Andrew Luck

Matt39

Yes 28th ranked by DVOA , 20th ranked by DYAR, and 22nd by QBR = serviceable.. Bottom third, top third, what's the difference??

He didnt turn it over. The  Jets won games. Tomlinson, who was about done, was probably the best player on offense. The Jets for whatever reason  dont value offense. Sanchez never had weapons either. He had a great line the first two years....but the best player he ever worked with was a washed up LT.

Letting Geno as a rookie play with this group is pathetic. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didnt turn it over. The  Jets won games. Tomlinson, who was about done, was probably the best player on offense. The Jets for whatever reason  dont value offense. Sanchez never had weapons either. He had a great line the first two years....but the best player he ever worked with was a washed up LT.

Sanchez never had weapons. OK.

Sanchez's weapons never had a QB.

I seriously think people here ONLY watch the Jets' QBs and think every good QB in the league is so wildly inaccurate and no one is actually good it's just a matter of WRs and TEs getting open by 3-5 yards or more that makes a QB good.

Sanchez sucks. Smith sucks.

The "weapons" on this team also suck, and they're now only letting Smith throw it on obvious passing downs, but he's been terrible. He was better earlier in the season - enough to leave him in since we were only looking at his first handful of starts in the NFL - but he's been so horrible I can't see how you can leave him in.

Can he come back next year (or at some point later on) and be a good QB? Absolutely. But he's a bad QB right now and I can't see how a guy posting a 10 QBR followed by a 22 QBR is literally the best that any of the 3 guys on the roster can do.

Sanchez never had weapons. OK.

Sanchez's weapons never had a QB.

I seriously think people here ONLY watch the Jets' QBs and think every good QB in the league is so wildly inaccurate and no one is actually good it's just a matter of WRs and TEs getting open by 3-5 yards or more that makes a QB good.

Sanchez sucks. Smith sucks.

The "weapons" on this team also suck, and they're now only letting Smith throw it on obvious passing downs, but he's been terrible. He was better earlier in the season - enough to leave him in since we were only looking at his first handful of starts in the NFL - but he's been so horrible I can't see how you can leave him in.

Can he come back next year (or at some point later on) and be a good QB? Absolutely. But he's a bad QB right now and I can't see how a guy posting a 10 QBR followed by a 22 QBR is literally the best that any of the 3 guys on the roster can do.

You didnt provide any analysis here. You just say the QB stinks and that's that. The Jets skill position players over the past 5 years...who's producing besides Woodhead? Who could throw behind this line? Mangold and Brick both stink. Winters is worse than Ducasse. Bilal Powell has lead in his cleats. The offense is a total disaster and asking a rookie QB to make due with this joke of a roster is absurd.

If Greg Salas is Peyton Manning's best receiver he'd look like sh*t too.

There are teams ALL OVER THE LEAGUE getting production out of QB's who no one had  ever heard of before the season. They just don't have a fool HC who is incompetent at coaching offense. 

Who? And who are they throwing to?

I wish we had an Andre Johnson to throw it up to.

Who is Matt McGloin throwing to? He's been great. Glennon also completely outplaying Smith, Manuel too. 

Glennon was the best QB in the draft. He also gets solid protection and has a stud in Vincent Jackson. 

Matt Mgloin against Baltimore at Baltimore would be unwatchable.

The difference between Edward, Holmes, Cotch, LT and Keller and what we have now is night and day. Not sure how you could deny it

You didnt provide any analysis here. You just say the QB stinks and that's that. The Jets skill position players over the past 5 years...who's producing besides Woodhead? Who could throw behind this line? Mangold and Brick both stink. Winters is worse than Ducasse. Bilal Powell has lead in his cleats. The offense is a total disaster and asking a rookie QB to make due with this joke of a roster is absurd.

If Greg Salas is Peyton Manning's best receiver he'd look like sh*t too.

Pot and kettle something something. You're providing no analysis and just saying that this or that guy stinks. So everyone stinks except for the QB?

It's ludicrous to say Peyton Manning would be this bad. Manning, who is playing with a backup left tackle protecting his blind side all season long (aided by a starting TE who makes Dustin Keller look like an impenetrable force in pass protection). The guy made Austin Collie look like a dangerous receiver. He would get production out of busts like Jerome Pathon and MADE players like Marcus Pollard. Dallas Clark goes down for the season? No problem; he'll turn Jacob Tamme into the top receiving TE for the remainder of the season.

Sanchez was total garbage. A bust. Or do we now live in a world where the New York Jets don't draft busts at the QB position? They draft players that their awful coaching and front office can't get anything out of, but who otherwise would have been great passers, as evidenced by the dozens of guys we've drafted that have gone on to great HOF careers once they got away from the Jets.

I am mystified that people can watch Mark Sanchez (or Geno Smith as a rookie) throw and then watch Peyton Manning throw and say the only difference between one and the other is the quality of the surrounding cast.

The difference between Edward, Holmes, Cotch, LT and Keller and what we have now is night and day. Not sure how you could deny it

Its night and day and that group was still well below average.

Braylon's out of football. Holmes is useless. Tomlinson's out of football. Keller-hurt, signed with Miami because no one else wanted him. Cotchery should have been kept, but Rex needed Derrick Mason. The only other former Jet producing is Woodhead and they viewed him as valuable as the Knicks valued Jeremy Lin.

I don't think it's a coincidence that geno looks just like sanchez

confused, hesitant, no confidence, droopy shoulders, mopey, loser

you can't tell your QB "just don't **** it up, we'll win it on defense" and expect good results

did you see the look on genos face after the first completion of the game......where he was the receiver not the passer ?

humiliated, emasculated, checked out, dispassionate, wave the white flag, game was over right there

the common denominator is rex

this is all on him

Pot and kettle something something. You're providing no analysis and just saying that this or that guy stinks. So everyone stinks except for the QB?

It's ludicrous to say Peyton Manning would be this bad. Manning, who is playing with a backup left tackle protecting his blind side all season long (aided by a starting TE who makes Dustin Keller look like an impenetrable force in pass protection). The guy made Austin Collie look like a dangerous receiver. He would get production out of busts like Jerome Pathon and MADE players like Marcus Pollard. Dallas Clark goes down for the season? No problem; he'll turn Jacob Tamme into the top receiving TE for the remainder of the season.

Sanchez was total garbage. A bust. Or do we now live in a world where the New York Jets don't draft busts at the QB position? They draft players that their awful coaching and front office can't get anything out of, but who otherwise would have been great passers, as evidenced by the dozens of guys we've drafted that have gone on to great HOF careers once they got away from the Jets.

I am mystified that people can watch Mark Sanchez (or Geno Smith as a rookie) throw and then watch Peyton Manning throw and say the only difference between one and the other is the quality of the surrounding cast.

You're trying to turn this into a Sanchez argument for no reason.Sanchez wasnt good. The Jets receivers have been bad since Laverneous Coles was young.

This is the worst collection of offensive talent Ive probably ever seen at this level. Jerome Pathon was never any good.

If Collie didnt have concussion problems he'd be a very good receiver.

You're trying to turn this into a Sanchez argument for no reason.Sanchez wasnt good. The Jets receivers have been bad since Laverneous Coles was young.

This is the worst collection of offensive talent Ive probably ever seen at this level. Jerome Pathon was never any good.

Let me ask you this, is a qbr of 22 or whatever geno posted acceptable? Do you honestly believe Simms or some other bum we picked off the street couldn't post a qbr rating of 22? Smith sucks, he's garbage. Yeah the team around him sucks to, but throw Manning back their and this team would be playing like a bunch of all stars.

I was quoting you regarding Sanchez, not the other way around.

Look, I was all in favor of giving Smith a long leash. But he is right now too awful to put onto a football field. He wasn't this bad the first half of our games. He was better and also made a bunch of bad throws that opponents capitalized on in the form of turnovers. Well that's what rookies do. In the meantime the kid was completing 60% of his passes to a bunch of scrubs. He is not playing like that high-promise player right now and needs to be removed from the starting lineup.

I'm saying I think he should be benched now, not that he should be cut now.

Let me ask you this, is a qbr of 22 or whatever geno posted acceptable? Do you honestly believe Simms or some other bum we picked off the street couldn't post a qbr rating of 22? Smith sucks, he's garbage. Yeah the team around him sucks to, but throw Manning back their and this team would be playing like a bunch of all stars.

I wanted Simms to play this week, I would have started him just for the mere fact the Ravens didnt have film on him.

But this roster is a total joke for a rookie QB, who we knew was raw to begin with. Our receivers would struggle  to start in Canada if they werent on the Jets,

They just won a super bowl with Rice and Smith as the No1 WR...

Boldin and Pitta were ahead of Smith.

Rice looks finished this year. Pierce was better than him in the playoffs last year too.

Flacco didnt do anything great today- he just has better players around him and better protection.

You seem to live in a world that is black or white , on or off.

In the real world most things are somewhere in between.

We don't know jack sh*t, and that goes for you too.

We don't have a friggin clue on the amount of precision it takes to complete an NFL pass between receivers and QBs, or hitting a curve ball.

We are mere spectators.

You and your ilk like to sit around with your beer and your guy taking a dump hair cut avatar like you know everything because you saw a receiver open and a QB missed him, big frigging deal. Do you know the timing of the route, the options , the blitz reads , etc?

No, we don't know sh*t .

We sit here and watch guys who make millions of dollars who are the best coaches, and players in the world, the elite of the elite and we make assumptions about what is going on, but the reality is bone of us know jack sh*t. We don't know the mental side of not being able to trust your receivers, or your line, or any of it.

You like to sit here with your half witted analysis like your some type of authority on all NFL, your not, none of us are, or we would not be on this board, we'd be making millions in the NFL.

I wanted Simms to play this week, I would have started him just for the mere fact the Ravens didnt have film on him.

But this roster is a total joke for a rookie QB, who we knew was raw to begin with. Our receivers would struggle  to start in Canada if they werent on the Jets,

This is 100% on the head coach. He hasn't put this QB in a position to win and he's waited WAY too long, just like with Sanchez to make a change beucase he's utterly clueless when it comes to offense. Thats the point. 

This is 100% on the head coach. He hasn't put this QB in a position to win and he's waited WAY too long, just like with Sanchez to make a change beucase he's utterly clueless when it comes to offense. Thats the point. 

i hate to break to everyone, but Matt Simms throwing to David Nelson and Greg Salas isnt putting points on the board either.

Its night and day and that group was still well below average.

Braylon's out of football. Holmes is useless. Tomlinson's out of football. Keller-hurt, signed with Miami because no one else wanted him. Cotchery should have been kept, but Rex needed Derrick Mason. The only other former Jet producing is Woodhead and they viewed him as valuable as the Knicks valued Jeremy Lin.

Yes, Joe Montana is out of football today so that means he sucked.. That argument is inane. Holmes was coming off a 1300 year season the year prior, Braylon was very productive for us. ... keller was also a productive tight end. 

A below avg group is what we have now., that was mid to upper mid group

Yes, Joe Montana is out of football today so that means he sucked.. That argument is inane. Holmes was coming off a 1300 year season the year prior, Braylon was very productive for us. ... keller was also a productive tight end. 

A below avg group is what we have now., that was mid to upper mid group

So these guys were productive with Sanchez is what you're saying.

Archived