Mark Sanchez

Smashmouth

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets with Favre : Got the best TEE TIMES at many TPC courses

Honestly, coming off the TN win I (and many others) thought we had a legitimate shot to win it all that year. There wasn't a second that anyone ever thought the Phins were going to do anything in 08.

I'll take that high over slipping into playoffs and getting a beat down any day.

Honestly, coming off the TN win I (and many others) thought we had a legitimate shot to win it all that year. There wasn't a second that anyone ever thought the Phins were going to do anything in 08.

I'll take that high over slipping into playoffs and getting a beat down any day.

Your kidding right? We are 8-3 and flying high, and completely choke, and don't even make the playoffs? What.

How about looking up how many teams are 8-3 and DONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS? I'll bet the answer is ONE.

Yeah, I'll take an ALL-TIME CHOKE over winning the division and Playoffs any day.

WOW.

Beating the Patriots on the road in the playoffs was the best moment for me as a Jets fan, topping even being in attendance for the 41-0 blowout of the Colts at home in '02.  I was too young (12) to appreciate that '98 season.

I'll take all 3 of those years with playoff victories over that 2008 campaign any day.  Even at 8-3 you just knew we weren't as good as we were playing because our defense was awful.  Did I expect to end up 9-7?  No.  But it didn't quite feel like we were a Super Bowl contender, either, even at 8-3.  '98 and 2010 were simply stronger teams.  Too bad we didn't have Favre on that '10 or '09 team.

Your kidding right? We are 8-3 and flying high, and completely choke, and don't even make the playoffs? What.

How about looking up how many teams are 8-3 and DONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS? I'll bet the answer is ONE.

Yeah, I'll take an ALL-TIME CHOKE over winning the division and Playoffs any day.

WOW.

Favre got hurt, but regardless. Yes cause what I am saying is that the average Jet fan felt better in week 12 then the average dolphin fan felt at any point during the season. The high was higher

Beating the Patriots on the road in the playoffs was the best moment for me as a Jets fan, topping even being AT the 41-0 blowout of the Colts at home in '02.  I was too young (12) to appreciate that '98 season.

I'll take all 3 of those years with playoff victories over that 2008 campaign any day.  Even at 8-3 you just knew we weren't as good as we were playing because our defense was awful.  Did I expect to end up 9-7?  No.  But it didn't quite feel like we were a Super Bowl contender, either.  '98 and 2010 were simply stronger teams.  Too bad we didn't have Favre on that '10 team.

Go hug something. Who is talking about Jets history, I am comparing the 2008 Jets to the 2008 Dolphins, whose embarrassing playoff loss was inevitable.

And speak for yourself, pounding a 10-0 team on the road after beating the Pats had us looking very legit

Favre got hurt, but regardless. Yes cause what I am saying is that the average Jet fan felt better in week 12 then the average dolphin fan felt at any point during the season. The high was higher

If your goal is feel higher than Dolphins fans I think your standards are too low.  We all felt better than any NFL fan after beating the Pats in '10.  That high was way higher. 

Beating the Patriots on the road in the playoffs was the best moment for me as a Jets fan, topping even being in attendance for the 41-0 blowout of the Colts at home in '02.  I was too young (12) to appreciate that '98 season.

I'll take all 3 of those years with playoff victories over that 2008 campaign any day.  Even at 8-3 you just knew we weren't as good as we were playing because our defense was awful.  Did I expect to end up 9-7?  No.  But it didn't quite feel like we were a Super Bowl contender, either, even at 8-3.  '98 and 2010 were simply stronger teams.  Too bad we didn't have Favre on that '10 or '09 team.

80, just out of curiosity, because you seem to know all this stuff:

Are the Jets the only 8-3 team to NOT make the playoffs? Just curious?

If your goal is feel higher than Dolphins fans I think your standards are too low.  We all felt better than any NFL fan after beating the Pats in '10.  That high was way higher. 

Again, not talking about Jets history.

And fwiw,  GB was coming off of a whopping of Atlanta and had a QB playing lights out. I imagine they felt a little better

So now as Jet fans, we are relegated to a great "high", because we win a big regular season game, and making the playoffs is not even on the radar so we have to celebrate "great" mid-season wins.

No wonder a few Jets like Wilkerson were saying that the Miami game this year was our "Superbowl", and no wonder this franchise keeps REX, He loves to celebrate meaningless wins.

Sorry, Playoffs, super bowl or BUST, Mid-season games are just stepping stones to the playoffs, not "our superbowl"

Wow.

Phins with Pennington :Division champs

Jets with Favre: Making tee times

Doing all that animal tranquilizer will catch up with you ...

Had Favre not injured his shoulder (which he played through, be that right or wrong) the history books would be reading quite differently about the last part of that season.

Not for nothing but at the 8-3 mark were coming off a road blowout win over the last undefeated team left in the league that year. 

At that moment, the Jets were arguably the best football team on the planet. 

Not for nothing but at the 8-3 mark were coming off a road blowout win over the last undefeated team left in the league that year. 

Yes, and that's what makes it another EPIC JETS collapse. But that's OK, we got a "high" from a meaningless mid-season game.

Again, has any 8-3 team NOT made the playoffs?

Doing all that animal tranquilizer will catch up with you ...

Had Favre not injured his shoulder (which he played through, be that right or wrong) the history books would be reading quite differently about the last part of that season.

Actually Animal steroids like "Winstrol" and "Equipoise" work even better.

So now as Jet fans, we are relegated to a great "high", because we win a big regular season game, and making the playoffs is not even on the radar so we have to celebrate "great" mid-season wins.

No wonder a few Jets like Wilkerson were saying that the Miami game this year was our "Superbowl", and no wonder this franchise keeps REX, He loves to celebrate meaningless wins.

Sorry, Playoffs, super bowl or BUST, Mid-season games are just stepping stones to the playoffs, not "our superbowl"

Wow.

If midseason victories dont excite you and are meaningless, then why do you watch the regular season at all?

You're not allowed to enjoy beating teams during the regular season because JoeWillie said so.

Yes, and that's what makes it another EPIC JETS collapse. But that's OK, we got a "high" from a meaningless mid-season game.

Quite a few actually. 

I would rather have the memory of that win at that moment, than realizing my team only wound up winning the division because the best two teams lost their QB in week 1 and had their QB play the last 7 weeks of the season with a bum throwing shoulder and then get gutted in the playoffs. 

Wow.

What are you talking about, I am knocking the phins and their meaningless division win.. not touting the Jets...

My point is that the dolphins were a paper division champion, it was very clear that they weren't winning sh*t that year so who the **** cares that they won the division. They got exposed as the losers they were the next week, and the QB was the prime culprit

If midseason victories dont excite you and are meaningless, then why do you watch the regular season at all?

Have to gauge our level of play, should we actually make the playoffs. And if we don't, have to evaluate the talent to know who to keep, who to discard, come this time of year.

For example, This years regular season games showed us that our QB is a backup, that our d-line ate studs, that our secondary is horrific, and that our coach is clueless. Great use of regular season games, but to CELEBRATE and call it our "superbowl" Please stop.

What are you talking about, I am knocking the phins and their meaningless division win.. not touting the Jets...

My point is that the dolphins were a paper division champion, it was very clear that they weren't winning sh*t that year so who the **** cares that they won the division. They got exposed as the losers they were the next week, and the QB was the prime culprit

Who was that QB?  :confused0006:

Much better to have the high of "winning the division" knowing full well that you weren't accomplishing anything more?

Have to gauge our level of play, should we actually make the playoffs. And if we don't, have to evaluate the talent to know who to keep, who to discard, come this time of year.

For example, This years regular season games showed us that our QB is a backup, that our d-line ate studs, that our secondary is horrific, and that our coach is clueless. Great use of regular season games, but to CELEBRATE and call it our "superbowl" Please stop.

:rl:

I don't know where to start. 

Quite a few actually. 

I would rather have the memory of that win at that moment, than realizing my team only wound up winning the division because the best two teams lost their QB in week 1 and had their QB play the last 7 weeks of the season with a bum throwing shoulder and then get gutted in the playoffs. 

Quite a few?

Off hand , besides the Jets, I  cant think of any.

Could you please list teams and years?

I know this is a crazy thought...but some people enjoy things in different way for different reasons.

WOW.

Let me see if I understand what you're getting at...

Are you saying that the Jets would've been a better/more successful team in 2008 if they had Pennington at QB? The same Chad Pennington who QB'd that same Jet team to a 1-7 record the year before? Is that your thesis?

Let me see if I understand what you're getting at...

Are you saying that the Jets would've been a better/more successful team in 2008 if they had Pennington at QB? The same Chad Pennington who QB'd that same Jet team to a 1-7 record the year before? Is that your thesis?

Uh, considering what the records of the PHINS was compared to the JETS that year, how could you come to any other conclusion? Or did I misinterpret your question and it was actually RHETORICAL?

Archived