Bart Scott: Rex Could go Poaching

JetNation

Kenrick Ellis

Rex Ryan is still looking for work, but one of his former players, linebacker Bart Scott, had some interesting thoughts regarding his former team and Head Coach.  While on ESPN’s Mike & Mike, Scott endorsed Ryan as the perfect person to take over the Atlanta Falcons Head Coaching position.

“I think the Falcons are best situation for Rex to go into” said Scott, before naming a few current Jets he thinks Ryan should take aim at should he land the Atlanta job.  “I think a quick fix for that Atlanta defense is [Jets linebacker] David Harris is up for free agency, and Rex has the ability to bring a guy like that over,” Scott said. “He has the ability to bring a guy like [Jets linebacker] Calvin Pace over.  Harris continued,  “Rex also has the ability to bring over a guy like [Jets nose tackle] Kenrick Ellis that can come over and slice Tyson Jackson to that stud end, that Mike DeVito-type end, to the formation”.

Ryan’s interview with the Falcons reportedly lasted five hours earlier this week, with rumors surfacing that a second interview was in the works.  ESPN has named Ryan as the favorite to land the Atlanta job, which would place Ryan in unfamiliar position of leading a team with a quality veteran quarterback.  Ryan’s time in New York was marred by what was consistently sub-standard QB play as Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith combined for nearly 100 turnovers over the past four seasons.

Ryan has also interviewed with the San Francisco 49ers as well as generating interest from the Buffalo Bills.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
92ZWI-qBtMY

View the full article

I can definitely see Ellis becoming a very good player elsewhere. Hes really a guy we should sign cheaply and not let get away. 

Agreed..I really like Ellis, I think he's gonna' be a solid player when he gets increased reps.  He was just stuck behind too many guys here.

Yes, adding 3 average players to the falcons defense will really turn them around. Hahahahaha.

It's not about that it's having players on the field that know Rex's system.. Just what we needed another Rex thread for the Rex haters to pontificate in..

I hope he not only poaches free agents but also puts some draft picks on the table for guys like Harvin, Wilkerson, CJ2K and any other player he covets. These are Rex guys, they are used to NO ACCOUNTABILITY and low standards. That's why they Gatorade bathe a coach after a 8-8 season.

We need a complete culture change.

The only guy we may lose that will hurt is Harrison. But if we switch to a 4-3 who cares?

Snacks will be a RFA. He's locked up for at least one more year for about 2.5 mil. if we tender him with the 1st round compensation. He's not going anywhere.

First of all Barf, your formerly fat coaching failure, the loser who extended your meh career as the slowest LB in the NFL for a few seasons, hasn't got the Falcon or any other job yet.

Second of all, we are probably hiring the former DC of the Seahawks to replace him.

I think the chances of Quinn poaching a few Seattle UFAS in our direction far outweighs the possibility of WRECKS poaching Kyle Wilson, Landry or the NOW slowest LB in the NFL Harris should some team be stupid enough to hire him and all that stuff

More likely he will be sitting between you and Boom on the set.

CANT WAIT

First of all Barf, your formerly fat coaching failure, the loser who extended your meh career as the slowest LB in the NFL for a few seasons, hasn't got the Falcon or any other job yet.

Second of all, we are probably hiring the former DC of the Seahawks to replace him.

I think the chances of Quinn poaching a few Seattle UFAS in our direction far outweighs the possibility of WRECKS poaching Kyle Wilson, Landry or the NOW slowest LB in the NFL Harris should some team be stupid enough to hire him and all that stuff

More likely he will be sitting between you and Boom on the set.

CANT WAIT

Is this the same guy that you loved 2 months ago? You don't mean to disparage Rex after all these years of telling his detractors that they don't understand football.  

Archived