*** 49ers @ Seahawks game thread ***

Blackout

Nnamdi, talk about a huge drop off. He went from being the prized free agent, to be trash. So glad Incarcerated Bob was wrong as usual, and we didn't actually land that once overpaid turd. 

One of the ones that got away from Tannenbaum.  Like the awful mega-deals for Harris, Holmes, and Sanchez's extension weren't bad enough.  

I wonder - should he somehow ever get a FO position again - if his next employer realizes he offered Nnamdi $12M/year with Revis already on the roster.  He deserves to have that on his résumé since he made the contract offer.  Only reason it wasn't signed was Asomugha was using Tannenbaum as a tool to drive up his price for Philly.

It was a dominant performance.  But Seattle has always been a team you rarely beat in Seattle.   And they are a team who struggles on the road.  

I imagine the second game in SF will be a far different.    I think the 49ers were feeling a bit arrogant and Kapernick already is full of himself.   It was like the 49ers were the defending super bowl champs and not the Ravens the way everybody has talked about them.  

So With Harbaugh, a loss like this is probably a good thing for them.    I wouldn't suddenly count them or Kapernick out because of this game.

3 rain delays in two weeks?..oh I'm sorry " lightning " delay...I'm 42 I remember maybe 6 or 7 of these in the last 30 years although I'm sure their were more...NFL needs to squash this quick, there's been lightning since the beginning of time I don't remember one single incident at a football game,..rain delays in the NFL...the pus##%fication of the world grows.

Here ya go

Lightning Kills 11 Soccer Players

Seattle Times News Services

Lightning killed 11 members of a Congolese soccer team and injured dozens more people during a weekend match, the Congolese news agency reported today.

The lightning bolt wiped out all the players on the home team in the village of Bena Tshadi, in the south-central Congolese province of Eastern Kasai, the Congolese Press Agency said.

The report could not be independently confirmed.

Local investigators blamed the lightning bolt on witchcraft because none of the players on the opposing team from nearby Basangana village were injured, the agency reported.

Sorcery is often used in the region in an attempt to influence soccer games.

The two teams were tied 1-1 when the lightning struck.

More than 30 people, most of the them standing along the sidelines, were injured by the lightning, but none of the injuries is believed to be life-threatening, the report said.

Witchcraft is often blamed throughout west and central Africa to explain natural phenomenon and illness.

In South Africa over the weekend, six players from a local team were hurt when lightning struck the playing field during a thunderstorm.

-- Nigeria and Ghana claimed two of the last three places in the Women's World Cup field by reaching the final of the African Women's Championship in Lagos, Nigeria.

Nigeria routed Cameroon 6-0, while Ghana beat the Republic of Congo 4-1 in extra time.

The final spot for next year's World Cup finals in the United

States will be decided in a two-leg playoff between Argentina and Mexico.

FOOTBALL

/\ All I took away from that is I can use sorcery to influence games. ******* Belly will probably beat me to it though. Sorcerygate 2013

To my knowledge there is no rule against witchcraft in the CBA.  Stunned Belly hasn't looked into it.  If Rex threatens to punch him in the face again, he might be rolling out the witch doctors on ST's 

To my knowledge there is no rule against witchcraft in the CBA. Stunned Belly hasn't looked into it. If Rex threatens to punch him in the face again, he might be rolling out the witch doctors on ST's

Liberal's would cry the first time a player died from maleficium. The liberals are ruining the NFL

Here ya go

Lightning Kills 11 Soccer Players

Seattle Times News Services

Lightning killed 11 members of a Congolese soccer team and injured dozens more people during a weekend match, the Congolese news agency reported today.

The lightning bolt wiped out all the players on the home team in the village of Bena Tshadi, in the south-central Congolese province of Eastern Kasai, the Congolese Press Agency said.

The report could not be independently confirmed.

Local investigators blamed the lightning bolt on witchcraft because none of the players on the opposing team from nearby Basangana village were injured, the agency reported.

Sorcery is often used in the region in an attempt to influence soccer games.

The two teams were tied 1-1 when the lightning struck.

More than 30 people, most of the them standing along the sidelines, were injured by the lightning, but none of the injuries is believed to be life-threatening, the report said.

Witchcraft is often blamed throughout west and central Africa to explain natural phenomenon and illness.

In South Africa over the weekend, six players from a local team were hurt when lightning struck the playing field during a thunderstorm.

-- Nigeria and Ghana claimed two of the last three places in the Women's World Cup field by reaching the final of the African Women's Championship in Lagos, Nigeria.

Nigeria routed Cameroon 6-0, while Ghana beat the Republic of Congo 4-1 in extra time.

The final spot for next year's World Cup finals in the United

States will be decided in a two-leg playoff between Argentina and Mexico.

FOOTBALL

REPORT: In totally unrelated news:  all 11 members of the Congolese national team were found to have suffered multiple bullet wounds upon autopsy.  The coroner was absolutely despondent when talking to the reporters and had only this to say, "these young men were able to survive those gun-shot wounds only to die of a freak lightning storm how many years after.  It's miserable and yet strange seeing as how there were nothing but clear skies."

Archived