#1 receivers

Jetknowledge

Agreed.

The people complaining about "needing" a #1 WR are just repeating a soundbyte, they aren't actually considering that we've watched decades of football where teams don't have a #1 WR and yet they still have guys with skillsets that match the system, chemistry between players, and numbers get produced... points get scored.

I listed a handful of non-ideal #1 WRs that have excelled over the years in another thread.

Ultimately, anyone running with this narrative is just manufacturing something to 1.) be pissed off about, or 2.) sound like they might know what they are talking about.

jerry rice, michael irvin, terrell owens who in his only season with the eagles took them to a superbowl, and anquan boldin with the ravens were 1s..

Even though I believe in a receiving core, revis will get on and lock down whoever belichick feels is the best receiver.

All I want is a receiver I feel is a top playmaker. I love the decker deal, he's not a headcase, he's young, and he's a very good receiver. But he has the skill set of a move the chains guy.

Guys Jets ARE NOT drafting WR in Round 1 outside of some crazy miracle Watkins gets caught smoking crack between now, and the draft. Like it, or not (the Jets management, and coaches don't give a sh*t what your opinion, or mine is on the talent on their roster) Stephen Hill is still considered part of the future plans (he is younger than Kelvin Benjamin, and has 2 years of NFL experience), and we signed Nelson to a 2 year deal.

David Nelson was signed to an extension because no one knew for sure we'd be getting an Eric Decker.  He's not anything more than a # 4.  And as for Hill, John Idzik did not draft him.  Rex Ryan went on record SAYING he didn't want Hill.  The only reason he's here still is there were minimal gains to be made cap-wise by cutting him.  He'll play out his rookie contract and we'll hope the lightbulb goes on for him. 

Nelson and Hill will have no bearing on who we choose at 18.  That's ludicrous.

Archived