Tweet's from training camp day 3(Update: Practice start's up @3:30)

Patriot Killa

Geno showcases that big arm in team, hitting Stephen Hill for 40+yards. Hill beat Darrin Walls. D is getting a bunch of pressure though.

If Geno is under pressure and still hitting his man 40+ yards down field = great news! MS must be crapping his pants watching this.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Geno is under pressure and still hitting his man 40+ yards down field = great news! MS must be crapping his pants watching this.

This is what I been waiting to see... if Geno can make good decisions and see WR's open no matter the pressure .. because that was his biggest IF coming into the NFL

Kerley had a bad case of the drops in mini camp to.  Wonder what's up with that?

When you get to this level, any time a WR drops a pass I'd say almost 100% of the time it's due to lack of focus.  Best guess is that kerley is thinking too much about the new playbook or his mind is just getting warmed up, either way I wouldn't be worried, he's a gamer.   Still not encouraging to see, but he's always shown up in games.

Lots of fighting this year. 

Rex said something once about how fighting is good for the team, and almost had to manufacture a couple with his henchman Rob Turner.  It sounds like there's some spunk to this year's squad.  The competition is so fierce, players are literally fighting for their jobs.  I love it. 

Well, from the sounds of it, the "O" & "D" were pretty evenly matched up. Good pressure from the D and some big plays from Geno and the WR's. Would have liked to hear more about the running game, but maybe they're waiting for Ivory before unleashing the "Blitzkreig"

Tone is frightened that he will be out of football next year, so he's going to play well with others this year

After seeing Geno throwing the deep ball, wouldn't be surprised if Tone shows up in pads tomorrow? He's so tired of Sanchez getting him killed with those high balls right, behind him right in front of the LB's. At least he can run routes deeper than 15 yards with Geno.

"It's a miracle!!! I'm healed!!!

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets  .

You understand it is only July but still hard not be pumped when you have a new young QB slinging it all over the yard #Jets

2m  .

Blogger / Podcaster Reply

Retweet

Favorite

. .

Joe Caporoso 

Always a fine line between keeping perspective and just enjoying the general excitement when a rookie has a big practice like Geno did

3m  .

Blogger / Podcaster

You understand it is only July but still hard not be pumped when you have a new young QB slinging it all over the yard #Jets

2m  .

Blogger / Podcaster Reply

Retweet

Favorite

. .

Joe Caporoso 

Always a fine line between keeping perspective and just enjoying the general excitement when a rookie has a big practice like Geno did

3m  .

Blogger / Podcaster

This about sums it up for me. 

Wish I could have seen this practice to see if it really was as impressive as it sounded from the tweets.  Smith should be the QB again tomorrow, wonder if there will be a lot more fans

Brian Costello @BrianCoz  .

Final QB stats today. Geno: 4-for-6, a sack, a nice long pass to Hill. Sanchez: 5-for-7, a sack. #nyj

2m  .

Beat Writer / Columnist

HUH?

That surely isn't the way the tweets sounded

Brian Costello @BrianCoz  .

Final QB stats today. Geno: 4-for-6, a sack, a nice long pass to Hill. Sanchez: 5-for-7, a sack. #nyj

2m  .

Beat Writer / Columnist

2 sacks, 13 snaps.   

not a bad showing for the defense. 

HUH?

That surely isn't the way the tweets sounded

Sounded like Geno was throwing 20 passes?? I had Cumberland, Hill w/ 2, TE Smith, Powell, Gates with 2. That doesn't add up to 4 completions? Were we getting double twitter posts?

Either way, sounds if both sides of the ball were making plays. Good to hear after the past 4 seasons of "Defense Dominates" stories

Archived