MNF Chargers vs Cardinals

BallinPB

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree on Rivers, Palmer hasn't been good in a long, long time.

Palmer's awesome. Woulda/Coulda/Shoulda been an elite one, had to settle for being an above average starter in a league that doesn't really have time for that. Rivers is an elite guy THO, one of the best in the league. 

Definitely better than Revis. He gave up fewer TDs and didn't cramp up from the heat this weekend.

Palmer's awesome. Woulda/Coulda/Shoulda been an elite one, had to settle for being an above average starter in a league that doesn't really have time for that. Rivers is an elite guy THO, one of the best in the league.

Hasn't been above average since early days in Cincy.

Villain The Foe, if I had a football team as of right now you'd be my GM.. or head scout your choice.

I've hit at times (Alshon Jeffery, Tyrann mathieu) and missed at times (Mohammed Wilkerson, Russell Wilson). 

You win some, you lose some. There was a guy who I actually haven't seen here for a while, I think his name was Vicious86, He absolutely nailed it on Russell Wilson. He was speaking highly on him before anyone else I seen. I will forever give him props on that one. 

Yes he is, and on my fantasy team.

Mine as well, though I had him on the bench. I ended up winning this week but I started TY Hilton, Cordarrelle Patterson and Golden Tate. Next week I will be sitting Hilton for Floyd. 

Speaking of WR's. Devin Hester is looking pretty good out in ATL, and he returns punts and kickoffs so I'm trying to slip him in on waivers without anyone noticing lol. 

2-point conversion with almost 13 minutes left in the game. They deserve failing for going for 2 that early. It's like these coaches can only half-add.

Kick the XP. You're down by 4 with lots of time left.

Then if you score a TD and give up a FG and you're tied. Now if that happens they're losing unless they convert a must-get 2. So many games have been lost because of this and so many still don't learn.

It's like these coaches can only figure what happens if 1 team scores exactly in the manner they're following "the chart" for, and no other scoring for the rest of the game. With about 1/4 of the game still left to play, and the opponent getting possession in about another 5 seconds of gameplay, you throw that chart in the garbage.

The chart presumes a shortage of time left in the game, (i.e. where there's only 1 possession left for each side, you have to stop them, then need to score yourself; or if going for 2 ties it up right now).

Except in this situation SD probably has 2 possessions left in the game (possibly 3), and just scored 2 TDs in the 3rd quarter. Now you're going to hold them to not even so much as a FG for nearly the entire 4th quarter? Sure, it could happen, but figure what's likely to happen not what you want to happen. And it's more likely for SD to at least get into FG position one time than for Arizona to suddenly shut them down.

It would be one thing if Arizona was just having their way with SD all game long, but that isn't the case. 

If they score a TD now they MUST convert a 2-point play just to get back to where they should have been, otherwise they still lose with a Chargers FG.

Go for 2, if the chart dictates, with 5 minutes or less left in the game. Or if you're scoring almost at will. Otherwise keep the chart in your pocket and kick the XP.

Archived