Schefter believes Idzik will be fired!

Seth

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really, no. If we have a hard time getting a GM because Rex comes with the gig (note: not my narrative), then why is somebody who already has a job going to take on a rogue buffoon? Do you understand how much better he has to be than the next guy for anybody to even consider this? Nobody has paid on a prop bet yet, but considering that Rex's five best offers are all going to be for stuff that isn't coaching, sure, why not. What do I have to risk to win zero this time?

The NFL community has a different opinion of him than the ant-Rex fans as a DC which is really what I am arguing. I actually hope he takes a year off to reflect on things before jumping back in. We'll see how things turn out soon enough if he doesn't do TV. I couldn't disagree with you more.

What has he done for us lately.

More than John Idzik. 

The league knows rex Ryan is getting screwed with an awful roster.

There are 10 spots about to be vacant, Are there 10 candidates better than Rex?

It's not some big secret. Give this man some talent and he will win. He's proven that much. 

If he connects on 43% of his punches he'll join Eric Mangini and Herm Edwards in the exclusive club of people with better success rates than Rex Ryan.

If he takes 19 swings at you, and only 2 of them connect, he'll have less misses than John Idzik's draft record.

Totally agreed with the last sentence. Ryan did inherit one of the best OL in the game, but Faneca (retired after 2009) and Woody (retired after 2010 season) were aging and in the twilight of their careers. I still wouldn't argue we had one of the best OL in the league. However, TJ was not the best RB in the game at any point in his career. He was a product of the system. 

Edwards are acquired a few wks into the season. Sanchez had zero chemistry with him for the first few yrs and if you recall our next few games, Sanchez threw several ints trying to force the ball to Braylon in often double and triple coverage. Before Braylon, we had Chansi Stuckey as our #2 WR. Clowney at #3. That is what Ryan inherited.

Players acquired after he got here = players inherited. Are you dense to not see this?

The NFL community has a different opinion of him than the ant-Rex fans as a DC which is really what I am arguing. I actually hope he takes a year off to reflect on things before jumping back in. We'll see how things turn out soon enough if he doesn't do TV. I couldn't disagree with you more.

Rex will never coach another game after next week's. He has made too many headlines and the last four years, none of them were good.

He is the kind of coaches that other teams admit has some talent and deserves a HC spot, just not on their team.

He cost us several candidates for GM. If Woody wants to right this disaster, Rex needs to go Sunday night. Then Idzik can go Monday morning. Clear it all out and give the new GM a clean slate.

Anything short of that, we put the rebuilding on hold until he does.

you are gonna bleed this 8 1st rounders on d to death. need I remind you only 3 are worth a damn

We'll wouldn't this be an indictment on Rex? First, not being able to judge talent, and second, not being able to develop it?

6 years worth of draft picks and the only three that really have outplayed their draft position are Wilk, SRich, and maybe Davis.

Compare to who potentially could be our next coach, Dan Quinn. Look what he did with Seattle's D. Best secondary in the NFL with only 1 first rounder. Late round picks start and are difference makers. Our late round picks can't even get on the field for ST on a 2 or 3 win team.

The time for Rex to go was 2 years ago. His firing is more over do than Joe Walton in 1989, and that is really saying something.

We need a top-to-bottom house cleaning.  They can't fire Idzik and keep Rex.  Could you imagine a coach surviving through 2 GMs getting fired?  Whoever the next GM would be would know that Rex "wears the pants" in the organization.  It's one thing if our coach were Bill Belichick but Rex ain't him. 

I see no reason why the Jets would keep Rex. No GM would come to coach here with Rex and Woody doing the interviews. Similar to why we ended up with Idzik (4th or 5th option GM). 

I Understand why people want to give Idzik the boot. Then again, i also understand the case for letting the guy pick his own HC. But, his FA signings and his last draft was horrendous. Everyone has mentioned the reasons with Idzik should be fired ad nauseam. 

That being said, please clear house and hire someone with personnel background. Get rid of Bradway.

COME ON WOODY DO IT FOR THE FUTURE MAN!

okay.  so Woody hired a search team to find a GM, now he may fire the GM after 2 years, and have to make another GM (and coaching) decision.  Is there any reason for people to be talking about things like optimism?  Optimism cannot exist in a vacuum.

okay.  so Woody hired a search team to find a GM, now he may fire the GM after 2 years, and have to make another GM (and coaching) decision.  Is there any reason for people to be talking about things like optimism?  Optimism cannot exist in a vacuum.

Woody Johnson is inept. He inherited all of his money. Yeah the jets value has increased while he's the owner do has the entire nfl and even franchises in other sports the LA Clippers just sold for $2 billion and up until 2 years ago they were a joke. Woody Johnson is simply a dumb person and there's no reason ever to believe we will ever win anything while this retard owns the team.

Rex is getting fired, that is the given. Please don't set yourself up for disappointment, and Rex is every bit the issue as well. Clean house is the only option.

=www.turnonthejets.com           not a bad piece of writing from Joe Caparoso      Half full/ half empty look at Idzik

Half empty is that he botched the cornerback position badly this offseason by failing to have a good Plan B after missing on Vontae Davis. He also didn’t leave enough depth at wide receiver or offensive line for 2014. His second round quarterback has not worked out and he’s had a pair of FA signings flame out and bring bad press to the organization (Mike Goodson and Dimitri Patterson). It was a poor decision to bring Jeff Cumberland back as a starter this year and the Chris Johnson signing has been OK at best. There are still major question marks about one of his first round picks in 2013 and his first round pick in 2014. There haven’t been many flashes from his mid to late round picks, including the bad look of cutting a 4th round pick after only thee games. Finally. he doesn’t have a media friendly personality.

Half full is he walked into a no talent, cap disaster and had a Head Coach forced on him along with being required to trade Darrelle Revis. He found the best player in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft, which looks like a wasteland so far and found a quality starting running back for a 4th round pick the same year. The early returns look good on the Percy Harvin trade. Overall, the team has a good crop of talent at running back and receiver along with a promising second round tight end. His 2013 5th round pick appears to be a competent starting offensive lineman, giving hope that this year’s 4th round offensive lineman could be the same. Dee Milliner was the Defensive Rookie of the Month last December, Calvin Pryor has been put in a tough spot, and Dexter McDougle hasn’t played, so it is premature to write them off despite their issues. Finally, who cares about satisfying the local beat?

The right assessment probably is somewhere in the middle. Whatever, Johnson decides there needs to be a clear chain of command in the personnel department. There can’t be a coach with his nose in personnel mixed in with a new GM who didn’t want him and a previous GM fired 9 years ago. Clean it up, Woody.

We need a top-to-bottom house cleaning.  They can't fire Idzik and keep Rex.  Could you imagine a coach surviving through 2 GMs getting fired?  Whoever the next GM would be would know that Rex "wears the pants" in the organization.  It's one thing if our coach were Bill Belichick but Rex ain't him.

Rex isn't staying. He will be fired. The right way to do it is to fire Idzik first, then let the new GM fire Rex. Or let the new GM tell the owner to fire Rex for him before he starts. You keep all the assistant coaches, and let the new head coach decide who he wants to retain - if anyone.

In retrospect, the only way keeping Rex had a chance of working was if they put him in charge of the entire organization (like a Belichick or Reid), and had him hire a "GM" to work beneath him.

***NOT THAT I'M IN ANY WAY ADVOCATING THAT***

But at least then, the two men would've been on the same page. This has been an epic cluster****.

Rex isn't staying. He will be fired. The right way to do it is to fire Idzik first, then let the new GM fire Rex. Or let the new GM tell the owner to fire Rex for him before he starts. You keep all the assistant coaches, and let the new head coach decide who he wants to retain - if anyone.

In retrospect, the only way keeping Rex had a chance of working was if they put him in charge of the entire organization (like a Belichick or Reid), and had him hire a "GM" to work beneath him.

But at least then, the two men would've been on the same page. This has been an epic cluster****.

This should be pinned at the top of every thread involving the subjects of fIring Rex, and Idzik.

So what your saying is given 1st round talent Rex cannot develop it unless the player is an absolute superstar. That's even more damning evidence against Rex. 

no. what I am saying is that the 8 1st rounders fits your agenda and I am just pointing out that all but 3 of them aint worth a damn, regardless of coaching

1. quintin coples- if there ever was a player playing out of position, this is it. defensive tackle playing outside linebacker,come on. you want to bash rex for this,feel free

2.wilkerson- top 10 in the league. does his job well. no coaching problems here

3.richardson-top 10 in the league.does his job well.no coaching problems here

4. kyle Wilson-above average cover corner. below average complete corner,making him a bout average. you think a coaching change makes Wilson a super star? he is what he is no matter who is coaching him

5.milliner-horrible coaching job by rex. he should have coached up the achilles tendon a lot more

6.calvin pryor- some say he is playing out of position. never should have been a 1st round selection in the first place. I don't blame rex for this kids inability to play. kid got drafted for his hard hits and that's about it

7. calvin pace-I assume he is one of your 8 1st rounders. yea. he sure is 1st round talent for sure

8. Jason babin- seems to be playing decent enough for an old man

gobs of 1st round talent on the jets d. rex sucks at defense

Switch to 4-3 . play him at DE. Problem is our Lbers aren't fast enough for the 4-3 . Davis , Reilly, IK may be the best suited to that style, that essentially makes Harris useless.

If the Jets swith to a 4-3 Harris has to go, move Antonio Allen in to the MLB position, move Davis outside and draft, sign a FA to start on the other OLB spot. Coples, Richardson, MoWilk, Harrison, Douzable, Ellis on DL. That would be a great front 7.

Archived