We did well considering who was there

hotcoles87

Wilson was terrible last year and the Jets still had one of the best  pass D's in the NFL and if you're taking a guard in the 2nd thats yet another pick you aren't using on other positions where they are terrible.

That is the most BS stat there is....I mean can you seriously with a strait face say that you were ok with Wilson being our starting cb all season?????? or hey how bout this one...maybe the cb we woulda scooped in the 5th round was gonna be our starter and maybe our pass def would be #1 next year....apparently there is some guys who get paid a lot more money than you and I combined and are considered professionals at what they do...agree w me and not you...and I have to admit...I'm comfortable with that

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem I have with taking a CB at 9 is that the Jets spent months essentially trying to tell everybody, including fans,  that the CB isn't worth big bucks. 

Revis is greedy and all, but he's not an off the field problem, doesn't get into trouble, etc.  He's the best CB in the NFL and at the end of the day,  the Jets felt like the best CB in the NFL isn't worth it.    So they traded him.   

While the #9 pick is going to be far cheaper in money,  there will always be that "Revis was better" and "Revis and the Bucs are winning" and so on.   Who knows how this kid will handle that and who knows how the Jets will.   And who knows how great this kid really is considering he's a CB in a conference that's not known for passing.    Last time I checked, Johnny Football and the Georgia kid kind of lit up that vaunted Alabama defense.

Kareem Jackson and Dre Kirkpatrick, while talented, haven't exactly been pro bowl players.

That is the most BS stat there is....I mean can you seriously with a strait face say that you were ok with Wilson being our starting cb all season?????? or hey how bout this one...maybe the cb we woulda scooped in the 5th round was gonna be our starter and maybe our pass def would be #1 next year....apparently there is some guys who get paid a lot more money than you and I combined and are considered professionals at what they do...agree w me and not you...and I have to admit...I'm comfortable with that

I was much happier about Wilson starting at CB than about Ducasse starting at LG.

I was much happier about Wilson starting at CB than about Ducasse starting at LG.

both want to make me blow my head off...dont get it twisted thou...i do not think Dee will be what Revis was or is...Revis is a gem and his caliber only comes around once a generation...i want Dee to be his own player and a very very good player and I feel he will be in his own way with all the skills he will bring to the table...i mean, the dude is a ball hog..how can you not be a lil souped that we got him

Now i'm really gonna piss you off lol...i want geno or lacy with our 2nd

When Ducasse is getting whoever the QB is killed and RB"s tackled in the backfield every other play you can be very happy with yourself that the Jets don't have an All Pro guard.

Whoa, how could you want them to draft a guard? That is confusing in light of your stance of missing the last time they drafted that position.

The Jets shouldn't draft a guard at 9 - far more unusual than drafting a CB at 9 - because the last one they drafted kind of high was Ducasse who sucks way worse than Wilson, and therefore they suck at drafting guards.  

They should also stay away from drafting TEs early because the last one they took in round 1 was Keller and he was soft & kept tripping over his own feet & couldn't block.

And in round 2 we'd better not take a WR because we just took Hill in round 2 and he was awful his rookie season. 

We also should stay away from RB because the last one we drafted in or near the top 2 rounds was Shonn Greene and he wasn't exactly a super-stud either.

So to take the logical conclusion of your concern and turn it into draft advice, we should just stick with the positions they keep getting right.  More DTs, please.  With your logic about the team's failure in hitting at CB with Wilson, that's what we should be hoping for.  Either that or they should maybe draft a center or an inside linebacker.  I am with you all the way, bro.

Whoa, how could you want them to draft a guard? That is confusing in light of your stance of missing the last time they drafted that position.

The Jets shouldn't draft a guard at 9 - far more unusual than drafting a CB at 9 - because the last one they drafted kind of high was Ducasse who sucks way worse than Wilson, and therefore they suck at drafting guards.

They should also stay away from drafting TEs early because the last one they took in round 1 was Keller and he was soft & kept tripping over his own feet & couldn't block.

And in round 2 we'd better not take a WR because we just took Hill in round 2 and he was awful his rookie season.

We also should stay away from RB because the last one we drafted in or near the top 2 rounds was Shonn Greene and he wasn't exactly a super-stud either.

So to take the logical conclusion of your concern and turn it into draft advice, we should just stick with the positions they keep getting right. More DTs, please. With your logic about the team's failure in hitting at CB with Wilson, that's what we should be hoping for. Either that or they should maybe draft a center or an inside linebacker. I am with you all the way, bro.

Warmack or Cooper are universally thought to be pro bowl players or better. Milliner isn't. That difference matters.

On 4/26/2013 at 1:25 PM, unbanmadmike1 said:

Warmack or Cooper are universally thought to be pro bowl players or better. Milliner isn't. That difference matters.

Wilson was universally thought to be the steal of the draft when we took him, and not just by Jets fans.

And it doesn't matter.  If these guys are all as good as they say, a very good guard who's available every season, with a supposed pro bowl (or near pro bowl) CB in Milliner, will benefit the team better than Warmack or Cooper plus Kyle Wilson.

Is that why they went 7, 10 and 19 last night. Pugh probably ends up a guard. Give it up slats.

I'll be happy to give it up as soon as people stop whining about the fact that the Jets passed on the second guard in the draft to take the top CB. Lol.

Archived