Fierce Pass Rush Leading Charge for Jets

flgreen

False!

False!

False!

The Jets DO NOT make the playoffs in 2009, and they DO NOT beat the Chargers in the 2nd round in 2009 without Revis, he changed that game (game changer) with that insane INT while blanketing, and shutting down V Jackson all afternoon, without that the Jets lose that game no doubt!  2010 Revis single handedly won the Jets to games by locking down C Johnson, and A Johnson in consecutive heart stopping wins, if either of those 2 do any damage at all the Jets never win either game, in an OT win against Det C Johnson 1 catch 9 yards, think about a guy holding him to 1 catch in man to man zero coverage, it's almost unthinkable, and he kept A Johnson in check the next week holding him to 3 catches for 30 yards, all 3 harmless underneath garbage.  Then in the 2010 playoffs he took R Wayne away from Manning the only healthy option for the Colts at WR, if Wayne isn't blanketed no way Manning doesn't score more than 16 points. 

Listen you want to say he isn't worth the money fine (I still disagree for a team like the Jets who won't be paying a franchise QB that kind of money after this season for at least 3 more years if not longer), but he is a game changer, he is a guy who can carry you to a playoff berth, and single handley win you a playoff game, he has proven all of those things, just because he doesn't show up on the box score doesn't mean he isn't changing the outcome of the games, when a team has their best offensive recieving threat taken away from them, they will struggle to win if they don't have a 2nd option that is dangerous, and most teams don't.  The Bucs are not stupid for trading for Revis, and giving him that money just so they can hit the salary cap floor, they are stupid for not using him the proper way locking down the opposing teams top threat all day long.

That all sounds great but isn't it possible that Rex designed the defense around Revis' ability to lock down a WR and that if he weren't there, the defense would have looked very different (take this year's for example) and might have been just as successful?  Or are you saying Rex's success with designing defenses was all due to Revis because the last two years would make that seem very unlikely.

We all love Revis' ability, but teams seem to win Super Bowls every year without him.  Let's put it this way, as the Jets are constructed right now, would you rather have Revis back or Jimmy Graham.  Not even counting the enormous difference in salary?

I like Darren Walls and he has been playing well, but best CB? How much has he even played? Rex is so stubborn that he has pulled Milliner and constantly mixes and matches the back end CBs (Lankster, Trufant, Walls apparently based on match-ups). Sure he stuck with Wilson a little too long, but those penalties were an aberration not the normal course of business.

He's played the best in my opinion just from what I've watched.

That all sounds great but isn't it possible that Rex designed the defense around Revis' ability to lock down a WR and that if he weren't there, the defense would have looked very different (take this year's for example) and might have been just as successful?  Or are you saying Rex's success with designing defenses was all due to Revis because the last two years would make that seem very unlikely.

We all love Revis' ability, but teams seem to win Super Bowls every year without him.  Let's put it this way, as the Jets are constructed right now, would you rather have Revis back or Jimmy Graham.  Not even counting the enormous difference in salary?

I am saying Rex designed a great scheme correctly around a great player, and without Revis the 2009 team would not have made the playoffs, or beat the Chargers, but yes I do agree that with Revis, and no Rex, or a coach willing to completly design his defensive scheme around 1 player, a CB no less, the same can be said no chance in hell at making the playoffs, but we did, and still do have Rex so that is irrelevant.

Revis hands down, were comparing a player who is an all time great VS a great athlete that plays a less important position then Revis, and only has 1 good season, and 3 games with an all time great QB throwing him the ball, not to mention the play caller.

Also why couldn't we have both?  Swap Graham for Sanchez contract wise, and we have Revis, Graham, and still extra cap space.

I was listening to Lupica today (by accident) but I was pleasantly surprised when he picked Mo Wilkerson as the guy playing the best football in New York. Mo! He even complimented Coples and Harrison and Richardson. I almost passed out.

First the Bucs have tons of Cap space, they needed to give Revis every cent of that 16 million just to reach the salary cap floor, 2nd IF Revis ever hits the open market I GUARANTEE 1. he will never sign with the Jets as long as Woody Johnson owns this team, and 2. Bill Belicheck will have an open offer with Revis' bank account info to transfer the funds to with in minutes of Revis hitting the open market, you guys have no idea how good this kid truley is when used properly.

Belicheat is not known to overspend unless his name is Cindy...could see Revis offering a discount to get a ring but even then it's doubtful.

Locker's improved quite a bit...zero interceptions this year...looked great in the final drive...94 yards in the final two minutes...should be an exciting matchup.

We have the unique ability to make average QB's look terrible.  Sometimes great QB's do well against us, but average QB's almost never have even good days.

Archived