Andrew Luck

Matt39

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You seem to live in a world that is black or white , on or off.

In the real world most things are somewhere in between.

We don't know jack sh*t, and that goes for you too.

We don't have a friggin clue on the amount of precision it takes to complete an NFL pass between receivers and QBs, or hitting a curve ball.

We are mere spectators.

You and your ilk like to sit around with your beer and your guy taking a dump hair cut avatar like you know everything because you saw a receiver open and a QB missed him, big frigging deal. Do you know the timing of the route, the options , the blitz reads , etc?

No, we don't know sh*t .

We sit here and watch guys who make millions of dollars who are the best coaches, and players in the world, the elite of the elite and we make assumptions about what is going on, but the reality is bone of us know jack sh*t. We don't know the mental side of not being able to trust your receivers, or your line, or any of it.

You like to sit here with your half witted analysis like your some type of authority on all NFL, your not, none of us are, or we would not be on this board, we'd be making millions in the NFL.

LOL okay.

You don't throw a stud WR out there and assume you then get a productive QB.

And yes I do know everything. Sanchez sucked. Right now Smith socks as well.

You really see no difference between the throws from the better QBs in the league and the throws from our QBs. Hysterical.

O woe are the Jets QBs who are and have been throwing with pinpoint accuracy only to have every throw SEEM off-target by errant routes.

andrew luck is also 18-8 so far in his career with 37 tds and 24 ints. geno smith has 25 completions total in his last 3 games

Luck was the best prospect since Peyton, allegedly. Since Hall of Famer Reggie Wayne got hurt, he's looked pedestrian at best(and its not his fault either).

Luck was the best prospect since Peyton, allegedly. Since Hall of Famer Reggie Wayne got hurt, he's looked pedestrian at best(and its not his fault either).

look....no one on this site is under any delusions that we have good receivers.....but you have to know that geno smith is a ******* scrub

so you want to give him another shot next year? you dont want our FO to look for another qb? just upgrade the receivers and the o-line a bit and then lets give genover another shot?

I havent said that all. However I think it'd be foolish to write off a rookie's career when he's throwing to players who wont be in the league next  season.

Josh Gordon says hi.

What of him? The Browns' QBs had 1 TD and 3 turnovers today and lost.

Look at Arizona with Fitzgerald last year. Skelton, Kolb, Lindley. They all sucked with him. Palmer is no great QB but he's a legitimate NFL talent and is night & day better than any/all of those other 3 clowns.

Larry Fitzgerald AND Anquan Boldin TOGETHER couldn't turn Leinart into a good QB.

Look at the WRs Josh Freeman had at his disposal in Tampa Bay. He sucks because he sucks, not because of his weapons down there.

Look at Arizona with Fitzgerald last year. Skelton, Kolb, Lindley. They all sucked with him. Palmer is no great QB but he's a legitimate NFL talent and is night & day better than any/all of those other 3 clowns.

Larry Fitzgerald AND Anquan Boldin TOGETHER couldn't turn Leinart into a good QB.

Look at the WRs Josh Freeman had at his disposal in Tampa Bay. He sucks because he sucks, not because of his weapons.

Vincent Jackson managed to be Vincent Jackson with  Freeman. Gordon had 200 yards today. Does a Jets receiver have 200 yards this season?

Look at the WRs Josh Freeman had at his disposal in Tampa Bay. He sucks because he sucks, not because of his weapons down there.

Oh I agree with you but Gordon is having a great year even with garbage throwing him the ball. The Jets don't have anyone like that. 

Vincent Jackson managed to be Vincent Jackson with  Freeman. Gordon had 200 yards today. Does a Jets receiver have 200 yards this season?

But "weapons" didn't turn Freeman into a good QB. No one is going to argue the Jets' WRs suck. Smith is playing sucky regardless, just like Sanchez before him.

Having even a GREAT WR doesn't make a lousy QB into a good one.

Oh I agree with you but Gordon is having a great year even with garbage throwing him the ball. The Jets don't have anyone like that.

If it makes you feel better I was in favor of grabbing him while we (allegedly) had the chance. He's severely underrated, and a lot of the reason is the sh*tty QBs throwing to him. Imagine him with one of the league's better passers really using him.

But "weapons" didn't turn Freeman into a good QB. No one is going to argue the Jets' WRs suck. Smith is playing sucky regardless, just like Sanchez before him.

not even jerry rice could make genover look like a good qb

It makes the offense better- that's the point.

Im fine with a mediocre QB and great skill talent. You dont need a great QB to win a Super Bowl.

If it makes you feel better I was in favor of grabbing him while we (allegedly) had the chance. He's severely underrated, and a lot of the reason is the sh*tty QBs throwing to him. Imagine him with one of the league's better passers really using him.

The Jets got a guy like that in Chris Ivory but they would rather play Bilal "I'm a JAG" Powell 60% of the time. They would probably bench Gordon for Greg Salis. 

The Jets got a guy like that in Chris Ivory but they would rather play Bilal "I'm a JAG" Powell 60% of the time. They would probably bench Gordon for Greg Salis. 

Ivory got hurt today on the first play from scrimmage. He's by far the best player on offense....obviously  we had to trade for him.

Im fine with a mediocre QB and great skill talent. You dont need a great QB to win a Super Bowl.

I think you need better than mediocre at QB. Absent some major rule changes you're not likely to see any more Trent Diller types winning superbowls.

And big freaking DUH that better receivers make the offense better. With a really good QB throwing the ball around, they can be outright deadly.

But what they do NOT do, despite your insinuation throughout, is they do NOT make a bad QB into a good one.

I think you need better than mediocre at QB. Absent some major rule changes you're not likely to see any more Trent Diller types winning superbowls.

And big freaking DUH that better receivers make the offense better. With a really good QB throwing the ball around, they can be outright deadly.

But what they do NOT do, despite your insinuation throughout, is they do NOT make a bad QB into a good one.

Flacco and Eli. Neither are very good. Ditto Stafford. When they have weapons, they play well.

Look at Peyton sh*tting the bed right now. The Denver offense all season has been based off of their WR's and yards after the catch. Pats are taking that away and Peyton looks awful. Demaryius hasnt caught a pass tonight. The game now is all about about getting your weapons the ball in space.

Huh? While Ivory is healthy he's gotten the carries. When he was injured or rusty earlier in the season, or after he got hurt today, they gave Powell more carries.

I have no issues with Powell. He's been more productive than most thought he was capable of. I'm a sucker for a guy who doesn't go down as soon as he's touched. Also he can catch the ball out of the backfield and isn't a totally useless sack of sh*t in pass protection. In the end, he's only as talented as he is, but whatever he doesn't do on the field I don't think is a result of his wussing out.

Huh? While Ivory is healthy he's gotten the carries. When he was injured or rusty earlier in the season, or after he got hurt today, they gave Powell more carries.

I have no issues with Powell. He's been more productive than most thought he was capable of. I'm a sucker for a guy who doesn't go down as soon as he's touched. Also he can catch the ball out of the backfield and isn't a totally useless sack of sh*t in pass protection. In the end, he's only as talented as he is, but whatever he doesn't do on the field I don't think is a result of his wussing out.

Powell looks like he's running in quick sand.

you need a pretty good qb to be a consistent winner in this league. winning the superbowl with a mediocre qb is the excdeption, not the rule. this is not the way you should go about building a team. above all you try to aquire a franchise level qb.........you don't go in with a gameplan of just getting a mediocre qb and then trying to surround him with enough all-pro talent to overcome his crappiness.

Flacco and Eli. Neither are very good. Ditto Stafford. When they have weapons, they play well.

Look at Peyton sh*tting the bed right now. The Denver offense all season has been based off of their WR's and yards after the catch. Pats are taking that away and Peyton looks awful. Demaryius hasnt caught a pass tonight. The game now is all about about getting your weapons the ball in space.

so now peyton manning is mediocre?

you need a pretty good qb to be a consistent winner in this league. winning the superbowl with a mediocre qb is the excdeption, not the rule. this is not the way you should go about building a team. above all you try to aquire a franchise level qb.........you don't go in with a gameplan of just getting a mediocre qb and then trying to surround him with enough all-pro talent to overcome his crappiness.

Ill gladly take  a franchise QB. Expecting any QB to be better than awful with this group of skill players is wishful thinking.

This Denver offense has been awesome because their WR's make plays after the catch.

The Pats are daring Peyton to throw doen the field and he cant.

well......i havent been paying alot of attention but i think peyton is playing hurt.

and even so.....bad games happen to the best qb's

Archived