With the 18th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the NY Jets Select?

Lupz27

We seriously need a receiver out of this draft I hope one falls to us. My hope is Evans will but I think Lee will have the best shot at falling to #18. If a receiver doesn't fall to us I think we should look to address the O-line. Does anyone know where Jake Matthews is projected to go and if he is strictly a tackle or is he an option at guard?

Yea Matthews is considered the top Tackle in the draft. The Jets can take BAP rd 1, and take 2 WR's with their next 3 picks, and come away with a very good haul of players, this draft is very deep at 2nd, and 3rd round WR's, and top heavy with the 1st 3.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea Matthews is considered the top Tackle in the draft. The Jets can take BAP rd 1, and take 2 WR's with their next 3 picks, and come away with a very good haul of players, this draft is very deep at 2nd, and 3rd round WR's, and top heavy with the 1st 3.

Hope 1 of those 3 fall so badly. If BAP ultimately translates to a CB at #18...

But if the top tier WR's are gone before 18, it isn't a dumb move.  Why reach for a guy you can get in rounds 2 or 3, basing the pick strictly on need.  Yes, the fallout will be epic.

I agree.  I'd rather have a Pro Bowl corner than reach for another Stephen Hill.  It would make the decision to let Cromartie go a lot easier.

Archived