$. CB

5. QB

6.LB

7. RB

8.T

9. Trade

not necesarly in this order, but these are the positions I would draft, 

Idzik probably has his own priorities, but I couldn't see the Jets not going

after a S, TE, 2 Receivers, and late picks who knows ? 

The Jets have a lot of needs and the free agent class is weak,

but you have to wonder what positions will be adressed in this

draft.  My predictions:

1. 2 WR 

2. TE

3. S

$. CB

5. QB

6.LB

7. RB

8.T

9. Trade

not necesarly in this order, but these are the positions I would draft, 

Idzik probably has his own priorities, but I couldn't see the Jets not going

after a S, TE, 2 Receivers, and late picks who knows ? 

G?

Willie Colon is an injury prone penalty machine and a FA.  Winters graded out pretty poorly at LG.  Not sure I have to mention him, but Ducasse is a FA too. 

G?

Willie Colon is an injury prone penalty machine and a FA.  Winters graded out pretty poorly at LG.  Not sure I have to mention him, but Ducasse is a FA too. 

Not arguing that Colon commits a lot penalties.  He certainly does.  But he brought an attitude to our O-Line that I thought was great.  Plus he was solid in the running game.  I don't know what he can get in free agency, but if the Jets can sign him to a similar deal to the one he had last year, I think they should keep him around.

Mind you, if they did re-sign him, I wouldn't want that to deter them from drafting another guard.

Not arguing that Colon commits a lot penalties.  He certainly does.  But he brought an attitude to our O-Line that I thought was great.  Plus he was good in the running game.  I don't know what he can get in free agency, but if the Jets can sign him to a similar deal to the one he had last year, I think they should keep him around.

Mind you, if they did re-sign him, I wouldn't want that to deter them from drafting another guard.

Yeah, I'd like him back too, but he is no slam dunk.  He only played 1 game in 2012 and 11 in 2012, apparently led the NFL in penalties in 2012 (despite playing only 11 games!) and is coming off a significant injury to his biceps.  Also, the Falcons are supposedly interested.   

Yeah, I'd like him back too, but he is no slam dunk.  He only played 1 game in 2012 and 11 in 2012, apparently led the NFL in penalties in 2012 (despite playing only 11 games!) and is coming off a significant injury to his biceps.  Also, the Falcons are supposedly interested.   

I read that today also.  But they want him on the cheap.  

I wonder if this was part of the master plan of signing players from the area.  Isn't Colon a Bronx kid? That way if their FA time comes up, they're deciding between two teams, and the money is in the same ballpark, the players might decide to stay close to fam and friends and sign with us.  

I read that today also.  But they want him on the cheap.  

I wonder if this was part of the master plan of signing players from the area.  Isn't Colon a Bronx kid? That way if their FA time comes up, they're deciding between two teams, and the money is in the same ballpark, the players might decide to stay close to fam and friends and sign with us.  

We want him on the cheap too! The more people that want a guy the price of cheap keeps going up.  You have to figure that Idzik had hoped that Peterman and Colon were one year rentals and that they'd find two long-term starters from Winters, Aboushi, Campbell and even Ducasse.  Now they look to be in the market for signing two more guards.  If they like Iljana and feel Winters can kick it up maybe one. 

We want him on the cheap too! The more people that want a guy the price of cheap keeps going up.  You have to figure that Idzik had hoped that Peterman and Colon were one year rentals and that they'd find two long-term starters from Winters, Aboushi, Campbell and even Ducasse.  Now they look to be in the market for signing two more guards.  If they like Iljana and feel Winters can kick it up maybe one. 

Incognito to the rescue!!!

Seriously though.  Yes, we want players as cheap as we can get them.  I'd have to imagine that if our numbers are in the ballpark of another team's numbers, then the pain in the ass of moving, coupled with the distance from friends and family sways things in our favor.  

Brilliant strategy. 

I will generally be happy to have any player that will help the team, but I do not want Richie Incognito.  I followed him when he was with the Rams and he is a penalty machine and a douche.  Pass. 

Maybe he can whip Ducasse, and Aboushi into shape.  Put a clause in his contract he can't attend any fund raising golf tournaments 

G?

G?

Colon is gone due to injury and age, I figure we sign 2 FA agent guards and still have Winters and Campbell.

We don't need another rookie lineman this year, no way, Best FA guard available, I could see a rook S but another

rook guard, wouldn't be surprised to see C and G picked, just not early.

2QB's 2WR's 1 RB 2 Corners 1 safety 1 TE, 2 LBs, 1OG=12picks

1QB if they trade up to get Bridgewater or Manziel.

2QB's 2WR's 1 RB 2 Corners 1 safety 1 TE, 2 LBs, 1OG=12picks

1QB if they trade up to get Bridgewater or Manziel.

I think Simms is fine at 3rd QB, if they see 2 corners they like maybe, but I think they may go FA for 2  corners

and draft a third, and I think Pace and Barnes will be back, limiting the need for the extra LB, maybe 2 TE.  This

draft will be interesting and I'm sure IDZ will throw us a least one screwball.

I think Simms is fine at 3rd QB, if they see 2 corners they like maybe, but I think they may go FA for 2  corners

and draft a third, and I think Pace and Barnes will be back, limiting the need for the extra LB, maybe 2 TE.  This

draft will be interesting and I'm sure IDZ will throw us a least one screwball.

For sure, and in reality, our draft needs come May will be completely different based on what Idzik does in FA.

Archived