Hakeem Nicks available

Gastineau Lives

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're thisclose to being out from under Santonio, and you guys want to throw picks after Nicks and Gordon? This place is a lollercoaster.

We also stand a pretty good chance of wining the AFC East if we get Geno Smith some damn WRs who run proper routes and catch the damn ball. Im against trading picks for 1 year rentals but if we could ink Gordon or Nicks to a long term cap friendly deal you don't pass up WRs like these guys.

We also stand a pretty good chance of wining the AFC East if we get Geno Smith some damn WRs who run proper routes and catch the damn ball. Im against trading picks for 1 year rentals but if we could ink Gordon or Nicks to a long term cap friendly deal you don't pass up WRs like these guys.

We can win the AFCE.  Trade a fifth for Gordon cause Lombardi's a dumb fukk...then a third for Nicks and a second for Blackmon...plus Hill and Kerley in their more natural fourth and fifth WR roles

Shazam!  Best WR group in the AFC.

Geno has weapons and the Jets win the Super Bowl!

We can win the AFCE.  Trade a fifth for Gordon cause Lombardi's a dumb fukk...then a third for Nicks and a second for Blackmon...plus Hill and Kerley in their more natural fourth and fifth WR roles

Shazam!  Best WR group in the AFC.

Geno has weapons and the Jets win the Super Bowl!

The Giants will get a 4th (possibly more) for Nicks if they keep him for the rest of the season and he signs with someone else in March.  Why would they trade him for a 3rd after 6 games, when their division leaders are 3-3 (and the Giants play both of them again)? They aren't going to save much on the cap (to push to next season) by moving him now.

If it goes down that way, where they take any team's 3rd round pick for Nicks, I'll be surprised.  A 1st is unrealistic, a 2 gets it done, and a 3 maybe if it's someone clearly headed for a top-5 pick.  I could see Atlanta - who may be headed that way this year - trading for him actually, and then possibly cut bait with White after the season.  Wouldn't be the most shocking of moves, if they think Nicks is a fit down there.  There are other teams I could see Nicks going to this year, but for a team who sees themselves as contenders this year I think it's going to take a 2nd rounder to get Nicks now instead of in March.

We'll see.

Archived