Ryan Set Up to Fail

flgreen

Ya don't say???

But at least the super awesome GM who's never picked a Head Coach gets to this year. Maybe he can get his boys over and Korn and Ferry to help. I'm looking forward to it because you know that firing Rex = a QB and all the Jets problems are solved.

I don't think that is the case at all. But I think it is pretty safe to say if we keep throwing QB's at Rex our QB problem will never be solved.

You were raving about Smith early on, now he sucks horribly.

What gives you any confidence whatsoever that Rex can develop a QB?

I don't have any confidence that he can, none in Marty, and I think Idzik is the least qualified of all to be making QB decisions yet he appears to.

Poor Rex, his roster decisions over the years have been top notch, his attention to the offense constantly undermined, his desire to build a modern day offense has been unwavering, his player development has been first rate, his ability to adapt has been unparalleled. And he is constantly being put in bad situations by mean GM's who have it out for him and will not find Peyton Manning for him.

Unfair!

Contract extension for life!

Defensive mastermind!

Great post done with the appropriate amount of sarcasm.

The loudest voices in the room for the Jets over the past 10 years or so have all been defense oriented folks. And especially since Rex has been here...the ability of this organization to properly scout/judge offensive players has been dismal. Pettine, Rex ad in turn Tannenbaum all pushed defense. Tanny was drawn to Rex and basically by osmosis became a defense guy too.

I'd suggest reading the Collisions book...the insight into the Jets draft process is tremendous. The time the team spent scouting defense vs offense is really something.

Archived