Stephen Hill Not Frustrated

flgreen

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't understand how agitated you are over this pick: I like the kid a lot, he's a hell of a receiver, but the fact of the matter is that he wasn't a slam-dunk pick. Teams shy away from players who show that they are disinterested or lack work ethic, especially at the WR position. Hill, for all his flaws, is supposed to be an exceptional kid with great work ethic. How many WRs would commit to a school that never throws the ball and yet still be engaged enough to average 30 yards a reception? 

It's pretty obvious that Jeffery is the better WR right now and maybe always will be, but there was plenty of reason he wasn't the selection and to go on and on about it is beating a dead horse. Where's the outrage for drafting Winters over Warford this year? Where's the outrage for drafting Kyle Wilson over Gronk or Ducasse over Jimmy Graham, Navaroo Bowman or Geno Atkins? These things happen man and whether you want to believe it or not, there's many rational reasons Jeffery and other guys were passed by 32 teams, some multiple times.

I guess I'm agitated because I got it right. If I got it wrong then atleast we would have a legit receiver. As for the question you posed, I'm not agitated at that given the fact that I wasn't screaming to draft gronk or Graham.

I guess I'm agitated because I got it right. If I got it wrong then atleast we would have a legit receiver. As for the question you posed, I'm not agitated at that given the fact that I wasn't screaming to draft gronk or Graham.

Fair enough. Best we can do is hope that our player develops, as he's still our player. 

or even better how would Jeffery do with Sanchez as his QB? 

Honestly, I think Sanchez would be having a nice season under Morningwheg (however you spell his last name). I've always liked Sanchez, I feel that they didnt have the coaching/coordinators here to really develop a QB. I feel that Geno is coming into a much different environment than what Sanchez experienced. However, not to provide any excuses, I think Jeffery stats wise would not be the same player. However I do feel that no matter what, if you're a good player you show that on the field, which I believe Jeffery would have been able to do just as WR playing the position. 

Archived