MM says no question Geno Smith can be a fine NFL QB

joewilly12

no one sucks as bad. those guys aren't delivering us rings but someone has to start. we need a sacrificial lamb so QB OF THE FUTURE isn't thrown in week 1.

rolling with geno again can't happen two reasons: (1) idzik isn't fired--after getting a reprieve from the geno mistake, he ain't going back there again; (2) new GM who will bring in someone new so he never has Geno-stink on his resume.

Ok I don't really understand how the "sacrificial lamb" has to come in the form of a $5million waste of cap room like Jake Locker or Matt Moore but ok.  Continue with the blanket statements that Geno is the worst qb in the league.  RG3 will be making us long for the good 'ol days of Geno next season if we're dumb enough to trade picks for him.

Ok I don't really understand how the "sacrificial lamb" has to come in the form of a $5million waste of cap room like Jake Locker or Matt Moore but ok.  Continue with the blanket statements that Geno is the worst qb in the league.  RG3 will be making us long for the good 'ol days of Geno next season if we're dumb enough to trade picks for him.

blanket statement? lol ok bud. I knew this wasn't about you not liking the potential FAs... you still have some hope in geno. it's cute.

Geno has the physical gifts to excel as an NFL QB, but he currently lacks the mental fortitude. If he can mature as a leader, and not let every personal set back snowball into disaster, he can become a fine QB. But that's asking a lot. I don't know if he has that in him or not. Right now, he doesn't. It's okay to be mad at yourself when you throw a pick but, by the time you get to the sidelines, you have to let it go. Regroup, and let your offensive teammates know you're gonna get 'em next time - not sulk in a corner by yourself. 

I suspect he's gonna see some time as a backup the next couple years. Perhaps he can watch and learn and grow. I don't think he's learning anything by continuing to start. I think he's just solidifying his bad habits. 

I suppose you could say all the same things about my aunt Tilly...except my aunt Tilly 100x better!

I get that the names aren't particularly attractive, although I'd pretty happily take Moore or Locker over Geno. Geno has been a nightmare of proportions that Jet fans are now nostalgic over the Mark Sanchez era. If your Plan B at QB is Geno Smith, you're not prepared. And If Idzik goes the way of Rex after the season, there won't be anyone in the building advocating for Geno, anyway.

I appreciate your desire to save a couple cap dollars, but QB isn't the place to settle for bargains.

the pickings are going to be so slim at QB this off-season that the Jets should sign more than 1 and let them battle it out in TC with Mariotta firmly planted on the bench.  

I'll never understand how Idzik passed on every QB other than Taj Boyd in '14.   QB is a position where you can't just settle for mediocrity, especially for a GM that preaches competition.  

Archived