fact that when Sanchez came back in it was 2nd and 16?

I know the general consensus here on JN is Pro-Tebow. This to me was unacceptable. There aren't too many plays in the playbook for 2nd and 16. That was a big moment in the game. Basically doing this negates the 22 yard run by Tebow, and the Mcknight 12 yard run.

Is the Pro-Tebow theme here the reason that nobody mentioned it? Or did I miss it? So he gave us a spark with his run. Then he was keyed on for a nice Mcknight run. That should have been it. He cant throw, so the D already knows whats coming and are ready to blast Greene for a 6 yard loss. When Greene came in didn't everyone know what was coming? Im not bashing Tebow on this, just bashing the use of Tebow.

I do not think they will be able to find a good mix on the use of Tebow. In Denver he was the starter, not being sprinkled in. But now im done with the Tebow sh*t, because i am going off my own 2 topics.

On to the RB's. Anyone who said Greene and the RB situation was ample got something to say now? This RB situation has me nauseous. Before Greene went out he had rushed for 2.1 YPC. If you take out Powell's 10 yard run, then he ran for under 3 YPC.

The reason we lost this game is the performance on 3rd down. Anyone here recognize the reason for this? It is pretty simple, most of those 3rd downs were 3rd and long. Why? Because WE CANT RUN THE DAM BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put none of this on the D. The offense couldn't stay on the field. Time of Possession was 37-23. At the end of the game the D was tired. Worn out. And couldn't finish tackles.

There were big issues with the WR's. Could not create space, and more importantly could not catch the ball. But I say the issues with the WR's are on the Running game. We are always put in obvious passing situations. Because of the lack of a running game, it is very hard to call plays.

Go ahead Shonne Green and Tim Tebow Deep throaters, tee off on me, Im ready. But regardless of what you all say, the running game is a BIG problem.

.............anybody talking about the fact that when Sanchez came back in it was 2nd and 16?

Is this the first time that a team has been in a 2nd and 16 situation?

I know the general consensus here on JN is Pro-Tebow. This to me was unacceptable. There aren't too many plays in the playbook for 2nd and 16. That was a big moment in the game. Basically doing this negates the 22 yard run by Tebow, and the Mcknight 12 yard run.

There are plenty of plays in the playbook for 2nd and 16 because you have another down remaining.

22+12=34. How does losing 6 yards negate the other 28 they gained? And you realize that Greene lost those yards and it very well could have been Sanchez handing the ball off to him on that play, right?

Is the Pro-Tebow theme here the reason that nobody mentioned it? Or did I miss it? So he gave us a spark with his run. Then he was keyed on for a nice Mcknight run. That should have been it. He cant throw, so the D already knows whats coming and are ready to blast Greene for a 6 yard loss. When Greene came in didn't everyone know what was coming? Im not bashing Tebow on this, just bashing the use of Tebow.

Ummmm, Tebow can throw and the Steelers learned this first hand in the playoffs last year when he threw for 300 yards, 2 TD and 0 INT's.

I do not think they will be able to find a good mix on the use of Tebow. In Denver he was the starter, not being sprinkled in. But now im done with the Tebow sh*t, because i am going off my own 2 topics.

2 games brah, 2 games.

On to the RB's. Anyone who said Greene and the RB situation was ample got something to say now? This RB situation has me nauseous. Before Greene went out he had rushed for 2.1 YPC. If you take out Powell's 10 yard run, then he ran for under 3 YPC.

If you really want to nitpick, technically the Jets average 4.1 ypc vs. a stout Steelers D. Doesnt really matter how it happened. It would be no different if Greene ran for 3 yards 5 times and then reeled off a 20 yarder. Either way, nobody runs the ball well vs. the Steelers so I'm not worried. The Broncos only ran for 3.5 vs them.

The reason we lost this game is the performance on 3rd down. Anyone here recognize the reason for this? It is pretty simple, most of those 3rd downs were 3rd and long. Why? Because WE CANT RUN THE DAM BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

How were we running the ball when the Jets scored on their first 2 possessions?

I put none of this on the D. The offense couldn't stay on the field. Time of Possession was 37-23. At the end of the game the D was tired. Worn out. And couldn't finish tackles.

Agreed. I was encouraged by how well the blitzes worked too. Big Ben is just a beast.

There were big issues with the WR's. Could not create space, and more importantly could not catch the ball. But I say the issues with the WR's are on the Running game. We are always put in obvious passing situations. Because of the lack of a running game, it is very hard to call plays.

Not sure why its the running games' fault our WR's cant hold onto the ball.

Go ahead Shonne Green and Tim Tebow Deep throaters, tee off on me, Im ready. But regardless of what you all say, the running game is a BIG problem.

I dont think its time to hit the panic button yet...

Good points in your response JIF. The reason I say the loss of 6 negated is because id prefer to be pushed back 18 yards and get my 1st and 10 back. I think you would agree. Im not really panicking and you are right I tend to nitpick. I also expected a loss anyway. I really do hate this group of backs though. And a nice game yardage wise against Miami will not change that.

Good points in your response JIF. The reason I say the loss of 6 negated is because id prefer to be pushed back 18 yards and get my 1st and 10 back. I think you would agree. Im not really panicking and you are right I tend to nitpick. I also expected a loss anyway. I really do hate this group of backs though. And a nice game yardage wise against Miami will not change that.

So a good game vs. the Dolphags running the ball wont change your opinion but a bad game running vs. the Steelers will? There is no pleasing you.

Greene is a bore. I dont think he's great, but I think he's good enough. I like Powell and would like to see more from him and eventually unseat Greene.

So a good game vs. the Dolphags running the ball wont change your opinion but a bad game running vs. the Steelers will? There is no pleasing you.

Greene is a bore. I dont think he's great, but I think he's good enough. I like Powell and would like to see more from him and eventually unseat Greene.

Not at all. I was blasting Greene and the entire backfield after the Bills game. And last year as well. Has nothing to do with the Steeler game. Greene can be put in to protect a lead. He can score on the GL. And thats it.

There may be no pleasing me, but it seems like it is pretty easy to please you huh? Looks like we are on the opposite side of the spectrum. What exactly have you seen from Powell that constitutes you liking him. Sure I would like to see less Greene, and would like to see more Powell but come on to say you like him is a bit silly.

Not at all. I was blasting Greene and the entire backfield after the Bills game. And last year as well. Has nothing to do with the Steeler game. Greene can be put in to protect a lead. He can score on the GL. And thats it.

Oh yeah, this is true. You're consistent. I personally tend not to get all up in arms about something minor when the team scored 48pts in a game...but you definitely did start a RB bashing thread after week 1.

Again, I'll reserve judgement. Its week 2.

Were you blasting Curtis Martin for his hall of fame career of putting up numbers very similar to what Greene did in 2011?

There may be no pleasing me, but it seems like it is pretty easy to please you huh? Looks like we are on the opposite side of the spectrum. What exactly have you seen from Powell that constitutes you liking him. Sure I would like to see less Greene, and would like to see more Powell but come on to say you like him is a bit silly.

Why is it silly? From what I've seen it looks like he's got potential. Got good speed, a nice burst when he see's day light, he's got wiggle, he seems to be able to fight for the extra yard, he can catch, and he picked up the blitz very well. I think he might be the best RB on the team, which might not be saying much but it is what it is.

I'm not easy to please, I'm just realistic. I dont talk in extreme's like most fans. I'm level headed and give an analysis void of emotion.

Were you blasting Curtis Martin for his hall of fame career of putting up numbers very similar to what Greene did in 2011?

I really do not want to respond to such a silly comment but here goes. Let me know when Greene runs for 1700 yards and 12 TD's. Greene doesnt even have 12 TD's for his career.

Why is it silly? From what I've seen it looks like he's got potential. Got good speed, a nice burst when he see's day light, he's got wiggle, he seems to be able to fight for the extra yard, he can catch, and he picked up the blitz very well. I think he might be the best RB on the team, which might not be saying much but it is what it is.

I'm not easy to please, I'm just realistic. I dont talk in extreme's like most fans. I'm level headed and give an analysis void of emotion.

Well I sure hope you are right on Powell. I will admit I at times wish my head was a bit more level.

I thought JIF and I were the only ones that liked Tebow.

As long as he can help us win, everyone will like Tebow, but i think this perception that we are a pro-tebow website comes from the fact that many of us are trying to be realistic, realize and admit that Mark may not be the one that can take us where we need to go.

As long as he can help us win, everyone will like Tebow, but i think this perception that we are a pro-tebow website comes from the fact that many of us are trying to be realistic, realize and admit that Mark may not be the one that can take us where we need to go.

Trying to be realistic? They may try, but they aren't succeeding.

I look at it like this. If I have to choose between 2 QBs that are going to have seven 3-and-out's per game and 20 INTs, then I'm choosing Tebow because in my mind I picture him doing what we need, when he IS playing well, to complement Rex's defense and guiding this team to 9-10 wins.

I look at it like this. If I have to choose between 2 QBs that are going to have seven 3-and-out's per game and 20 INTs, then I'm choosing Tebow because in my mind I picture him doing what we need, when he IS playing well, to complement Rex's defense and guiding this team to 9-10 wins.

That's the way we need to look at it. Who is going to help us win. Because in the end that's all we as fans want

Many? There's like 2, maybe 3. The rest are typical knee jerk fans.

lol - just look at the main board. The season isnt going to be fun because we dont use Tebow enough. The Jets are soft. The running game is the reason why WR's drop passes. Isiah Trufant is the reason we lost. Rex cant coach defense. lmfao

This board is filled with a bunch of knee jerk extremist crazies and I love it.

Many? There's like 2, maybe 3. The rest are typical knee jerk fans.

lol - just look at the main board. The season isnt going to be fun because we dont use Tebow enough. The Jets are soft. The running game is the reason why WR's drop passes. Isiah Trufant is the reason we lost. Rex cant coach defense. lmfao

This board is filled with a bunch of knee jerk extremist crazies and I love it.

I'm done in this thread I just realized the OPs reason is that we got on him for booing tebow last week. That has nothing to do with my theory. Good day sir

*leaves thread feeling like and idiot. Heads to the chatroom where he feels safe

Archived