Bart Scott: Rex Could go Poaching

JetNation

Bart Scott?? Really???

How did leaving the Ravens and going with REX do for him?

Scott IMO was over rated. made the pro bowl once.

Anyone who goes with REX is as foolish as the fans who want him to stay.

Agree..but he got PAID for following Rex over and that's why HE LOVES REX.

Follow the Piper and he'll get you your $hekels. That OL' Snake oil salesman Rex, he is.

Other players see that and take note. Old man Buddy did the same exact thing in Arz with old Philly defenders.

Agree..but he got PAID for following Rex over and that's why HE LOVES REX.

Follow the Piper and he'll get you your $hekels. That OL' Snake oil salesman Rex, he is.

Other players see that and take note. Old man Buddy did the same exact thing in Arz with old Philly defenders.

As did the Tuna as well and about every other HC has done even BB with the Browns..

The minute free agency opened in 2008, Rex Rysn showed up at Bart Scott's front door to not get him to sign with the Jets because Rex had zero hand in shaping the roster.

And the Tuna brought in Martin,Pepper Johnson,Meggert,Cox,Lucas,Mawae,Pleasant,Vinny,Otis Smith,Gordon, Ernie Logan,Tom Tupa and Corwin Brown.. And that's just some no one has said Rex didn't bring in certain players he just wasn't the GM like some people like to say ..By the way Rex wasn't with the Jets in 2008 I assume that's just one of your usual mistakes?? :animal0029:

And the Tuna brought in Martin,Pepper Johnson,Meggert,Cox,Lucas,Mawae,Pleasant,Vinny,Otis Smith,Gordon, Ernie Logan,Tom Tupa and Corwin Brown.. And that's just some no one has said Rex didn't bring in certain players he just wasn't the GM like some people like to say ..By the way Rex wasn't with the Jets in 2008 I assume that's just one of your usual mistakes?? :animal0029:

ape aspires to the accuracy of a broken clock

Yeah, I had the wrong year, I guess that totally trumps the example of Rex being involved in personnel decisions. Let's crater on it, shall we? Ape doesn't even know what year Rex started, so nothing he says can has to be acknowledged!

It's not about that it's having players on the field that know Rex's system.. Just what we needed another Rex thread for the Rex haters to pontificate in..

You have not realized that this was and is one of rex's BIGGEST weaknesses?  He would rather have vet players who can no longer play that know his system than guys who can still play.  (Scott, Bryan Thomas, Pace, Eric freaking smith, etc etc, )  guys he hangs onto who know his system and can do one thing but just get killed when the other team matches up against them.  I hope rex takes a lot of the dead wood.  Hey maybe can can fleece him like we fleeced mangini in a draft day trade.

I say let Rex have his pickings. I say trade him Mo Wilk for their 1st rounder. All they're going to do is spend it on a defensive player anyway and Shane Ray and Gregory will most likely be gone by the time they're picking. They might as well get proven talent and sign Wilk to a long term deal and look at him as your first round pick. 

Archived