PFF notes/grades from last night

AFJF

any discussion of the defense is missing the point. They gave up 16 points that's a good job by 2014 NFL standards. 

This a defensive HC that has helped insure that we take a Defensive player in the 1st round for 5 or 6 straight years, the defense needs to do more than a "good job" they need to win us the game. Make a big play on the Fish's last drive, force a Turnover. Never. 

Watch other teams tackle, they are all trying to the rip the ball out, never do jets players do that. Why? Simple. Rex loves leading the lead in yards allowed per rush etc.., so he preaches "sure tackling" which means to wrap the guy up. Teams that win will hold a RB up and maybe let him get an extra yard in an attempt to cause a turnover. 

The way Walls started this season, I expected him to work himself out of the league.  Williams seems like he might have some game.  Both solid depth guys.   Counting on them to play on the outside every game is a disaster, go figure.

I could see Walls as the nickle or dime corner next season. He's young and has decent size. Pretty solid tackler. We don't know what we have in McDougal and Milliner can't stay on the field. Depth at CB is going to be huge.

I could see Walls as the nickle or dime corner next season. He's young and has decent size. Pretty solid tackler. We don't know what we have in McDougal and Milliner can't stay on the field. Depth at CB is going to be huge.

They need to act like they dont have a single CB on the roster going into the offseason because you cant trust Miliner or McDougle.

Walls deserves a roster spot.  He's turned it around.  If they're in the position to put him at nickel or dime, it would obviously mean good things for the secondary.

Archived