This o-line stinks.

Kleckineau

It doesnt matter who is playing QB for this team at this point because behind this o-line anyone except  an exceptional scrambler in the mold of a Fran Tarkenton or Doug Flutie is getting killed.

D'Brick and Mangold ? They are both now living off rep only.

Time to blow this sh!t up.

While I don't disagree, the entire offense is being put in horrible positions.

Everybody knows the Jets want to run the ball and are not afraid of Geno or the WR's. So what do defenses do, they stack the box.

What do the Jets do, run right into that stacked box on almost every first and second down.

What happens, 2nd and 3rd and long almost every series.

Almost impossible for any o-line, especially when the opposing defense has no fear whatsoever of your QB or your WR's to beat them.

It's pretty simple, if the Jets don't dominate the line of scrimmage on first and second down against uneven numbers running the ball, they have no chance.

They did this against the Saints and won, its not a long term recipe for success in this league.

looking real close at that gif, the Tight end was the one who missed his block. also winters missed the blitzing linebacker. the other 4 OL did their jobs.

Winters is completely lost. Cumberland is a total liability in the passing game as a blocker. No QB would have had much of a chance here.

Dbrick and Mangold are like the only 2 players on this team that would actually start on any other team. The fact that the player between them is one of the worst starting guards in football is probably not a coincidence. 

Correction, on this offense... but yes, I agree completely. 

Brick, Mangold, Sheldon, Wilk, Snacks, Demorrio and Harris.

Not one other player on this roster is a full-time starter on other teams. 

Dbrick and Mangold are like the only 2 players on this team that would actually start on any other team. The fact that the player between them is one of the worst starting guards in football is probably not a coincidence. 

Tell me which teams would consider them an upgrade?  The other 5-7  or maybe 4-8, 3-9 teams?

Dbrick was beat like a rented mule on about 5-6 plays yesterday.

Mangold is not 1/2 the force he used to be.

Tell me which teams would consider them an upgrade?  The other 5-7  or maybe 4-8, 3-9 teams?

Dbrick was beat like a rented mule on about 5-6 plays yesterday.

Mangold is not 1/2 the force he used to be.

I could list the teams DBrick would start for but it's easier to list the teams he wouldn't Cleveland has Joe Thomas, Houston has Duane Brown, Niners have Joe Staley. Philly has Jason Peters. End of list. 

think Peyton Manning would rather have Dbrick and mangold instead of Chris Clark and Manny Ramirez? 

I could list the teams DBrick would start for but it's easier to list the teams he wouldn't Cleveland has Joe Thomas, Houston has Duane Brown, Niners have Joe Staley. Philly has Jason Peters. End of list. 

think Peyton Manning would rather have Dbrick and mangold instead of Chris Clark and Manny Ramirez? 

If Dbrick protected Mannings blind side like he has for Geno this year Peytons neck may become unglued.

It doesnt matter who is playing QB for this team at this point because behind this o-line anyone except  an exceptional scrambler in the mold of a Fran Tarkenton or Doug Flutie is getting killed.

D'Brick and Mangold ? They are both now living off rep only.

Time to blow this sh!t up.

Ferguson is - and has been for years  -vastly OVERRATED. Mangold is still solid and Winters has upside. Howard is so-so and Colon is a good run blocker and little else. Plus with his bad knees he has to anticipate snaps and that causes him to jump offside a lot. I agree though, it's time to blow this line up, sign a solid FA LT and build it from there. Jets QB's from Sanchez to Smith suck, but most of the time they are killed by the time they set their feet.

No. Mangold for sure, but D'Brick is almost as bad as Wayne Hunter. He was beat like a drum twice and built his rep with guys like Fanaca and Pete Kendall next to him protecting his right side. Without them Ferguson has been beaten inside and out.

Archived