Some changes in the Jets scouting department

faba

PM ET
By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com
The New York Jets have made changes in their scouting department. 

David Boller, who scouted the West region, was relieved of his duties after only one year, the team confirmed. This came as a surprise because he was hired by general manager John Idzik amid last year's department shakeup. 

To replace Boller and Aaron Glenn, who left two weeks ago to become the Cleveland Browns' assistant secondary coach, the Jets announced the hirings of Johnathon Stigall and Seth Turner. 

Stigall came from the Browns, where he spent the past four seasons scouting the Midland and Southwest regions. Prior to that, he scouted for the Philadelphia EaglesMiami Dolphins and Chicago Bears. Turner worked previously for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where he scouted for 13 years. He worked the Midwest and Northwest. 

Only two of the Jets' seven area scouts are holdovers from the previous administration.

They dumped the guy from the West already?  I wonder what they didn't like.  I'd guess he should have been the main guy on Evans and Reilly. 

My guess he didnt integrate Idziks wishes into his scouting. Its hard to do to look at a kid thru a GM's desires for his system.

My guess he didnt integrate Idziks wishes into his scouting. Its hard to do to look at a kid thru a GM's desires for his system.

Yeah.  I read somewhere that they care more about the reports than any ability to judge talent. They are all going to take a hard look at anybody they are interested in, but they want the report to mirror their "vision"

Yeah.  I read somewhere that they care more about the reports than any ability to judge talent. They are all going to take a hard look at anybody they are interested in, but they want the report to mirror their "vision"

TPS reports ?

Archived