Have a good Jets vibe about 2014. Zona in Feb 2015?

SouthernJet

If last year was any indication, the haters will be screaming louder and faster after wins, in an effort to make sure that no one signed up here on the site enjoys the Jets winning a football game.

Good Point, and is there a hint of accusatory tones toward me?

Cause if their is, I plead guilty as charged.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were out of the playoffs the last 3 weeks that matters. When we were 5-4 we lost. 3 in a row when it mattered. That counts

I never once said that what you presented doesn't count. What I see however is that anything bad towards Geno counts but not the reason behind it. Furthermore, when he gets his reliable target back and ends the season on a high note then that doesn't count. They ALL COUNT. People nitpick based on their personal feelings on Geno, not based on the entire fact of the matter.

I never once said that what you presented doesn't count. What I see however is that anything bad towards Geno counts but not the reason behind it. Furthermore, when he gets his reliable target back and ends the season on a high note then that doesn't count. They ALL COUNT. People nitpick based on their personal feelings on Geno, not based on the entire fact of the matter.

The Jets can't allow themselves to be in a position next year where losing Jeremy Kerley results in the entire passing offense falling apart. They need a major revamping of the WR/TE positions. Really need to bring in no less than three capable starters there.

Geno had a rough season, but ended on a high note. He knows the offense now, and should be spending the offseason working on his craft. For their part, the Jets need to bring in a couple QBs, too, at least one of which is also starting caliber.

Big chunks of those cap dollars and draft picks need to be invested in the passing game.

The Jets can't allow themselves to be in a position next year where losing Jeremy Kerley results in the entire passing offense falling apart. They need a major revamping of the WR/TE positions. Really need to bring in no less than three capable starters there.

Geno had a rough season, but ended on a high note. He knows the offense now, and should be spending the offseason working on his craft. For their part, the Jets need to bring in a couple QBs, too, at least one of which is also starting caliber.

Big chunks of those cap dollars and draft picks need to be invested in the passing game.

I agree

Do u really think geno is the guy I don't think the jets think he is !

He was passed up by every team in the NFL, at least once, some twice, after at one time or another, being thought of as the #1 pick. He finished DEAD LAST in QBR rating in the NFL. He has major issues, with accuracy, ball security, decision making, and reading defenses.

Now remember, this is a franchise that thought SANCHEZ was the guy, so anything is possible BUT hopefully, the change from Tannenbaum to Idzik changes that, although Idzik did draft Geno, so he may feel some sort of bond with Geno, but I doubt it, and trust him to be able to bring in a couple capable QB's through free agency and the draft.

He was passed up by every team in the NFL, at least once, some twice, after at one time or another, being thought of as the #1 pick. He finished DEAD LAST in QBR rating in the NFL. He has major issues, with accuracy, ball security, decision making, and reading defenses.

Now remember, this is a franchise that thought SANCHEZ was the guy, so anything is possible BUT hopefully, the change from Tannenbaum to Idzik changes that, although Idzik did draft Geno, so he may feel some sort of bond with Geno, but I doubt it, and trust him to be able to bring in a couple capable QB's through free agency and the draft.

The Jets were also dead last in the NFL for talent at the skillset positions. I'd assume that it had a major impact on the rookie QB when it comes to decision making. It was either "throw it to Kerley or the guy we got off the street 4 days ago". lol. Im making light of it a bit but I feel that many of these categories would be more positive if we have more talent around him. Just look at his numbers when Kerley was on the field and when he wasnt. Its rather telling, and thats with just a slot receiver. Imagine if you gave him an actual #1 receiver and a solid #2. 

Geno's not elite, but I think we can win with him if we spread the talent around and not simply make it all about the QB. Peyton Manning is my favorite QB of all time and he only has 1 ring, So does Brees, Rodgers etc. Bottomline is that Eli Manning has more rings not because he's better than these guys, but because the Giants was spreading the wealth in regards to talent at different positions.

Thats how you win championship(s) without an elite QB. Simply make him good enough through the talent you provide. Whats funny is that all the Giant fans that I'm around cant understand the concept. They love to hate Eli for some reason! 

The Jets were also dead last in the NFL for talent at the skillset positions. I'd assume that it had a major impact on the rookie QB when it comes to decision making. It was either "throw it to Kerley or the guy we got off the street 4 days ago". lol. Im making light of it a bit but I feel that many of these categories would be more positive if we have more talent around him. Just look at his numbers when Kerley was on the field and when he wasnt. Its rather telling, and thats with just a slot receiver. Imagine if you gave him an actual #1 receiver and a solid #2. 

Geno's not elite, but I think we can win with him if we spread the talent around and not simply make it all about the QB. Peyton Manning is my favorite QB of all time and he only has 1 ring, So does Brees, Rodgers etc. Bottomline is that Eli Manning has more rings not because he's better than these guys, but because the Giants was spreading the wealth in regards to talent at different positions.

Thats how you win championship(s) without an elite QB. Simply make him good enough through the talent you provide. Whats funny is that all the Giant fans that I'm around cant understand the concept. They love to hate Eli for some reason! 

All fair points. Giants fans should be ecstatic they have that guy. All they need to do is llok across the stadium to us and see what happens when your QB is awful.

if jets make playoffs next year--enormous if--then maybe i will jump on bandwagon for 2015-2016

I will jump on the bandwagon this coming season if the Jets make the playoffs. After all I am a Jet fan albeit a disgruntled, realist, Jet fan who doesnt look at this team through darkly colored green glasses.

Now do I expect them to make the playoffs with this coach and this QB? Absolutely NOT, but if Idzik can find a REAL QB (like Manziel, or Vick or someone else), and REX stays away from the offensive side of the ball, and has some discipline on this team, then you never know.

I will jump on the bandwagon this coming season if the Jets make the playoffs. After all I am a Jet fan albeit a disgruntled, realist, Jet fan who doesnt look at this team through darkly colored green glasses.

Now do I expect them to make the playoffs with this coach and this QB? Absolutely NOT, but if Idzik can find a REAL QB (like Manziel, or Vick or someone else), and REX stays away from the offensive side of the ball, and has some discipline on this team, then you never know.

Agree with the second part--enough bs put together an average offense at least. But i am much more disgruntled than you :)

Archived