How ironic is this?

Jetster

Whether it's better choices, or that they've done better with what they've chosen, the results on the field speak volumes. They've drafted a lot of defensive players that didn't work out, probably as many as we have, so I tend to think it's more about developing the draft crop better, rather than drafting better.

Part of it too is complementary football - they've invested in a defense to support a strong offense, and defending a big lead is always going to work better than defending when trailing in a game.

The Jets however draft defense ... because they do.

Your right, our player development is abysmal!

Take a player like Julian Edelman, do you think for one moment that he would have developed into a great slot receiver & punt returner under a Rex Ryan coached team?

How about Devin McCourty?

Do you think Rex would be patient enough to turn him into a capable safety because he wasn't cut out for CB?

Rob Ninkovich makes as many or more big defensive plays than Mo Wilkerson? But Mos agent is gonna want dollars slightly under JJ Watt. I live in New England so I get to see how they have developed some of these players to fit into their scheme.

Do we even have a "scheme" on offense or defense?

I know we have a pattern? All out blitzes on 3rd down. We also have a pattern of giving up the longest TD drives before halftime, during any 2 minute warning & another long TD pass in OT last weekend.

On offense we have had the worst QB ratings & ranks in the entire league? Coincidence? I think not. All of a sudden in a different system Sanchez seems more capable, not great, just more capable.

Rex hasn't helped develop one player on this defense that has gotten better, ok Davis is really it. I give the Dline credit to our Dunbar who did a great job with the Vikings.

Rex was lucky enough to coach one of the best defenses EVER in the Ravens. Then he got to coach a defense with 2 of the best CBs in the league, in their prime (Revis & Cro) along with buying his old LB for 50 million.

He's a phoney sorry.

I've been a Jet fan longer than you've been alive I can guarantee you that. It's getting old. I'm getting old. This team needs a bold makeover and a completely new direction. I'd rather watch us lose 42-38. Having a totally inept offense for 5 of the 6 years Rex has been unwatchable.

Add in Rex defense giving up big plays before each half, during every 2 minute drills and in OT like Sunday is also frustrating considering every idiot announced wants to keep reminding us that Rex is a defensive genius.

And just think how bad this defense would be WITHOUT all those first round picks eh? With all the selections spent on defense the Jets should bear a close resemblance to the 85 Bears, but it goes to show how little time Rex actually spends teaching these guys anything. Good f-ing riddance to Rex. It came two years late but better late than never.

what are you most proud of as a past* fan ?

Winning more Super Bowls, more playoff games, more conference championships, more division championships and more regular season games than any other NFL team over the last 15 years.

As a Jets fan, what are you most proud of?

More proof that Rex Ryan's QB development is the worst in Jets history, now I know this little tidbit comes from the evil brown man but...

Geno Smith (8 Pick-Sixes) averages a Pick-Six every 91 attempts, by far the worst ratio of any QB since 1940 (with at least 7 Pick-6s)

lol  Borderline racist (j/k), but hilarious nonetheless.

I've been a Jet fan longer than you've been alive I can guarantee you that. It's getting old. I'm getting old. This team needs a bold makeover and a completely new direction. I'd rather watch us lose 42-38. Having a totally inept offense for 5 of the 6 years Rex has been unwatchable.

Add in Rex defense giving up big plays before each half, during every 2 minute drills and in OT like Sunday is also frustrating considering every idiot announced wants to keep reminding us that Rex is a defensive genius.

I have watched about 25% of this years games.  I didn't let these punks steal my sundays.  don't let them steal yours

Archived