u want to fire someone? FIRE IDZIK

Jetfan13

don't believe that BS. Rex had money guaranteed his way (multiple millions) and Woody wouldn't fire Rex and then pay him to give CBS color commentary with JB and Dan.  Feelings had nothing to do with it. 

Either way, Woody is a moron.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does Idzik get a pass for his awful first draft and terrible FA moves bungling the QB position again.

Not firing the guy after his first season in the job isn't the same as giving him a pass. He was working under a lot of restraints this season. Next year, all of those shackles are off - including Rex, if he so decides. That's when you really start to judge the guy, IMHO. He'll need to do something very bold at the QB position for starters. If he decides to fire Rex, he needs to hire someone better. For all the vitriol here, that's still much easier said than done.

Not firing the guy after his first season in the job isn't the same as giving him a pass. He was working under a lot of restraints this season. Next year, all of those shackles are off - including Rex, if he so decides. That's when you really start to judge the guy, IMHO. He'll need to do something very bold at the QB position for starters. If he decides to fire Rex, he needs to hire someone better. For all the vitriol here, that's still much easier said than done.

You realize that what he does this offseason will set the tone of the franchise for the next 5 years right? You trust him and his incompetent scouting and coaching staffs to do that?

Former Jets scout Joe Bommarito is on Twitter. Earlier this season, he tweeted that they "knew what we were doing" when they drafted Stephen Hill, and that he'd be "fine."

We will see. Like you point out, its not like I trust this staff to develop anyone.

Alshon Jeffrey had 250 yards receiving yesterday. Hill might not have 250 for the rest of his career. Glad to see the Jets scouts knew what they were doing.

With Cutler throwing to him and Marshall on the other side. Much different. Hill hasn't improved at all - but neither has anyone on offense under Rex, ever.

Not by much. Marshall and Alshon are going up and catching passes all over the place. If anything, its driving Cutlers price down which I guess could be good for us.

Yeah, lets gets some players in here and a solid coaching staff before completely writing him off. I'm with you though, so far he looks like a bust.

I think silly to blame Idzik for 2013 draft. Silly.

He takes over month before draft, is using all Tanny's scouts reports/data based on instructions tanny gave to scouts.

In Seattle he was imbedded recently mainly in Finance so probably wasnt 100% ingrained in scouting reports for 2013 class. Plus, what he would have seen was based on Seahawks needs/system etc.

He must not have liked what he saw with Jets Scouts, prep, reports and final results he was forced to drfat base don report sand Tannys scouts in the warroom. remember, he fired all of our scouts save one I think.

Now he has had a full year, with HIS handpicked scouts, providing reports base don HIS instrucytions for what HE is looking for in a player and how they fit in HIS desired system.

lets be fair and see what he does in 2014 when he is playing on a level playing field with his deck of cards and his folks.

He takes over month before draft, is using all Tanny's scouts reports/data based on instructions tanny gave to scouts.

In Seattle he was imbedded recently mainly in Finance so probably wasnt 100% ingrained in scouting reports for 2013 class. Plus, what he would have seen was based on Seahawks needs/system etc.

He must not have liked what he saw with Jets Scouts, prep, reports and final results he was forced to drfat base don report sand Tannys scouts in the warroom. remember, he fired all of our scouts save one I think.

Now he has had a full year, with HIS handpicked scouts, providing reports base don HIS instrucytions for what HE is looking for in a player and how they fit in HIS desired system.

lets be fair and see what he does in 2014 when he is playing on a level playing field with his deck of cards and his folks.

True, fair points. Most of the scouting folks were cleared out once the draft was over.

Are you frigging kidding me? No one forced him to let the retards who drafted Mark Sanchez and Gholston run the draft, that was HIS call. 

Are you frigging kidding me? No one forced him to let the retards who drafted Mark Sanchez and Gholston run the draft, that was HIS call. 

By the time he was hired, the Senior Bowl was underway, and the Combine wasn't too far behind.  There's no way he could have fired the entire scouting department, replaced them with his guys, and have those guys go out and provide full scouting reports on free agents and draft prospects.  There simply wasn't enough time.  He used what was in place until the draft was over, then brought in his guys.

This is actually common practice for any newly hired General Manager.  

You can be angry at Idzik for how he's handled some things, but this is one thing you cannot criticize him for. 

LOL, this must be a joke post.

he had no choice but to use the scout reports and suggestions from scouts/coaches on hand all year and then of course TRY and make up his own mind based on data from idiots. But he wasnt in any position to have data from his team like he will in 2014. Since he was cap guy last few years in Seattle what choice did he have a month before draft, LOL..

This is Candid camera for Jetnation, right Phil? LOL

LOL, this must be a joke post.

he had no choice but to use the scout report sand suggestions and then of course make up his own mind. But he wasnt in any position to have data form hi steam like he will in 2014. Since he wa scap guy last few years in Seattle what choice di dhe have a month before draft, LOL..

This is Candid camera for Jetnation, right Phil? LOL

He knew that the scouting staff he was walking into was incompetent and he knew he wasn't qualified to pick players. No?

By the time he was hired, the Senior Bowl was underway, and the Combine wasn't too far behind.  There's no way he could have fired the entire scouting department, replaced them with his guys, and have those guys go out and provide full scouting reports on free agents and draft prospects.  There simply wasn't enough time.  He used what was in place until the draft was over, then brought in his guys.

This is actually common practice for any newly hired General Manager.  

You can be angry at Idzik for how he's handled some things, but this is one thing you cannot criticize him for. 

sourceworx, please stop making so much sense, LOL

He knew that the scouting staff he was walking into was incompetent and he knew he wasn't qualified to pick players. No?

smh, I think in short time he had, per other guys post, he found out and reason he fired him  all.. There wasnt anything else for him to do but use data at hand.. Or Kipers book, lol

smh, I think in short time he had, per other guys post, he found out and reason he fired him  all.. There wasnt anything else for him to do but use data at hand.. Or Kipers book, lol

This seems to me like giving the benefit of the doubt in a situation where it hasn't been earned seeing as his FA moves and coaching hires were garbage too.

This seems to me like giving the benefit of the doubt in a situation where it hasn't been earned seeing as his FA moves and coaching hires were garbage too.

I think we need to see what a GM does in a horrific situation when he has had a year to prep for draft  w/his scouts/data requests and when he gets his system/HC in place.

Woody did Jets a dis-service by making new GM keep Rex.

But hey, I'm just a slug who Bleeds Green and doesnt know much.. 

I think we need to see what a GM does in a horrific situation when he has had a year to prep for draft  w/his scouts/data requests and when he gets his system/HC in place.

Woody did Jets a dis-service by making new GM keep Rex.

But hey, I'm just a slug who Bleeds Green and doesnt know much.. 

There were tons of players who signed for no money in FA who would've helped the Jets. Why do you have Dee Milliner and Walls instead of Brent Grimes? Why do we have Garrard instead of Josh McCown or Brian Hoyer? What about the genius move letting slausen walk? Remember Garay? Goodsen? His moves have been terrible across the board. 

There were tons of players who signed for no money in FA who would've helped the Jets. Why do you have Dee Milliner and Walls instead of Brent Grimes? Why do we have Garrard instead of Josh McCown or Brian Hoyer? What about the genius move letting slausen walk? Remember Garay? Goodsen? His moves have been terrible across the board. 

I guess armchair GMs/angry fans can do this for most teams.

I think we need to give him a year like I said and 2014 is fair game.

But I understand some folks want 16-0 and 7 perfect picks. Its human nature :)

Archived