Jets sign ex Florida Gator - Jermaine Cunningham

JustInFudge

I could see a letter like that coming from JetNation. Might as well read:

DEAR HEAD COACH, PLEASE SIGN PLAYERS THAT AREN'T AVAILABLE BECAUSE EMOTION. THANKS, JETNATION

I could see a letter like that coming from JetNation. Might as well read:

DEAR HEAD COACH, PLEASE SIGN PLAYERS THAT AREN'T AVAILABLE BECAUSE EMOTION. THANKS, JETNATION

This made me laugh.  :D

David Nelson, Josh Cribs, Salas and Garrard were all in season signings and within the past month or so.  You mean besides those?  

(pssst by the way, one of the big problems on this team was the fact that teams air it out against us. Reed was an attempt to help a very real need)

Good points on the signings, although Cribbs is more a "specailist" and I saw Garrard in street clothes the other day, but Nelson, and Salas are valid, and to his credit have helped a little bit.

Yes I know we are getting beat deep, and it continued in Buffalo, although even I have to admit that I liked the REED signing, but Cunningham? Come on, another defensive project for Rex.

Good points on the signings, although Cribbs is more a "specailist" and I saw Garrard in street clothes the other day, but Nelson, and Salas are valid, and to his credit have helped a little bit.

Yes I know we are getting beat deep, and it continued in Buffalo, although even I have to admit that I liked the REED signing, but Cunningham? Come on, another defensive project for Rex.

Point is that they have been signing guys on both sides of the ball. Scrubs, HOFers or otherwise.  It's gone both ways this season and I look forward to a good offensive off season with Idzik as the GM for more than a couple of months prior to the draft.

dont forget baby gronk. we signed him like 3 weeks ago

That's right.  Even more to support the idea that it has been a balance of both sides of the ball this season. 

Antwan Barnes hurt - bring up Ricky Sapp, Winslow suspended bring in Sudfeld, Winslow back cut Rontez Miles,  Sign Ed Reed cut Ricky Sapp, Reuland hurt sign Jermaine Cunningham.  Not sure why anyone would get twisted about these low level FA/PS signings, but they have basically been convering the same positions.  It's not like the team is carrying 40 players on defense and 13 on O.

Cribbs was a great piece all expectations being reasonable

I think Cribbs was a direct plug and play Gates replacement.  I know everybody will grumble that Cribbs is better than Gates, but the Jets have had Cribbs on their radar since around May, but never felt he was ready to return from the injuries, even after he was in camp and cut by the Raiders.  

Archived