Chris Ivory will see more action

joewilly12

Chris Ivory is expected to see a bump in usage as a result of Mike Goodson's season-ending knee injury.

Ivory has seen just 17 snaps and eight carries over the last two weeks. But now that his hamstring is healed up and Goodson is down, those numbers are going to rise. If Ivory can string together a few games, he's a candidate for 8-12 carries plus goal-line work going forward. He's certainly talented enough to do just that -- Ivory is averaging 4.90 YPC in his career.

After working his was back into playing shape and shaking off the hamstring injury, he's been averaging over 5 yards a pop the last two games.  He had his best game against New England in week 2, it'll certainly be interesting to see how we attack them without wilfork and possibly Mayo and Kelly.

I think the biggest win for us on that end would be if Talib wasn't able to suit up because of that hip, he's been one of the best defensive players in the league so far.  It's just a hip flexor strain, but I believe I read it's the same hip where he tore the tendon from the bone a couple of years ago, so it's possible they could be playing it safe and sit him.

Archived