Of all the talented players Rex has destroyed and/or wasted

AFJF

I'll answer your question if you'll answer mine. I would like to see a football person brought in as the new GM and let him meet with Rex and any players he sees fit. Evaluate what Rex was able to get out of the talent he was given, and make the decision himself. I don't want to see any NFL HC fired because he's playing practice squad material as his starting CB's in a QB driven league, and has yet to have a QB who can make more than one and throw 20ish ints every season. I want an established football mind to determine whether or not Rex should stay. I don't want fans who ignore circumstances and invent media conspiracy theories driving the decision.

Now, back to my question. Which players have been most damaged by Rex's presence and will be the most productive once he's gone.

Wilkerson needs a new coach if you want to get specific. The guy has been flat out dogging it this season.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kyle Wilson shows everyone - every week - why he will soon be doing oil changes somewhere, bro.

Aren't you thinking of the oft injured, bite on every play fake, Dee Milliner?

Kyle Wilson has played all of his career under Rex Ryan, so therefore can't be properly evaluated as Rex knows nothing about football.  Too early to say with Milliner but he won't play under Rex as long as Wilson has so we'll know sooner with him.

Wilkerson needs a new coach if you want to get specific. The guy has been flat out dogging it this season.

So the highest rated defensive player on the team, and second only to JJ  Watt among current 3-4 defensive lineman has been held back by Rex all this time?

To be fair, "dogging it" is often a matter of opinion.  I've seen nothing from him that makes me think he's dogging it and not at all surprised to see that he's among the best lineman in the NFL right now.

So the highest rated defensive player on the team, and second only to JJ  Watt among current 3-4 defensive lineman has been held back by Rex all this time?

To be fair, "dogging it" is often a matter of opinion.  I've seen nothing from him that makes me think he's dogging it and not at all surprised to see that he's among the best lineman in the NFL right now.

4.5 sacks, no forced fumbles. He's underachieving...especially for what we need Mo to be. You realize the team is 1-8 no?

Which one will be the first to make go to Canton once they escape his grasp and get to show the world just how talented they are?

Vernon Gholston?  Mark Sanchez?  Geno Smith?  Stephen Hill?  Vlad Ducasse? Quinton Coples? Kyle Wilson?  Greg McElroy?  Scotty McKnight? Greg McElroy?  Joe McKnight?  Brian Winters?  Shonn Greene?  Josh Bush?  

So many great players to choose from that I just can't decide, but if I had to pick one, it would actually be Kenrick Ellis.

That is quite a boatload of talent acquired by Rex/Tanny/Iggy isn't it? No wonder the club has hit rock bottom. Too many reaches for guys Rex wants and not enough telling him to STFU and go stand in the corner. Iggy and Tanny are NOT without a lot of blame here, but Rex and Marty came back from Morgantown raving about Geno Smith. Quinton Coples was questioned for his work ethic in college - and surprise, surprise he is a lazy, underachieving NFL player. Stephen Hill caught about 5 passes in college and Jets take him over Alshon Jeffrey in second round. Sanchez may have been better with a different HC - one that did not baby him and then take away most of his weapons in his third year. Wilson has yet to make a big play in five years, and yet he is still here. Yucky-poo.

4.5 sacks, no forced fumbles. He's underachieving...especially for what we need Mo to be. You realize the team is 1-8 no?

Sheldon Richardson and Mo have been yucking it up on the sidelines all season. They're made men in Ryan's world. Mo got a pat on the back for getting tossed from a game this year. 

A team having a bad record does not mean that some individuals can't be performing well.  I just want the expert opinions on who Rex is hurting most by being around?

A team having a bad record does not mean that some individuals can't be performing well.  I just want the expert opinions on who Rex is hurting most by being around?

He's hurting the two best players on the defense. As Tom alluded to, Mo got tossed from the game that changed our season...Geno missing meetings like its NBD. How is this not on Rex? There's no accountability....young teams need accountability.

Kyle Wilson has played all of his career under Rex Ryan, so therefore can't be properly evaluated as Rex knows nothing about football.  Too early to say with Milliner but he won't play under Rex as long as Wilson has so we'll know sooner with him.

Mlliner is probably finished. An achillies tendon injury is nearly impossible for a CB to come back from. Besides, he will only sustain another injury as soon as he hits the practice field anyway. How do you draft a guy that has had FIVE surgeries in college in the first round? Stupid is as stupid does.

Guys, the reason this team is 1-8 is because of Mr. T. He is gone. It is going to take a few more years to get out of the mess he put us in. This is not Rex's fault at all. The guy is a great coach, the best I have been around and that includes one Bill Parcells. He needs some more players, he is getting them and setting up the program for long term success. Lets stop arguing and just cheer on our team. I am heading over to the stadium soon, and I will stop off at one of our great souvenir shops and pick up lots of Jets paraphernalia, you should all too.

Sheldon Richardson and Mo have been yucking it up on the sidelines all season. They're made men in Ryan's world. Mo got a pat on the back for getting tossed from a game this year. 

Should have been fined for sure, but in Rex World that is just par for the course.

Guys, the reason this team is 1-8 is because of Mr. T. He is gone. It is going to take a few more years to get out of the mess he put us in. This is not Rex's fault at all. The guy is a great coach, the best I have been around and that includes one Bill Parcells. He needs some more players, he is getting them and setting up the program for long term success. Lets stop arguing and just cheer on our team. I am heading over to the stadium soon, and I will stop off at one of our great souvenir shops and pick up lots of Jets paraphernalia, you should all too.

Not even REMOTELY funny.

All of them. You go.

So it is your opinion that Vernon Gholston, Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith,  Stephen Hill,  Vlad Ducasse, Quinton Coples, Kyle Wilson, Greg McElroy,  Scotty McKnight, Greg McElroy,  Joe McKnight,  Brian Winters,  Shonn Greene, and  Josh Bush will all be great players when Rex Ryan leaves?  

Which players has Rex's presence helped?

This thread is a direct response to your narratives, the least you could do is play along. You've compared a potential coaching change to when the 49ers fired Singletary and hired Harbaugh. And your pro bowl lament which you mentioned in here as well is another of your themes.

So when the new coach comes in all Harbaugh compared to Rex's Singletary, which of these great players on the current roster see their first pro bowl?

That is quite a boatload of talent acquired by Rex/Tanny/Iggy isn't it? No wonder the club has hit rock bottom. Too many reaches for guys Rex wants and not enough telling him to STFU and go stand in the corner. Iggy and Tanny are NOT without a lot of blame here, but Rex and Marty came back from Morgantown raving about Geno Smith. Quinton Coples was questioned for his work ethic in college - and surprise, surprise he is a lazy, underachieving NFL player. Stephen Hill caught about 5 passes in college and Jets take him over Alshon Jeffrey in second round. Sanchez may have been better with a different HC - one that did not baby him and then take away most of his weapons in his third year. Wilson has yet to make a big play in five years, and yet he is still here. Yucky-poo.

Okay, with all of the inside info you have, please tell us which players Rex Ryan hand picked that failed, and the greats that he didn't select but ruined.  Also, feel free to chime in on all the picks made by the great Eric Mangini that Rex ruined who will be great without him.  How many sacks will Venon Gholston have once the Jets fire Rex and Mangini's gem gets to show his stuff?

So it is your opinion that Vernon Gholston, Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith,  Stephen Hill,  Vlad Ducasse, Quinton Coples, Kyle Wilson, Greg McElroy,  Scotty McKnight, Greg McElroy,  Joe McKnight,  Brian Winters,  Shonn Greene, and  Josh Bush will all be great players when Rex Ryan leaves?  

You'd be better served speaking on the players we know are good. Guys like Decker, Mo, Sheldon, Davis, Pryor, Amaro would all be better served with a more organized coach who stresses acountability...at 1-8 no ones job should be safe. The team plays sloppy because the coach is sloppy. 

Three drafts under Eric Mangini and Mike Tannenbaum resulted in 15 Pro Bowls nominations for the players coming out of those drafts (Leon Washington, Brick, Mangold, Revis).

In six drafts under Rex Ryan, there have been zero such nominations. 

WOnder what it's like to be Brick and Mangold, to have solid Pro Bowl careers wasted by mismanagament of this franchise at every level.

And as to Revis, yes, he is a greedy bastard. But a talented one. WHy does this franchise historically go to war with it's best players. Revis will get a Canton bust right next to Riggins. Think about that. 2 all time greats and this franchise decided to argue over pennies isntead of keeping them.

This thread is a direct response to your narratives, the least you could do is play along. You've compared a potential coaching change to when the 49ers fired Singletary and hired Harbaugh. And your pro bowl lament which you mentioned in here as well is another of your themes.

So when the new coach comes in all Harbaugh compared to Rex's Singletary, which of these great players on the current roster see their first pro bowl?

The premise of this post is that literally every non-veteran player brought in under Rex was destined to be terrible.

The premise of this post is that literally every non-veteran player brought in under Rex was destined to be terrible.

Not even close.  Asking who Rex is holding back and so far one person  has said Mo and Sheldon, and you of course saying that every player on this team is great.

So you have a whole thread here to expand on your take about a potential coaching change, and lack of pro bowlers complaint, and you're balking with one-liners. Why? Here's your stage. Who have the Jets brought in that you expect to turn the corner under the coach of your choice? Say, Bevell. Who on this roster gets a pro bowl nomination with Bevell as head coach?

I don't really think that's arguable.

I know, Rex has been such a detriment to those guys.  Some day, a good coach is going to cultivate the talent they have and we'll see them make a play or two, and rise from the ashes of being the no.2 and no.3 ranked 3-4 d-linemen in the NFL.

The mistakes, which are the same mistakes each week mind you...are what's holding this team back the most. Not talent, not the fans...it's the dumb mistakes we see every week from this team. Penalties, wasted timeouts, awful turnovers. Get that cleaned up and this is a different team.

I know, Rex has been such a detriment to those guys.  Some day, a good coach is going to cultivate the talent they have and we'll see them make a play or two, and rise from the ashes of being the no.2 and no.3 ranked 3-4 d-linemen in the NFL.

A combined 8 sacks and zero fumbles forced. They're having awesome seasons you're right.

You'd be better served speaking on the players we know are good. Guys like Decker, Mo, Sheldon, Davis, Pryor, Amaro would all be better served with a more organized coach who stresses acountability...at 1-8 no ones job should be safe. The team plays sloppy because the coach is sloppy. 

No I wouldn't.  The purpose of this thread is to allow people to identify the players who have failed to play well because of Rex.  I am forever told that the Jets are terrible and a big reason for that is his inability to develop talent.  I want to know from those people what players have failed under him that will flourish when he's gone.  It is my opinion, although you disagree, that Mo Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson have played well under Rex.  I want to know what players have been held back the most and will do the best when he's gone.

It's universally known that Rex doesn't know how to coach, at all. Players just don't respond to the guy. He just doesn't know how to connect to coach them up.

It explains why every single year this team wins 1 game.

You aren't good at the over-the-top sarcasm bit.

Mostly because the logic sewn into it is dumb. Since when is loving their coach the equivalent being well coached.

You might be the only person here who has supported Rex by making the argument that his likable personality equates to him being a good coach. The rest of the Rex defensive arguments are usually rooted in excuse making.

So you have a whole thread here to expand on your take about a potential coaching change, and lack of pro bowlers complaint, and you're balking with one-liners. Why? Here's your stage. Who have the Jets brought in that you expect to turn the corner under the coach of your choice? Say, Bevell. Who on this roster gets a pro bowl nomination with Bevell as head coach?

Because it's an idiotic premise dismissing six years of tangible evidence that there's a player development issue under Rex Ryan. I almost feel bad for you two right now. You should both be wearing sandwich boards in the street, ringing a cowbell.

Archived