How Is Braylon?

kelticwizard

Braylon's major advantage was that he was big and could outwrestle the CB, plus he could run past the coverage often.  Does anyone know if he has any speed left?

In three games he had 125 yards receiving.  Not bad for a guy who returned cold to a team whose passing game was a mess.

Holmes and Braylon were actually an effective WR combo a couple of years back.  In all this search for a WR, what are the chances that this guy will get the chance to come back-or does he no longer have the ability to get open deep? 

It all depends on the injury he is suffering. Is it something he can recover from and gain his speed and form when he last played for us in 2010 OR is it something that permanently makes him slower and very unlikely to last a 16 game season.

He still can be useful and I will pick him over Clyde Gates/Pollard.

Get younger and more upside. Braylon is neither of those.

We did get younger. We have a WR called Stephen Hill. He is younger and has more upside.

But going in to the season no one knows if this is the year he gets over the hump so to say. Won't it be nice to have someone who can fill in for one season if Hill still sucks!

JetsFanInDenver, on 18 Mar 2013 - 14:27, said:

We did get younger. We have a WR called Stephen Hill. He is younger and has more upside.

But going in to the season no one knows if this is the year he gets over the hump so to say. Won't it be nice to have someone who can fill in for one season if Hill still sucks!

Hill is already here. That doesn't mean they can't bring in more young guys with upside.

If he's healthy, sign him already. He plays better for us than any other team, he's the perfect fit here. Yes, we should look to bring in some youth but we need depth badly at WR. Edwards, Holmes, Kerley, Hill, and a 2nd round pick could be a solid group with a bit of depth.

If he's healthy, sign him already. He plays better for us than any other team, he's the perfect fit here. Yes, we should look to bring in some youth but we need depth badly at WR. Edwards, Holmes, Kerley, Hill, and a 2nd round pick could be a solid group with a bit of depth.

rather us go TE with the 2nd round if we are going to go receiver but I would rather not see Clyde Gates in green and white, I dont care how cheap his salary would be.

Bring 'em all in and cut guys that the board thinks are locks. That is my philosophy.  That being said, I don't see the rush in signing Edwards.  He sat around unsigned for ages.  Like Bryan Thomas we are close to their last refuge.  Admittedly I thought the same about Yeremiah Bell, but honestly, if they sign elsewhere who gives a flying ****?

To me resigning Braylon is a no brainer.  Unless they know something about his knee that we don’t.

Edwards want’s to play for the Jets in the worst way, is probably available for vets min.  Think he is still 29, turns 30 sometime this year.

Fits all the prerequisites  of the Jets FA this season.   Injured, cheap, was talented, desperate.

Get er done Tann……..opps, Izzy 

Idzik was a part of the Seattle front office that parted ways with Braylon late in the season.  Braylon comes here and is a minor contributor who would like to fill a role the Jets currently have. 

How this turns out should be fascinating. 

Idzik was a part of the Seattle front office that parted ways with Braylon late in the season.  Braylon comes here and is a minor contributor who would like to fill a role the Jets currently have. 

How this turns out should be fascinating. 

Ah yes, I forgot about that.

Hope Idzzy doesn’t hold a grudge  

Archived