With the 18th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the NY Jets Select?

Lupz27

I just googled his 40 time.4.42. Did you know he raced Vick this year and Vick beat him? That's nuts.

Yea McCoy has lost a step, or 2 the last 2 years, had a lot of injuries, but never lost that agility, vision, patience, quickness, and ankle breaking moves. Quickness is the word I'd use, he doesn't have that last gear to pull away from guys with similar speed like a Charles, but moves at his top speed almost immediately which sets him apart from others IMO.

Like you said you know what I mean lol.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just googled his 40 time.4.42. Did you know he raced Vick this year and Vick beat him? That's nuts.

Doesnt surprise me I guess. Football's all about being able to run the same speed while making a cut. Vick straight ahead is still a burner...it just takes longer for him to stop and get going again. Mccoy does everything at the same speed.

< 4 YPC and a long of 30 yards -- the explosiveness is gone. He's clearly not the same guy and won't come at a bargain salary.

They stuck him in between the tackles too much in Tennessee. He's not an every down back, never should have been asked to do it but they overpaid and expectations became unreasonable. As far as salary, that would obviously be the unknown stipulation. But for non feature back money that would be the guy I'm targeting for what they need.

His better days are gone and he'll want to much. On top of the fact the Jets do awful with older superstars.

He's 28 hits 1000 yards with a sh*tty QB every year. I think he needs a change of scenery and slow down on rushes. Perfect fit for MM's offense.

Best available back who fits the Offense.

Salary is obviously a possible stipulation. But he already made his big coin. That Might help.

He's 28 hits 1000 yards with a sh*tty QB every year. I think he needs a change of scenery and slow down on rushes. Perfect fit for MM's offense.

Salary is obviously a possible stipulation. But he already made his big coin. That Might help.

I just expect the worst when players like that come to the Jets. Farve might be the only superstar that's come to the Jets and did anything.

I don't think he fits MM's offense, he does not catch the ball out of the back field very good.

Hopefully, that's Mike Goodson.

Yes, I think young QB needs escape valve,,comes in 2 ways,,pass catch RB, aka Gio Bernard type that I think Woodsen can fill or a new hybrid JimmyGraham type TE who mismatches w/LBs and is open all time close to line of scrimmage. I like Eric Ebron in draft for this unless MM thinks one of Jets on roster can fill this role.

Yes, I think young QB needs escape valve,,comes in 2 ways,,pass catch RB, aka Gio Bernard type that I think Woodsen can fill or a new hybrid JimmyGraham type TE who mismatches w/LBs and is open all time close to line of scrimmage. I like Eric Ebron in draft for this unless MM thinks one of Jets on roster can fill this role.

A quality TE is a young QB's best friend. Cumberland is serviceable, but it would be great if he was the team's second TE.

A quality TE is a young QB's best friend. Cumberland is serviceable, but it would be great if he was the team's second TE.

+1000

yup, quality depth in case of emergency..Get Eric Ebron Idzik,,,,,,,,,,,please (it will take a tradeup however, everything I hear is Steelers will NOT let Ebron by them at 15)

+1000

yup, quality depth in case of emergency..Get Eric Ebron Idzik,,,,,,,,,,,please (it will take a tradeup however, everything I hear is Steelers will NOT let Ebron by them at 15)

From what I hear, I'd be almost as happy with Amaro. I'd rather take him than trade up. Plus, Amaro is like 265, he's a true hybrid.

You guys in North Carolina love them some Ebron 

Hey most have him in Top15-20 and many media outlets report Steelers will not let him past them at 15. He is a Jimmy Graham type TE,,mismatch city and safety valve for young QB

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000267930/article/north-carolinas-eric-ebron-could-be-nfls-next-great-tight-end

Hey most have him in Top15-20 and many media outlets report Steelers will not let him past them at 15. He is a Jimmy Graham type TE,,mismatch city and safety valve for young QB

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000267930/article/north-carolinas-eric-ebron-could-be-nfls-next-great-tight-end

I know all about him-I watch college games. I was waiting for your reply

I know all about him-I watch college games. I was waiting for your reply

hey I wanted Gio so bad last year (sent 3 emails to Jets Front Office, LOL..I also sent get Russ Wilson emails 2 years ago),,This year my pleas is Ebron,,solves several issues for Jets

I don't think he fits MM's offense, he does not catch the ball out of the back field very good.

Well that's just not true, lol.

Well, he averages about 50 receptions a season. Powell caught 36  and Ivory 2. 

^^^

Watching him play this year it doesn't seem like the elusiveness and speed are gone honestly.  Can't believe how often I saw him getting hit practically as soon as he touched the ball.  One of the fantasy guru's did a "Does the Titans O-line block worse for CJ than the other backs in Tenn?" blurb early or mid way through the season (and admittedly, others argued this wasn't the case...so meh).

He's got a mouth on him but unlike some of the folks we've brought in, he does have the skill to back it up.  Doubt he'll end up here as RB is our lowest priority and they may be fine with Ivory/Powell/Goodson...but he's certainly still a skilled player.

Archived