Amari Cooper

Wreckingball

I agree I think we desperately need to start adding to the skill positions through the draft and I believe he will be there. Just like how our cap space and market would be great for new GM and head coach if Idzick/Rex are shown the door, I believe adding him would have the same effect on any potential QB.

The guy is on the same playing field as Sammy Watkins, if not better. He has a very similar game to Julio Jones. I'd be ecstatic if the Jets drafted him. It'd give us a top flight receiving corp for whoever the next qb is.

Big Cooper fan, but that's the thing, who does he compare to that has been a top nfl WR. He's nowhere near as fast as Watkins or as big as Jones.

Nothing jumps out to you about his measurables. He's just an incredible WR in college, but will it translate to the pros.

Big Cooper fan, but that's the thing, who does he compare to that has been a top nfl WR. He's nowhere near as fast as Watkins or as big as Jones.

Nothing jumps out to you about his measurables. He's just an incredible WR in college, but will it translate to the pros.

He's similar to Marquise Lee

Do you think Evans is faster or stronger? Maybe both?

Size is what separates them the most. Evans is a much bigger receiver but Cooper is more of a precise route runner, which can make up for a lack of size a lot of times. 

By the way, I think that Cooper is a few notches above Marquise Lee. I'd put him as a notch below the Sammy Watkins/Julio Jones references that I've said earlier. I do think that Cooper is one of the safer choices in the draft though. He's gonna be a really good player.

I see what you guys are saying but idk man when I watch him play this season I get the same feeling I did with Evans last year. It doesn't matter who this guy's QB is he's gonna be a good one and I was right about Evans. This WR crop looks almost as good as last year's , so it's going to be interesting this off-season.

The guy is on the same playing field as Sammy Watkins, if not better. He has a very similar game to Julio Jones. I'd be ecstatic if the Jets drafted him. It'd give us a top flight receiving corp for whoever the next qb is.

picking bama players is always a crapshoot.  you need to figure out if the player maxed out in college or still has more potential when they reach the NFL.   there were so many 'great' bama players who just never got better after college. 

Archived