Johnny Football headed to the NFL

Bob

Wilson's rarely had the opportunity to have to sling it around or put together a comeback. Saying he's a product of being on an awesome team ...I think that's yet to be determined. The Falcon playoff game he was as good of a passer I've seen....and was forced to play from behind.

I'm just reporting what Cossell said and he's not one to have an opinion either way.  It doesn't really matter, as he and Seattle already have a ring.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just reporting what Cossell said and he's not one to have an opinion either way. It doesn't really matter, as he and Seattle already have a ring.

True. I sweat Wilson....think he's that good. Time will tell I guess.

Love Luck too, the thing with him though is he doesn't remind me of anyone so maybe that's why I'm not as crazy about him.

Thanks... it's one of those "not leaving until they throw me out on my ass" type jobs.

I hope that THJ isn't one of those players whose game will be exposed the more time he spends on the court.  I think that, as Knicks fans, we have a tendency to annoint guys - especially our draft picks - as the second coming so quickly, because we only pick in the 1st Rd once every other year (thank you, Ted Stepien) and have had miserable success doing so.  I mean, have the Knicks drafted a player that made an ASG while still with the team since Ewing?

All that asskissing worked?  Should have had them try it sooner.  Welcome back.  I have one of those jobs too.  Unfortunately my term is up at the end of July, so who knows what is next?  Ugh. 

True. I sweat Wilson....think he's that good. Time will tell I guess.

Love Luck too, the thing with him though is he doesn't remind me of anyone so maybe that's why I'm not as crazy about him.

Funny.  Not reminding me of someone else is something I like. 

All that asskissing worked? Should have had them try it sooner. Welcome back. I have one of those jobs too. Unfortunately my term is up at the end of July, so who knows what is next? Ugh.

Funny. Not reminding me of someone else is something I like.

Definitely not a bad thing but I'm just lazy. Rodgers doesn't really either.

All that asskissing worked?  Should have had them try it sooner.  Welcome back.  I have one of those jobs too.  Unfortunately my term is up at the end of July, so who knows what is next?  

This was one of those "who you know, not what you know" opportunities. I still had to ace two full days of interviewing from both a technical and fit standpoint, but it really underscored the importance of networking and staying in touch with as many former colleagues as possible - at least the ones you think could be useful to you in the future. I would have never known about the position otherwise, as they generally fill the few openings they have through referrals without needing to resort to headhunters.

Best of luck on having your contract renewed or landing somewhere else favorable.

I was listening to Cossell on Colin Cowherd's show this morning and he said that he's talked to "5 or 6 extremely well-respected coaches in the league, who've worked on the offensive side of the ball for their entire career and they've all unanimously stated that Wilson is a slightly above average QB on a very good team." He went on to say that he's a good manager of situations, but is nothing more than a good piece on a very, very talented team and that if you compare or say he's better than Andrew Luck, every single person in Indi would laugh you out of the room and ask you how you could even fathom that as a possibility.  This then goes along with, if people are thinking Manziel's ceiling could be Wilson, they will be shell-shocked when he's asked to carry a sub-par team, coupled with his sh*tty attitude.

Certainly the book has yet to be written on Wilson, but I was just commenting on the mere fact that he's been a viable starter - regardless of his supporting cast - lessens the stigma against sub-6' QB's to some degree.

This was one of those "who you know, not what you know" opportunities. I still had to ace two full days of interviewing from both a technical and fit standpoint, but it really underscored the importance of networking and staying in touch with as many former colleagues as possible - at least the ones you think could be useful to you in the future. I would have never known about the position otherwise, as they generally fill the few openings they have through referrals without needing to resort to headhunters.

Best of luck on having your contract renewed or landing somewhere else favorable.

Ha!  That is how I ended up here.  You wouldn't know it, but I am a friendly guy!

Ha!  That is how I ended up here.  You wouldn't know it, but I am a friendly guy!

The other key thing is being able to drive a conversation, which is something in which I excel - mostly due to being a cocky a$$hole. I'd be terrible in any type of sales position as I'm not enough of a dick (or the right type of dick) to easily close people, but I know how to read the situation, when to interject my thoughts, and most importantly during the social part of the interview, avoid dead air by bantering about non-controversial topics without coming across as a blabber mouth.

I've conducted a fair number of interviews and a lack of confidence is the first thing that stands out to me.

I was listening to Cossell on Colin Cowherd's show this morning and he said that he's talked to "5 or 6 extremely well-respected coaches in the league, who've worked on the offensive side of the ball for their entire career and they've all unanimously stated that Wilson is a slightly above average QB on a very good team." He went on to say that he's a good manager of situations, but is nothing more than a good piece on a very, very talented team and that if you compare or say he's better than Andrew Luck, every single person in Indi would laugh you out of the room and ask you how you could even fathom that as a possibility. This then goes along with, if people are thinking Manziel's ceiling could be Wilson, they will be shell-shocked when he's asked to carry a sub-par team, coupled with his sh*tty attitude.

They used to do this with Montana v Elway, too.

They used to do this with Montana v Elway, too.

I actually like Wilson a lot, but I also notice he's thrown the ball less than anyone the last two years and has benefited from probably the best team in football. Now, that's not his fault and he did have some very good games.  I just think Luck is in a totally different category than Wilson or RGIII and would like to see what Wilson will do when some guys leave in order to get paid. But the reality is, he and Seattle already have a ring, which can never be taken away. 

Archived