Of all the talented players Rex has destroyed and/or wasted

AFJF

No I wouldn't.  The purpose of this thread is to allow people to identify the players who have failed to play well because of Rex.  I am forever told that the Jets are terrible and a big reason for that is his inability to develop talent.  I want to know from those people what players have failed under him that will flourish when he's gone.  It is my opinion, although you disagree, that Mo Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson have played well under Rex.  I want to know what players have been held back the most and will do the best when he's gone.

They've played well, sure. We need them to play a lot better. You're worried about players like Wilson who we already know suck...with the personnel with have...our good players need better coaching and better leadership. Mo was laughing when he got ejected...this type of stuff does matter. The players we know can play have been in coast mode all season. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The premise of this post is that literally every non-veteran player brought in under Rex was destined to be terrible.

Nope, just asking people to say who they think Rex is hurting the most.  Did I leave somebody out that you would have voted for?  Terrance Ganaway maybe?  The Jets are bad because Rex doesn't know as much about football the fans do, so I want to know from the fans, which player is going to do great things once Rex is gone.  It's only a hard question to answer if it doesn't fit the narrative.

A combined 8 sacks and zero fumbles forced. They're having awesome seasons you're right.

You voted, and I appreciate that.  Rex has stunted the growth of Mo and Sheldon.  I can't wait to see what they do when the new guy comes in.  JJ Watt's contract is going to look like chump change.

They've played well, sure. We need them to play a lot better. You're worried about players like Wilson who we already know suck...with the personnel with have...our good players need better coaching and better leadership. Mo was laughing when he got ejected...this type of stuff does matter. The players we know can play have been in coast mode all season. 

How do we know he sucks?  He's only ever played for Rex.

You voted, and I appreciate that.  Rex has stunted the growth of Mo and Sheldon.  I can't wait to see what they do when the new guy comes in.  JJ Watt's contract is going to look like chump change.

You'd be surprised what some accountability can bring to a team.

Because it's an idiotic premise dismissing six years of tangible evidence that there's a player development issue under Rex Ryan. I almost feel bad for you two right now. You should both be wearing sandwich boards in the street, ringing a cowbell.

Yes, I know that your opinion. This question is more specific, and you're flailing to not answer it. Why? It's pretty straight forward. You feel Rex is terrible at developing talent so, of the talent already brought in here, which players do you think will flourish under new coaching?

I don't understand why you're not jumping on this chance to bolster your long-standing case.

Yes, I know that your opinion. This question is more specific, and you're flailing to not answer it. Why? It's pretty straight forward. You feel Rex is terrible at developing talent so, of the talent already brought in here, which players do you think will flourish under new coaching?

I don't understand why you're not jumping on this chance to bolster your long-standing case.

Tom played it smart.  He hedged his bets and said they're all going to be great.

You'd be surprised what some accountability can bring to a team.

Hey, I disagree with your choices but I 100% hope you're correct.  If Mo and Sheldon have been failing under Rex, they will literally go down as the single greatest D-line duo in history,and there won't even be a close second under the new guy.

Just so we're all on the same page: people who want Rex fired are now wrong because they won't give a sufficiently precise answer to a ridiculous hypothetical. We're watching someone torch a strawman that is itself torching another, larger strawman.

Address the hypothetical, but only in absolutes.

Looking back at that 09 roster that only won 1 game, a couple of guys have really become legitimate players after leaving Rex Ryan:

David Clowney

Wallace Wright

Ben Harstock

Matt Mulligan

Marques Douglas

Eric Smith

Donald Strickland

Lito Sheppard

Howard Greene

Drew Coleman

Marques Murrel

Shonne Greene

Mike DeVito

Sione Pouha

Kerry Rhodes

These dudes are balling all around the league but Rex just mustered 1 win out of them.

Ok how many times are we going around that Rex is not to blame for anything over the course of his tenure as coach. It is always the GM, or the owner or the players but never him

I'm pretty sure Rex Ryan has never made mistake in his entire life, therefore, couldnt be blamed for the fact he's only won 1 game in his career as a head coach.

Just so we're all on the same page: people who want Rex fired are now wrong because they won't give a sufficiently precise answer to a ridiculous hypothetical. We're watching someone torch a strawman that is itself torching another, larger strawman.

Just so we're on the same page, you're refusing to answer a very simple question.  There are enough threads on this board that go completely off the rails with personal attacks and a complete inability to show a little bit of respect for one another.  I posed a simple question...a very, very simple question.  Instead of answering, many have made snarky comments and/or started name calling.  Gee, can't figure out why I'd put so much emphasis on trying to please stay on topic.

Looking back at that 09 roster that only won 1 game, a couple of guys have really become legitimate players after leaving Rex Ryan:

David Clowney

Wallace Wright

Ben Harstock

Matt Mulligan

Marques Douglas

Eric Smith

Donald Strickland

Lito Sheppard

Howard Greene

Drew Coleman

Marques Murrel

Shonne Greene

Mike DeVito

Sione Pouha

Kerry Rhodes

These dudes are balling all around the league but Rex just mustered 1 win out of them.

Most players at the bottom of the roster remain that throughout their careers. What's worrisome, under Ryan imo...is that the players we have with actual talent are underachieving. I think Wilkerson and Richardson for example could be giving us more.

Just so we're on the same page, you're refusing to answer a very simple question.  There are enough threads on this board that go completely off the rails with personal attacks and a complete inability to show a little bit of respect for one another.  I posed a simple question...a very, very simple question.  Instead of answering, many have made snarky comments and/or started name calling.  Gee, can't figure out why I'd put so much emphasis on trying to please stay on topic.

The premise of this thread is a tad snarky tbh.

Ok how many times are we going around that Rex is not to blame for anything over the course of his tenure as coach. It is always the GM, or the owner or the players but never him

That's not the discussion at all.  This was meant to be a single discussion about one single issue.  Player development.  I have been told a million times over that a major reason for the Jets being so bad is Rex's inability to develop young players.  Therefore, I am asking a simple question.  Which players has Rex failed to develop who will will see doing big things when he is gone?  So far, TomShane votes "all of them" and Matt says Mo Wilk and Sheldon will rise to greatness once Rex stops holding them back.

Most players at the bottom of the roster remain that throughout their careers. What's worrisome, under Ryan imo...is that the players we have with actual talent are underachieving. I think Wilkerson and Richardson for example could be giving us more.

Even worse, Rex started a lot of those guys which speaks directly to his inability to asses talent.

And Wilkerson and Richardson are both terrible players and its pretty much 100% Rex Ryan's fault.

I'll answer it as soon as you answer my question: why are there so many songs about rainbows?

That's not the discussion at all.  This was meant to be a single discussion about one single issue.  Player development.  I have been told a million times over that a major reason for the Jets being so bad is Rex's inability to develop young players.  Therefore, I am asking a simple question.  Which players has Rex failed to develop who will will see doing big things when he is gone?  So far, TomShane votes "all of them" and Matt says Mo Wilk and Sheldon will rise to greatness once Rex stops holding them back.

You're misconstruing what I said for reasons unknown. Discipline and accountability will help everyone on the roster, including Richardson and Mo who we know are talented. The team is 1-8 clearly there are players underachieving no?

The premise of this thread is a tad snarky tbh.

Not at all...it's simply the fact that they players I have to choose from are so bad that it sounds like a joke.  Is there a list of other young players that I that I could have chosen from?

Archived