Schefter believes Idzik will be fired!

Seth

Switch to 4-3 . play him at DE. Problem is our Lbers aren't fast enough for the 4-3 . Davis , Reilly, IK may be the best suited to that style, that essentially makes Harris useless.

exactly what I thought you would say. unfortunately,making one unit fit and not another is not the coaches fault. by the way,coples is not a 4-3 de. never was,never will be and he would have about as much success at it as he did at olb.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exactly what I thought you would say. unfortunately,making one unit fit and not another is not the coaches fault. by the way,coples is not a 4-3 de. never was,never will be and he would have about as much success at it as he did at olb.

Rex's problem is he's a one trick pony , he has his favorite schemes and tries to force square blocks into round holes. Coples was his pick and he had/has no idea how to use him even today. He's not a OLB, he's a hand in the dirt edge rushing DE, Rex using him in coverage and trying to have him chip wr's and rb's is laughable.

Rex's problem is he's a one trick pony , he has his favorite schemes and tries to force square blocks into round holes. Coples was his pick and he had/has no idea how to use him even today. He's not a OLB, he's a hand in the dirt edge rushing DE, Rex using him in coverage and trying to have him chip wr's and rb's is laughable.

one trick pony? really? hey I understand that you want him fired. he will be fired, no doubt. there are plenty of reasons to fire rex without resorting to making sh*t up about him being a bad defensive coordinator. coples had a job until Richardson came along. explain to me how coples is rex's fault again. coples is not an olb, but he still did better at the position than any other bum on the team. once again, coples is in no way, shape, or form a 4-3 rushing defensive end. his natural position has and always will be defensive tackle as the entire jets defensive line are all defensive tackles. the jets have an over abundance of defensive tackles.

Coples was fine at olb he just happens to be excellent at de.

The Jets constantly use draft picks and try to move players to positions they've never played. 

Coples was a college DE/DT and they play him to OLB. 

Calvin Pryor was a college SS and they play him at FS.

Brian Winters was a college LT/RT and they play him at guard.

Oday Aboushi was a college LT and they play him at guard.

William Campbell was a college DT and they play him at guard.

Dakota Dozier was a college RT and they play him at guard.

IK Enemkpali was a college DE and they play him at OLB.

It's retarded.

one trick pony? really? hey I understand that you want him fired. he will be fired, no doubt. there are plenty of reasons to fire rex without resorting to making sh*t up about him being a bad defensive coordinator. coples had a job until Richardson came along. explain to me how coples is rex's fault again. coples is not an olb, but he still did better at the position than any other bum on the team. once again, coples is in no way, shape, or form a 4-3 rushing defensive end. his natural position has and always will be defensive tackle as the entire jets defensive line are all defensive tackles. the jets have an over abundance of defensive tackles.

Rex went to see Coples Pro Day and all but guarented he'd be a Jet. Don't you think Rex fought for him in the draft process. The fact the team is littered with Dl-men and lacking on the ofesnive side of the ball is because this is all Rex cared about , he fought for "his" players and could care less about drafting offensive talent.  The only tme Rex got interested in an offensive player is if that player did well against his defense ( Holmes, Edwards, Mason, Tebow).  People are blinded by his success with the Ravens when he had basically an All-Pro roster on defense. Give any half way decent DC the players Rex had in Balt and they'd be succesful.

Rex isn't staying. He will be fired. The right way to do it is to fire Idzik first, then let the new GM fire Rex. Or let the new GM tell the owner to fire Rex for him before he starts. You keep all the assistant coaches, and let the new head coach decide who he wants to retain - if anyone.

In retrospect, the only way keeping Rex had a chance of working was if they put him in charge of the entire organization (like a Belichick or Reid), and had him hire a "GM" to work beneath him.

***NOT THAT I'M IN ANY WAY ADVOCATING THAT***

But at least then, the two men would've been on the same page. This has been an epic cluster****.

I've thought about this as well. I think keeping Ryan for the new GM to hire is potentially setting up the new GM to be the bad guy the day he gets here. Ryan is still very popular in the locker room. I think the team would understand it if Woody fired them both in successive days, or even on the same day. They're all aware of the team's record and even those with personal affinities for Ryan realize it's a results business and the results of late haven't been good.  I don't know.

Rex went to see Coples Pro Day and all but guarented he'd be a Jet. Don't you think Rex fought for him in the draft process. The fact the team is littered with Dl-men and lacking on the ofesnive side of the ball is because this is all Rex cared about , he fought for "his" players and could care less about drafting offensive talent.  The only tme Rex got interested in an offensive player is if that player did well against his defense ( Holmes, Edwards, Mason, Tebow).  People are blinded by his success with the Ravens when he had basically an All-Pro roster on defense. Give any half way decent DC the players Rex had in Balt and they'd be succesful.

I find it hard to believe that you even read my posts,tbh

WTF are you guys arguing about? Coples beasted last week and put the other team's QB on the IR.  

Rex gets blamed for all of our draft picks sucking meanwhile the only two picks it looks like he's had any real input on also happen to be by far the best 2 picks of the last 3 years.

Or the fact that he's been playing out of position , so that Rex could keep all his Dline trophies intact.

Coples was fine as an OLB.  He's better as a DE but he was effective as an OLB and you wouldn't have Sheldon Richardson if Coples didn't move to OLB.  We can't switch to a 4-3 Harris and Davis are too slow.

got rid of a bunch of deadwood, made a reasonable trade of Revis, drafed sheldon richardson.  Has left the team with a of cap room.  did not fall for the old 'pay thorugh the nose' for medium free agents like DRC.  The guy botched his fa signings and last years draft was terrible so if he goes it will not be without cause but the new gm will be stepping into a decent situaiton.

Some good young players, lots of cap space and hopefully a totally purged coaching staff.

two words........Geno Smith

Archived